Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Random death on Warmaster

Hey tonight something weird happened.
    we were doing warmaster and before the 5th onslaught I die.
    No damage taken,recount log doesn't show anything,combat log doesn't show anything and this is the link to WOL http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...s/?s=445&e=646(click more).
    I was standing far from a barrage at 100% hp and BAM I die.
    It pissed me off pretty badly because we were having a bad night and dying like this is ridicolous.

Has anybody else experienced this ?

I'm the paladin
    Last edited by mmocd9d7581359; 2012-04-13 at 01:10 AM.

Log shows you died to Twilight Onslight... the large swirly thing that damages everyone in it and the ship.
    Hit you for 72k, so you just weren't healed up enough when it hit.

Only problems I've noticed is that the area from the charge is way bigger than they graphic, and also seems to be out of sync time wise.
    People will be 10 yards off to the side of the charge line and still get hit.
    Last edited by UunaPriest; 2012-04-13 at 01:16 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by UunaPriest View Post
    Log shows you died to Twilight Onslight... the large swirly thing that damages everyone in it and the ship.
    click more please.It clearly shows that I didn't die to onslaught and the last lines (when I died) say
    [21:50:42.734] Afrødìte Glyph of Prayer of Healing Mikkioo +0 (O: 1000)
    [21:50:44.843] Mikkioo Divine Light Shaggy +*78280*
    [21:50:44.843] Mikkioo Holy Shock Shaggy +*23128*
    [21:50:45.156] Mikkioo dies

Quote Originally Posted by UunaPriest View Post
    Look closer, that happened 16 seconds before he died.

This happened to me last week. I was standing at the front of the boat away from any fire or barrages when I just fell over and died. Nothing in the combat log.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuqup View Post
    Look closer, that happened 16 seconds before he died.

This happened to me last week. I was standing at the front of the boat away from any fire or barrages when I just fell over and died. Nothing in the combat log.
    I was below thrall between the two stairs

This is a bug that's been present since DS's release. Sometimes it happens before the pull, sometimes somewhere in the middle of it. Random deaths do happen on Warmaster, so it's pretty run of the mill. There's nothing you can really do to avoid it, as no one's really sure what causes it.
    Alt-aholics Anonymous member since 2005.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...totemic/simple
    85 Restoration Shaman, Elemental off-spec.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Whoopsa View Post
    This is a bug that's been present since DS's release. Sometimes it happens before the pull, sometimes somewhere in the middle of it. Random deaths do happen on Warmaster, so it's pretty run of the mill. There's nothing you can really do to avoid it, as no one's really sure what causes it.
    Now that I think of it,sometimes our rogue gets a random 130k hit at the beginning of the fight while the adds are still flying,same bug ?

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Had it here too, both on Warmaster and on Zonozz, where one of our healers would just die. Funny moment from last raid: (on Warmaster) "what killed me?", "hmm, 100k onslaught, then ... Twilight Instability from Ultraxion... "

This happened to our holy priest. He was totally fine, then all of a sudden *BAM* he's a spirit healer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account
    Warmaster is known to have barrages spawn underneath the ship slightly so you cannot see the animation. Hence if you are by yourself you will take the damage greater then your hp and just die. I can only presume this is happening. On a side note dieing to an ability that does X amount of overkill generally it will show up as just you Die. Has been like that for years. Can see this happening with having 1 debuff on warmaster + single soak.

same thing happened to me. i died in middle of nowhere and logs said nothing,

Some what related but i just randomly fell over dead 5 seconds after killing ultraxion. I was looking through my bags at 100% hp when all of a sudden i die.

Related perhaps?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Whoopsa View Post
    It's not a bug, it's a feature

Deleted
    Our rogue got nuked to 1% 3 seconds after we talked to start the encounter, and drakes weren't even in line of sight yet. No clue what happened.

Quote Originally Posted by Akoroth View Post
    Some what related but i just randomly fell over dead 5 seconds after killing ultraxion. I was looking through my bags at 100% hp when all of a sudden i die.

Related perhaps?
    Sounds like you were killed by Fading Light.

Basically do not rez ppl after you get the boss on the boat and you wipe. A bug happens that "he" is still on the boat and will go around one shotting ppl sometimes.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Derpette View Post
    Our rogue got nuked to 1% 3 seconds after we talked to start the encounter, and drakes weren't even in line of sight yet. No clue what happened.
    Same thing happened to our rogue at least 3 times in progression

To answer the OP, by the sounds of it, if you were between the 2 staircases to the upper deck, you might have been blown up by a sapper. It does like 1 million dmg or something, which will one shot you.

we've had a priest just die before warmaster was even pulled :P nothing in the combat log at all, naturally every one burst out laughing when it happened. seems to be a rare bug with the ship itself

There should be no instant kill mechanics in that encounter (as in ones that kill you rather than simply dealing a large amount of damage) apart from the one that goes off when the ship hits 0%.

Therefore it's another bug in a bullshit encounter.