Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I'm guessing there are different clients.

(Before my post gets deleted again from moderators thinking I'm breaking NDA) There was a tweet on the GW2 twitter page of someone asking if they needed to download a new client for the pre-purchase betas. The answer was that anyone who was involved in previous betas before the pre-purchase events will need to download the client they sent in the pre-purchase beta e-mails. So one would assume there is also a release version client. But then again, I don't know.
    Last edited by AdrianCC100; 2012-04-12 at 07:09 PM.

in wow since you can still play wow it needs to be 2 different programs. but for GW2 the last beta build can just be the normal game client so on day one you just log on and play mind you the beta servers will not be there so you need to have new toons but that is all server side. anet can just do what they like

15+ Year Old Account
    It's best to expect the 27th to be first Beta Weekend Event, but you can always hope the 20th to be the one.

27th is GW1 anniversary. ANet have stated they don't want to make that weekend about GW2.

Please, spread this around because I always see misinformed people saying the beta will be on the weekend of the 27th. Although it is a possibility, ANet pretty much confirmed that it's not on that weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by Bep-Shandris View Post
    27th is GW1 anniversary. ANet have stated they don't want to make that weekend about GW2.

Please, spread this around because I always see misinformed people saying the beta will be on the weekend of the 27th. Although it is a possibility, ANet pretty much confirmed that it's not on that weekend.
    Have not seen this anywhere, you have a source for this? That'd be nice if it's true since that would confirm the weekend of the 20th.

Quote Originally Posted by zardon3001 View Post
    Have not seen this anywhere, you have a source for this? That'd be nice if it's true since that would confirm the weekend of the 20th.
    I know I've seen a source for this but I can't find it anywhere now, sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by Zerdus View Post
    I know I've seen a source for this but I can't find it anywhere now, sorry.
    I don't think I could find a source either, but this is not the first time I've heard about this.

Quote Originally Posted by grandpab View Post
    I don't think I could find a source either, but this is not the first time I've heard about this.
    Same here, have heard it a few times now too. Just going to hope that it is true.

edge don't be a guru, I've noticed you've lately become very like them, chill
    "Bill Nye: So Todd I got an offer for you. You and me. Any time. Any place. Debating science mano- a-mano. I'll bring the facts, and you bring the Vaseline. Because your ass is gonna fucking need it when I'm done whipping."

Mr Eames: "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

Quote Originally Posted by jtgizmo View Post
    edge don't be a guru, I've noticed you've lately become very like them, chill
    Arenanet has asked the curse network to stop allowing it's users to break NDA so blatantly, GW2guru and MMO-c are both part of the curse network.
    What would you like edge to do, exactly? >.>

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusherO0 View Post
    Stop breaking NDA's guys. Seriously.
    didnt they say the NDA's are lifted any way :/

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommytom80 View Post
    They've said no such thing. The only exemption to the NDA is the press, and even they still have an embargo on select bits of content; namely the cash shop contents and certain areas.
    Last edited by Malthurius; 2012-04-13 at 08:34 AM.
    "Questions are for those seeking answers. Those who have answers are those who have asked questions." -Mike R. (Malthurius)

Quote Originally Posted by Tommytom80 View Post
    The NDA will not be in effect for FUTURE beta events,
    but people in previous betas are not allowed to talk about it still (unless they are press) and the stress test (which is what was being talked about) comes with an NDA.

Deleted
    Got a question regarding the beta.(With all respect to the NDA of course)

Your character name in the Beta, will it be saved when the game is released to maintain it's uniqueness or we are supposed to created the name/user ID again?

Edit:Herpa derp moment with some words.
    Last edited by mmoc596d425398; 2012-04-13 at 10:41 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DoriqQC View Post
    Got a questiong regarding the beta.(With all respect to the NDA of course)

Your character name in the Beta, will it be saved when the game is released to maintain it's uniqueness or we are supposed to created the name/user ID again?
    If you're referring to the name you registered your account with (Example.8736) then that should persist. Character names in game don't persist, but you can reserve a name through the Hall of Monuments system from GW1.
    "Questions are for those seeking answers. Those who have answers are those who have asked questions." -Mike R. (Malthurius)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Malthurius View Post
    If you're referring to the name you registered your account with (Example.8736) then that should persist. Character names in game don't persist, but you can reserve a name through the Hall of Monuments system from GW1.
    That requires you to have played through the GW1 game tho, i've played it ages ago and i don't even remember the account info anymore so i gave up on it.That also means i haven't got a single HoM (i guess).

Aside having played GW1 can you reserve a name in some other way?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DoriqQC View Post
    That requires you to have played through the GW1 game tho, i've played it ages ago and i don't even remember the account info anymore so i gave up on it.That also means i haven't got a single HoM (i guess).

Aside having played GW1 can you reserve a name in some other way?
    I don't think so. I'm not absolutely sure, but HoM is the only way I can think of. If you pre-purchased you can at least get a name 3 days before the majority.

Deleted
    I don't think so. I'm not absolutely sure, but HoM is the only way I can think of. If you pre-purchased you can at least get a name 3 days before the majority.
    If someone picks Doriq then *shakes fist in a threatening way*

I highly doubt there will be all that many day 1 purchases, so it's hard to call day 1 buyers 'the masses'.
    they're really pushing for pre-purchases, and with the benefits the majority of people who know they are going to buy the game (that would generally be day 1 purchasers) have already/plan to pre-purchase.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Delias View Post
    I highly doubt there will be all that many day 1 purchases, so it's hard to call day 1 buyers 'the masses'.
    they're really pushing for pre-purchases, and with the benefits the majority of people who know they are going to buy the game (that would generally be day 1 purchasers) have already/plan to pre-purchase.
    I wasn't referring to day-1 only. I meant majority as in everyone that buys after launch, which will eventually be the majority no matter how you split it.