Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Should Healers in MoP be killed by DPS?

The question that must be asked and judged:
    Should DPS be able to kill a healer 1v1?

This means that the DPS eventually just runs them out of mana or can actually pull enough burst to kill them?

In the current game, If you 1v1 a healers, the Healer has about an 90% chance of killing you before you kill them.
    I watch Legendary rogues attack druid healers that throw hots up and then just dps the rogue and when they have to, heal some more.

It is crazy how blizzard has made this model that Healers should not or can not be killed by DPS.

I've watched PvE healers survive PvP burst too much to sit here and say this is a correct model.

no 1v1 a healer shouldn't drop to a dps. because if a healer cant keep his self up how the hell is he suppose to keep a team up.

the mentality a dps should have when faced in a 1v1 situation versus a healer is to dps is mana not his hit points. you see most dps self heals is strong enough to keep up with measly dps output of a healer. so basic when fighting a dps it a war of attrition against his mana not his hit points
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    I hear people say bring War back to World of Warcraft, well how about bringing World back to World of Warcraft

DPS don't die 1v1 against a healer unless they're awful.

With that said, assuming equal skill a dps should not be able to kill a healer in a 1v1 as it'd cause healers to be useless in 3s and 5s as they wouldn't be able to keep up with the damage.

If you are in a match and it reaches 1 heals versus 1 dps then the one with the greater skill should win. There should be no magic "I Win" role.

While I agree that a DPS should be able to kill a healer once their mana is gone, that's impossible when a healer can keep themselves alive indefinitely with 3k mana and two instant cast heals.

I fought a shaman (on my rogue) the other day who stood still the entire time and did nothing but refresh Earth Shield and Riptide. He dropped to 800 mana at one point and had maybe 3000 mana max the whole fight, and it went on for about 45 minutes until the arena ended.

DPS SHOULD be able to kill a healer one on one; of course this shouldn't be an instant "lol, you used your 2 CDs and now you're dead" kill, but it shouldn't be "lol, I've been at full health with no mana for 30 minutes and there's nothing you can do about it."

Quote Originally Posted by Broloth View Post
    While I agree that a DPS should be able to kill a healer once their mana is gone, that's impossible when a healer can keep themselves alive indefinitely with 3k mana and two instant cast heals.

I fought a shaman (on my rogue) the other day who stood still the entire time and did nothing but refresh Earth Shield and Riptide. He dropped to 800 mana at one point and had maybe 3000 mana max the whole fight, and it went on for about 45 minutes until the arena ended.

DPS SHOULD be able to kill a healer one on one; of course this shouldn't be an instant "lol, you used your 2 CDs and now you're dead" kill, but it shouldn't be "lol, I've been at full health with no mana for 30 minutes and there's nothing you can do about it."
    Then you're doing it wrong. You need to attack in bursts and make the healer use burst, expensive healing. You can't just keep constant sustained damage and expect to burn his mana.

yes, but in a driving them OOM.
    we do need to bring back mana sapping attacks as things are currently regen looks way too strong.

Sorry, but what dps role can be killed by a healer in 1v1?

If a DPS can easily 1v1 a healer, then healers are useless in 2s, 3s, and 5s, and thus arena becomes more imbalanced that the sad state it is in atm.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think that, yes, A healer should be able to die to a dps 1v1 - after a good 10 mins of wailing on the healer, using interupts, CC, and other things wisely, with some sorta MS buff (Decreased Casting, Less healing, or Increased Resource Cost)

However, I also feel that the healer should eventaully be able to kill a dps w/ self healing as well, should they keep up constant pressure (I.E dots, judgements, ect).

I would also like it if healers could do maybe 30% less damage then a dps with a short sacrifice to healing CD (Something like Tree of Life for druids, or Smite Chackra for holy Priests, +damage if you so choose with - healing
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

In TBC I could literally 1v1 any other class on my Disc Priest. Now a days I have no hope unless they have no form of self healing (ie. basically no one). So in my opinion healers were more powerful in the past than they are now in terms of 1v1.

Quote Originally Posted by Thalais View Post
    I watch Legendary rogues attack druid healers that throw hots up and then just dps the rogue and when they have to, heal some more..
    Lolwat? Haha, a druid healing through a legendary rogue! Good one! I smell a troll!

I am Druid - Play Free Online Games

Quote Originally Posted by shiryo View Post
    "Whats your ilvl? cuz that ass is epic"

Quote Originally Posted by Iracor View Post
    Then you're doing it wrong. You need to attack in bursts and make the healer use burst, expensive healing. You can't just keep constant sustained damage and expect to burn his mana.
    True that. The best way to kill a healer is by surprising them with damage. When most healers die 1v1, they weren't expecting so much damage. The only class that can give sustained, straight pressure and kill a healer is DK, especially before healing buff, but even then, DKs have to up the pressure with CDs to land a killing blow, unless it's a priest or druid, which can be taken out relatively easily by DKs, in most cases.

10+ Year Old Account
    So the OP thinks that MoP is using the same healing format as Cata.

That's the best part, really. In MoP, Healers (all mana users) will have a fixed mana pool that doesn't increase with gear.
    Quote Originally Posted by Callace View Post
    Considering you just linked a graph with no data plotted on it as factual evidence, I think Stanton can infer whatever the hell he wants.
    Extraordinary Claims Require Extraordinary Evidence - Sometimes I abbreviate this ECREE

I've watched PvE healers survive PvP burst too much to sit here and say this is a correct model.
    Such an obvious lie. I stomp into the ground any pve geared healer on my ret in couple globals. Hell i can easilly drop any pvp geared healer unless i'm properly peeled during wrath/fanatism. Unholy DK's can do it even better.

O.T. Current system works just fine (especially if you ignore 2v2 for better). Healers go down easy enough when something like dk/ret dk/hunt connects and manage to stay on target at least few sec.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by billybob10110 View Post
    Lolwat? Haha, a druid healing through a legendary rogue! Good one! I smell a troll!
    he's not trolling, the druid wasn't even doing anything he just stood there and did one or 2 hots.

that moment is somewhere at the end.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка

This means that the DPS eventually just runs them out of mana or can actually pull enough burst to kill them?

In the current game, If you 1v1 a healers, the Healer has about an 90% chance of killing you before you kill them.
    I watch Legendary rogues attack druid healers that throw hots up and then just dps the rogue and when they have to, heal some more.

It is crazy how blizzard has made this model that Healers should not or can not be killed by DPS.

Legandary rogues not being be-able to kill resto druids.
    Healers killing dps.

I.. what..?

---------- Post added 2012-04-13 at 09:44 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by dwarqon View Post
    he's not trolling, the druid wasn't even doing anything he just stood there and did one or 2 hots.

[video=youtube;EH6JduazTUE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EH6JduazTUE&feature=plcp&context=C482c7acVDvjVQa1PpcFOn7xaXVcXNkdoiBsZW1VmCNNDc0cy 7wcc%3D[video]

that moment is somewhere at the end.
    >beta
    I think I found your problem

This is not possible on live.

Yes.

Should healer be able to kill dps? Yes again.

Should dual-dps team be able to nuke healer, interrupting and stunning him and controlling his teammate? Yes.
    Should healer, using smart kiting, burning all his cooldowns and with a help of his teammate survive dual dps burst until his teammate kills one of the enemies? Yes again.

Thats what people usually call balance.

Deleted
    I don't mind dps being able to kill healers, but it shouldn't be because they can burst them down. They should grind them down and oom then and then eventually kill them. The trade off? Healers should be able to kill dps, so would have to remove self heals completely. As it is now I can't kill any dps class as a healer because my dps is to low and their self healing is to high. Back in wrath (s8) I could kill any dps aside from dk and warlock (hey self healing!).

In a team setting there should be people to try and peel off dps on a healer.
    Since that does not exist in a 1v1 situation then yes it should be possible to within a reasonable time-frame force a healer to run out of mana.
    However that simply does not work at present because they are way too sustainable and heals are just too strong given their minimal mana expenditure.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eletastic View Post
    If you are in a match and it reaches 1 heals versus 1 dps then the one with the greater skill should win. There should be no magic "I Win" role.
    This is currently simply impossible because DPS selfheals are higher than healers can DPS, so technically a healer can never win.