Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    eat only meat and nothing else, you will lose weight

Deleted
    looking anorexic does not look healthy at all :\

Quote Originally Posted by Daphne Blake View Post
    Celery, it actually burns calories.

Also, wanting to look anorectic is not really the image of health, you should rephrase that.
    ^^Negative Calories ftw
    Miranda Rights: Miranda has the right to a decent man to help her raise her baby.

Quote Originally Posted by Selidor View Post
    eat only meat and nothing else, you will lose weight
    You'll also die. Your brain needs carbohydrates to survive. Veggies/Fruits/etc... you need them.

Quote Originally Posted by Tic Tacs View Post
    I'm 6''1 170 pounds.
    dude, you don't need to loose weight, this is not overweight

for the belly fat and stuuf, just exercises and don't eat crap, stay on fruits, veggies, small meat portion ,drink water
    cut the booze and stay with natural food, think like what a caveman would eat

no chips, no cookies, don't eat those pseudo healthy bar, no soda
    don't abuse bread and pasta
    Last edited by Phuongvi; 2012-04-13 at 09:51 AM.

Deleted
    Sorry, let me clarify. I need to lose weight in around one month. Currently, I'm 6''1 170 pounds. I feel kind of fat especially in belly (beerbelly but I stopped last month) and upper part of legs. My upper body is very slim. I don't want to gain muscles because I know that would take some time, just want to even out my upper / lower body. Any suggestions?
    I know it's a cliché, but try exercise, Also look into a ketogenic diet.

Being thin with no muscle looks awful, at your height you would look like a giant spider if unless you pack on some muscle.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sorry, let me clarify. I need to lose weight in around one month. Currently, I'm 6''1 170 pounds. I feel kind of fat especially in belly (beerbelly but I stopped last month) and upper part of legs. My upper body is very slim. I don't want to gain muscles because I know that would take some time, just want to even out my upper / lower body. Any suggestions?
    6"1 and 170lbs is pretty much where you want to be.

Sadly, I fear you need excercise, not less food.
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Gold and the 'need' for it in-game is easily one of the most overblown mindsets in this community.

Deleted
    Thanks all, I'll try eating less healthy foods because I've been eating them literally too much for past year or so. I'm thinking about replacing beer with cocktails or wine even though I fucking hate it. I guess that's the problem. I run about 2 miles daily so all good.
    Wine is full of sugar and so do many cocktails. If you are like me and cannot bear to give up the booze, try clear spirits mixed with either Tonic water or Diet soda, almost zero calories.

If you want to lose fat, it is actually about your diet. Just eating less calories will cause your body to become catabolic (uses muscles for energy instead of fat).

Natural raw foods are obviously the best. Foods that burn fat: Apples, almonds, natural peanut butter, strawberries, fish, turkey, low-fat dairy products, oatmeal, whey protein, green tea... just to name a few.

I understand the body you are going for, I am 6'4" and weigh about 175-180lbs, I look thin but still have muscle structure. Along with a healthy diet, you need to start a fat burning/toning workout. I run 20-30 miles a week and weight lift 4x a week (high rep low weight). Should take a you about 2-3 months to get where you want as long as you stick to it.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's not possible to eat one thing and stay healthy. In order to be healthy and look healthy, you need to ear a well balanced diet and get plenty of exercise. Eating colorful vegetables is always good, so if you're going to eat a lot of one thing, make it colored veggies. Make sure you're still getting enough calcium and protein though.

More exercise. Cut out red meat and increase your protein intake with chicken and fish instead. Snack on nuts such as peanuts instead of chips (IN LOW DOSES BECAUSE OF THE CALORIES) This isn't necessarily healthy but is a great way to instantly drop a few pounds: cut out sugar and replace with asparteme (splenda, etc.) If you can carefully monitor your daily calorie intake you won't be stuck eating bland healthy foods. Eating them sparingly is key.

I'm 5"3 and 115 and keep it that way just by monitoring how much I eat a day and exercising 2-3 times a week.

Maybe I'll get banned for this, but I think it's really annoying to read threads like these, about people who, first of all want to achieve a ideal look, that is not ideal at all, because they are too stupid to know what is sexy (read; bulemic)
    Second off, when the person who wants to lose weight doesnt know how to do it, and specifically wants to lose weight and not gain muscle. It reeks of no selfesteem.

I'll tell you what you need to know, not what you think you need to know. Quit all fast food, eat vegetables (600g recommended each day by doctors), go to the gym 3 times a week. ASK THE STAFF FOR HELP. Don't go in there like a retard, thinking you know what you're doing.

If desperate, start smoking.

You definitely do not need to lose weight. Sounds like you just need to find what king of toning exercises work the areas of your body your concerned with.

There are no shortcuts to healthy. If you simply change diet there is no way to ensure you will ose the weight in the areas you want to. Area specific toning exercise is the only real way to get the results yo uwant.
    Quote Originally Posted by Porcell View Post
    "Sir, you'll have to move, you are blocking the fire exit."
    "Excuse me, but if you have legs and are flammable, you are NEVER blocking a fire exit." I'd run.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arkhias View Post
    Actually, the deluge has been very enlightening to me. Lesson of the week is to not go out of your way to treat people with respect because there is a 90% chance they are narcissistic douchebags.

Quote Originally Posted by Jasyn View Post
    Many doctors/fitness/etc publications put 160-180 lbs for a 6'1" person as ideal weight. You're already ideal.

Sounds like you need to exercise to fill out your skin.

Situps, pushups and pullups, and some protein go a long way.
    Yeah, to be honest, it sounds more like you need to tone up than to loose weight. IF you really want to eliminate the little bit of fat, try a "cutting" diet, which is a term used by body builders when they go through stages of Bulking, taking in as much protein and carbs as they can to gain bulk and muscle, and then cutting, which they often attempt to put themselves in a state of Ketosis, taking in VERY VERY VERY little carbohydrates, which your body, by default, uses as it's primary energy source, in order to put their bodies into a simulated state of starvation, which releases Ketones into your blood stream, telling your body "Hey, I'm not getting any carbs, maybe I should use fat as an energy source instead." Combined with restricted calorie intake and exercise, when you burn more calories than you consume, you'll be directly burning them from your fat stores.

It's a high fat diet, but it's all the healthy fats that come from proteins and lean meat. To put it in perspective, just one can of non-diet soda has almost as many carbs in it that a ketogenic "cutting" diet recommends in a day. You'll eat lean meats, cheeses, beans, lentils, vegetables and fruits. Stay away from breads, pastas, cereals, starches, etc... The whiter, the worse. Also, avoid fried foods like the plague.

Due to its highly restrictive nature, it's not recommended for long periods of time (a typical diet schedule for a body builder would be 6 weeks bulking, 2 weeks cutting, repeat), but I've seen a ketogenic diet work wonders over the long term for severely obese people as well.

Anyway, even if you have just a little bit of fat to lose, don't expect a miracle in just one month. If you drink a lot of alcoholic or sugary drinks, cut them out entirely (fruit juices included), and drink almost exclusively water (having trouble drinking lots of water? Try no-calorie flavored (but not carbonated) varieties or try adding something such as MIO Liquid Water Enhancer (they come in no-calorie flavoring and energy boosting varieties in an assortment of different flavors).

Try and fit in a little bit of cardio and a little bit of resistance training each day. You probably don't need a brutal cardio routine, and since you don't want to bulk up, you don't need to lift heavy weights either. But having a bit of muscle on your bones will help out a lot if you just have a tiny bit of fat. Plus it could make you look more proportionate anyway. Work on your abs and do a bit of upper-body resistance training. Around here, dumbbells cost around $1 per pound, so a pair of 20 pounders will set you back about 40 bucks, but I'd recommend the investment. If you think 20's are too much, try 8-10 pounds. I've been working with 20's for a couple of years specifically because I don't want to get bulking muscles, I just want to maintain some tone.

Good luck.
    Last edited by Veyne; 2012-04-13 at 04:28 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Novakhoro View Post
    I recommend shoulder surgery immediately... there's no way you didn't fuck it up with how hard you just reached.