Deleted

[Spine HC] How far/close are we from kill?

We have now gotten that far that we have cleared 2/3 plates. We have pretty much had the dps for every tendon now, but we are failing to to many adds / healing.

Those who have cleared it, gief some pro tips, they're appreciated

The fight is a boring snoozefest until the third plate or even the second burn on the third plate. Until you can get the first two plates down on autopilot, there is still work to be done before you get a kill.
    Jsz
    <Losers Club> US-Alliance

d u m b c a s u a l s l u t

^what jsz said. there are a ton of great threads in here about heroic spine strats so I would encourage you to scroll down a little. but assume that the 1st 2 plates are just easy execution of your strategy, and the 3rd is where it gets fun and the healers need to have their big boy pants on. there are going to be a lot of bloods and the tanks are going to be taking big damage spikes, it shouldnt take the healers long to get a feel for that and pick the right spells and assignments. if you are failing to adds meaning they are attacking people other than the intended tank, especially the healers, then your tank needs to monitor that and get busy taunting.

if you have specific comp or strat problems please post them up.

Like everyone else has said. If you have the dps to kill the tendon you're pretty much guaranteed to make it to the transition of 2nd to the 3rd plate. What's fun here is if you have blood adds control problems you have to go all the way back and make some minor changes to your strategy on first plate and second plate that will eventually secure you a kill. Transition from 2 to 3 and third plate execution is really where the fun starts.

What everyone else has said. But in terms of how close, you're like 10/15'ish% there. Honestly, plate 3 is literally the fight. The first two plates are an absolute joke and the 3rd plate is probably 90% of the fight. We worked on it for about 2 weeks and killed it last Thursday. Then came in this week and one shot it. It's one of those fights where when everyone develops the muscle memory for it, it'll be easy as pie. I do have to say, it is a very frustrating fight and it is a huge learning curve compared to 6/8 Heroic. Kind of disappointed Blizzard made the first 6 bosses relatively easy then then made Heroic Spine the largest pain in the ass. First night on DW tonight and we got him to 1.5 and 2% . 15 minutes to wipe at that percent makes me a sad panda.

Deleted
    The fight begin in last tendon, once you get to the last one without problems is when there is a small chance to defeat the (worst) boss (of wow's history). if there are enough dps for the tendons, I'd recommend use normal trinkets. If you have really good dps, I'd recommend try to kill the first one with BL and potions, if you can accomplish that the fight is done, really easy after that (so many less bloods at the end). The more faster you get to last plate and kill amalgams, more easier will be the last part (less bloods). It's really different to complete the fights in 9min vs 11min.