Visiting NA from EU

So I'm from a big clan/guild where we have players from EU and NA (and Russians). I know at the start we will be able to select a home server and then "visit" other servers without the option of WvW.

What I'm asking is, would it be possible for our NA players to choose one of EU servers as home to play with our (larger) EU playerbase in WvW, but then go level or do pve back on NA.

In short: is it possible to "visit" NA servers from EU?
    "Loss of blood... My only weakness!"
    ~ Warlord Khan, Magicka

Anyway, if you don't already see where I'm going with this, allow me to spell it out: the only meaningful MMORPG "endgame" -- i.e., something novel to do after the progression process is over -- is that of the sandbox.

Well......we don't know yet for 100% certain whether you can set your home server away from where you datacenter is (i.e. where you bought the game and login from)
    It's reasonable to say you can select any home server you want...but I don't think there's been any specific clarification on this yet.

It will be possible to visit anywhere though.

By what the ANet folks are saying. It seems like you can play on ANY SERVER you want as long as you buy the game in the region you WILL BE PLAYING from.

Deleted
    Is my copy of Guild Wars 2 tied to my region?

Yes. To play from North America you must purchase a North American copy of the game. To play from Europe you must purchase a European copy of the game. Note that this restriction impacts where you can play from, not which game worlds you can choose to play on.

By purchasing the correct copy of the game, you're supporting the game in your country, and you'll be connecting to your local data center, using your local customer support team, and downloading the correct language support for your country.
    Whilst it doesn't say "home" and "visiting" - "not which game worlds you can choose to play on" would suggest to me it means you can come and go as you please...

Ah I see, so as long as they buy American version they would still be able to play on EU.
    "Loss of blood... My only weakness!"
    ~ Warlord Khan, Magicka

Anyway, if you don't already see where I'm going with this, allow me to spell it out: the only meaningful MMORPG "endgame" -- i.e., something novel to do after the progression process is over -- is that of the sandbox.

Stood in the Fire Stealthedbear's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm interested in this question too.
    The other half of this question is, how laggy would it be playing at the EU datacenter while on NA , and vice versa?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Grable View Post
    Ah I see, so as long as they buy American version they would still be able to play on EU.
    Yeah I think some people have got confused with the whole "region specific" stuff. Its not like WoW - e.g. if you want to play on EU servers you have to buy EU copy of the game - merely that if you buy the EU version of the game, you can choose US servers as well as EU servers, but you can't take your computer over the US and play from there.

I'm not 100% sure why they've done this (they mention support / language support and so on...) but i'm sure they have good reason..., and to be honest all those people QQ'ing about it - it won't affect the majority of them anyway.

People who travel and game like say the armed forces, yes it'll affect them, however they've already said they are looking to come up with a solution - some people have blown it out of proportion a little imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Dalrath View Post
    Whilst it doesn't say "home" and "visiting" - "not which game worlds you can choose to play on" would suggest to me it means you can come and go as you please...
    It suggests it yeah, I was just saying that it's not been 100% definite set in stone confirmed yet

I do expect them to allow home servers from any server though.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stealthedbear View Post
    I'm interested in this question too.
    The other half of this question is, how laggy would it be playing at the EU datacenter while on NA , and vice versa?
    You don't play the datacenter, the datacenter just holds your character data and other things for your account. Ofcourse the servers might be at the datacenter, but it's not the same thing

I purchased a copy for a friend from the official site from the EU and he's from NA, does that mean he won't be able to even log in? Ugh...
    I'm in the "I don't have an obnoxiously large signature" club.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by dotSeed View Post
    I purchased a copy for a friend from the official site from the EU and he's from NA, does that mean he won't be able to even log in? Ugh...
    If he will try log in NA using EU locked client - yes, as of now he wont be able play.
    Anet announced that they are working on some fix for ppl who travel (it could apply for this situation) but no ETA for that or info what solutions they are consider.