Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Heard nothing in York. Maybe a car back-fired outside the BBC and they were short on stories?

Nonetheless, an intriguing occurrence, especially with the MoD involved.

Deleted
    I'm not saying it's aliens but...

I first thought : DUH it is a supersonic plane
    but then i read it covered very large area, so it may have been like a rocket or some shit launched by a country with nerve agents /tinfoilhat

Quote Originally Posted by Stealthwings View Post
    Did not hear anything - Newcastle.

I dont know what it could of been, but for the love of god, dont go '' OMFG, ALIENS! ALIENS! DOOMSDAY IS EARLY!''. Ffs.
    To be honest North Korea and rocket tests came to my mind.. silly me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Difuid View Post
    To be honest North Korea and rocket tests came to my mind.. silly me.
    Hmm, you might be correct, but wouldnt the rocket have to travel over countries that wouldnt take too kindly of a North Korean nuclear delivery system flying over their lands?

The plot thickens.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slummish View Post

yaaay, someone else who's heard about the Tunguska Event! \o/ now I dont feel alone about that
    Shath'mag vwyq shu et'agthu, Shath'mag sshk ye! Krz'ek fhn'z agash zz maqdahl or'kaaxth'ma amqa!
    The Black Empire once ruled this pitiful world, and it will do so again! Your pitiful kind will know only despair and sorrow for a hundred thousand millennia to come!

Deleted
    This seems to be the most likely cause of this mysterious noise.

Quote Originally Posted by 3DTyrant View Post
    yaaay, someone else who's heard about the Tunguska Event! \o/ now I dont feel alone about that
    Not only is it linked on the internet all the time it was also famous in books before the internet... you must lead a sheltered life!

Live in Essex btw and heard nothing

from itv...
    A loud bang heard across the Midlands was caused by two typhoon aircraft responding to an emergency the Ministry of Defence has told ITV News.

The aircraft were on their way to a small civilian helicopter that was emitting an emergency signal. Such a signal could indicate the aircraft had been hijacked or had ‘gone rogue’.

One of Royal Airforce Typhoon’s emitted a sonic boom that shook houses in Coventry, Rugby and Leamington.

The MoD response was standard procedure officials say, but the emergency signal from the helicopter turned out to be a false alarm.

Still, some will see it as an indication of the high alert Britain is now on, in the run up to the Olympic games and Queens Jubilee celebrations.
    Dang, just as I got my tinfoil-hat out.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Algrumm View Post
    from itv...

Dang, just as I got my tinfoil-hat out.
    Yeah, just read it myself. Thought it wasnt that because an airport ruled that out, though airports aren't military installations so it makes sense.
    Darned loud though eh

Deleted
    You can hear a jet go super sonic over 3 counties?

Deleted
    This was amazing I'm glad they found out what It was (It was a Typhoon) I was outside at work lifting some computers and I heard this BOOOM I was like SHEEEEET SON

someone shitting out a bad curry

north korea's rocket.

Deleted

Couldn't resist.

No but in all seriousness, this is probably something that people will smack themselves on the head on when they do find out what it is and go: oooooh of course!

<Infracted> Posting meme images is against forum rules.
    Last edited by Dacien; 2012-04-12 at 07:46 PM.

I suggested this on the first page (I couldn't remember the details though but "airburst meteorite")
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    I knew it would be useful to be french at some point.
    Quote Originally Posted by xxAkirhaxx
    just get a mac. It's like sleeping with a fat chick to avoid STD's.

10+ Year Old Account
    Never heard it - but strikes me as odd why they would send two Typhoons to a helicopter - I mean what could they do in an 'emergency'? - weird

Quote Originally Posted by Saeran View Post
    Never heard it - but strikes me as odd why they would send two Typhoons to a helicopter - I mean what could they do in an 'emergency'? - weird
    If it was (as suggested) a hijacking type idea, they get to it fast, if it's over countryside they intimidate it into landing or shoot it down I suspect. Better it's the folks in it that snuff it than it get a chance to crash into a hospital/school or something.

We're still living in a post 9/11 type mindset.
    Last edited by mercutiouk; 2012-04-12 at 06:48 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    I knew it would be useful to be french at some point.
    Quote Originally Posted by xxAkirhaxx
    just get a mac. It's like sleeping with a fat chick to avoid STD's.

Probably some army bullcrap
    With Fire and Brimstone I light my path.
    With Pain and Shadow I smite my foes.
    With Demon and Fel I raise my armies.
    I AM WARLOCK, THE END OF YOU ALL.