Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Twiddly View Post
    So you think that these secret service agents, that were there to advance scout for a presidential visit, and had a complete, minute by minute schedule of his, did not know anything about the trip? Ok then....

If you violate a code of conduct when in a government position, there will be consequences, and there it *SHOULD* be public knowledge. Just saying "Oh they were just paying women for sex, who cares, dont tell anyone" leads into scary cover up territory.

They didn't have the President's schedule, they weren't even on the President's protection detail. The Secret Service is much bigger than just protecting one guy, or protecting person's of interest for that matter.

I swear, every thread you make is an attempt to reveal some big controversy. Get over it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Here's my query. Why does it even matter. Not like they were partaking in the Thai special(racist yet true joke). I mean really so they're johns in their spare time why should we care. I mean prostitutes aren't my style but i'll still defend what should be a persons right to paid sex LOL.

10+ Year Old Account
    A Secret Service source told Reuters that the employees involved in the scandal were support personnel and not part of the advance team, so they would typically not have detailed itineraries and schedules that far ahead of the president's arrival. Also any such papers would not be left in the hotel room, but would be kept in a security room set up for foreign presidential trips, guarded by Marines around the clock. "That kind of stuff is not kept in rooms," the Secret Service source said.
    Not even part of the advance team.

---------- Post added 2012-04-18 at 05:02 AM ----------

[/COLOR]As an aside, despite you claiming otherwise, I do not think you know the first thing about the secret service if you say they do not know much. They knew everything about the upcoming (at the time) trip, and saying that is knowing nothing is just flat out ignorance, or lying.
    Secret Service agents are on protection duty and also have investigation agents in Treasury situations. A lot of roles Secret Service agents used to have were taken over by other agencies. They don't have all this incredible power and knowledge a lot of people think they do.

Quote Originally Posted by Regennis View Post
    Not even part of the advance team.

---------- Post added 2012-04-18 at 05:02 AM ----------

Secret Service agents are on protection duty and also have investigation agents in Treasury situations. A lot of roles Secret Service agents used to have were taken over by other agencies. They don't have all this incredible power and knowledge a lot of people think they do.

First of all, trying to spout outright lies to prove your point is getting hilarious. Please, read the story. Read another story on it. Read any story on it.

Secondly, the list of people that agree with me on this: The president of the united states, congress, and the boss of the secret service. People that agree with you on it: yourself.

So who is right?

10+ Year Old Account
    First of all, trying to spout outright lies to prove your point is getting hilarious. Please, read the story. Read another story on it. Read any story on it.

Secondly, the list of people that agree with me on this: The president of the united states, congress, and the boss of the secret service. People that agree with you on it: yourself.

So who is right?
    The agree with a self-created internal code of conduct. Not once did I say they didn't break their own code. What I am saying is I don't think they did anything wrong. Those groups you mentioned said the situation was unprofessional, not wrong and not even illegal.

The problem here is you feel the need to post any article with a figure of authority doing something with which you do not agree.

The agree with a self-created internal code of conduct. Not once did I say they didn't break their own code. What I am saying is I don't think they did anything wrong. Those groups you mentioned said the situation was unprofessional, not wrong and not even illegal.

The problem here is you feel the need to post any article with a figure of authority doing something with which you do not agree.
    Not sure how you coming into another of my threads and insulting me is a productive use of your time, especially when you lie to do it.

I never once said "lol this is illegal!" it is against the code of conduct, they were sent home and jeapordized our relationship with another country. Apparently that is fine with you. Its not fine with me, the president, congress, or the head of the secret service, yet you still try to call me wrong.

---------- Post added 2012-04-18 at 04:47 AM ----------

Never once said it was against the law. Please at least read my posts before you degrade into insulting.

15+ Year Old Account
    Regennis, you are simply very, very naive not seeing multiple problems with their conduct.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

saw an episode of 1000 ways to die where a dude who was paranoid about conspiracies and shit died because he freaked out

twiddly is gonna be on the next season

Well that is pretty funny lol. It would have been even funnier if Obama got caught along with them. But seriously, People in that kind of position should not being doing things like that. If people that close to the President are doing that stuff what does that say about our country?

Quote Originally Posted by Bakis View Post
    Regennis, you are simply very, very naive not seeing multiple problems with their conduct.

His main thing as far as I have seen the last few days? Going to any thread I am posting in and insulting me. Is there a way to just ignore a poster? *Goes to look*

Feel free to ignore me if you do not like my posts as well reg, it would not hurt me in the slightest.

---------- Post added 2012-04-18 at 04:53 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Cottonmouth View Post
    saw an episode of 1000 ways to die where a dude who was paranoid about conspiracies and shit died because he freaked out

twiddly is gonna be on the next season

And this is about conspiracies why? They hired a prostitute (one of 11 hired that night by secret service agents) and did not pay her, and got caught. They got ejected from the country.

Quote Originally Posted by Starborn91 View Post
    If people that close to the President are doing that stuff what does that say about our country?
    Well, presumably, it says that prostitution should be legal in the US.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bakis View Post
    Off duty.
    Spent own money.
    Not even part of the advance team, merely a support role. What this definition is, who knows ... it could be answering phones.
    They didn't have anything in their rooms that could have been considered confidential.

You want to call me naive for thinking off duty officers should be able to use their time to do what they want within the confines of the law when the only thing it goes against is an orientation handbook? Get real.

---------- Post added 2012-04-18 at 05:58 AM ----------

His main thing as far as I have seen the last few days? Going to any thread I am posting in and insulting me. Is there a way to just ignore a poster? *Goes to look*

Feel free to ignore me if you do not like my posts as well reg, it would not hurt me in the slightest.[COLOR="red"]

Stop being a white knight when any sort of authority figure rubs you the wrong way. Then there wouldn't be a need. Maybe I should see if that cop can come "choke slam" you.

Off duty.
    Spent own money.
    Not even part of the advance team, merely a support role. What this definition is, who knows ... it could be answering phones.
    They didn't have anything in their rooms that could have been considered confidential.

You want to call me naive for thinking off duty officers should be able to use their time to do what they want within the confines of the law when the only thing it goes against is an orientation handbook? Get real.

So you think these secret service officers (Who, if you did not read, as I assume you did not if you think they were answering phones) which were three snipers, three melee protection, and the rest were intelligence types, breaking a code of ethics and jeapordizing the mission is fine?

Well ok then. I guess the fact they had there security clearance yanked and are well on there way to being flat out fired means that the government is wrong, and you are the only correct one in this entire matter.

I would say more, but as a sniper my life is very busy, I have to go answer some phones! (lol)

15+ Year Old Account
    Off duty.
    Spent own money.

I think you are naive cos you do no destinction of between what some random John Doe doing it and Secret Service Agents.
    The pre/current/post -visit entourage reflect the precidency and in such the United States abroad.
    ANYONE part of it has to show proper judgement, as I've written before it is not suitable with hiring hookers or hard partying no matter if payed by their own money.
    Off duty, their own money means nothing.

Sit down a bit and ask yourself why these news got so big and WHY 20+ were sent home? It was off duty and for their own money presumably, still why did they get shipped back?
    ´
    I can not spell it out more clearly for you.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

So wait-I hate all authority figuires according to you, YET, I am supporting the president on this. Is he not an authority figuire? Please, extrapolate.

---------- Post added 2012-04-18 at 05:05 AM ----------

I am a "white knight" because I do not think the secret service should be banging foreign prostitutes when it is against there code of ethics, and the president agrees with me on it, and thinks it gives our entire country a bad name. So is the president a "white knight" for thinking the same thing?

---------- Post added 2012-04-18 at 05:07 AM ----------

Threatening people with physical violence over the internet is a crime by the way, please refrain from doing so.

10+ Year Old Account
    Please stay on topic and do not resort to personal attacks

Those groups you mentioned said the situation was unprofessional, not wrong and not even illegal.
    I don't know which groups Twiddly mentioned that you're referring to, but reports say that there are, in fact, 21 U.S. personnel--the 11 Secret Service agents and 10 military service members suspected in the prostitution scandal. It's illegal for service members to patronize prostitutes.
    Last edited by Merkava; 2012-04-18 at 10:48 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Celticmoon View Post
    It's more about being professional and having ethics. They are the Secret Service to the President of the United States, not some random security guards. They have a certain level of professionalism to uphold on and off duty. It's as simple as that...
    We have a former President who is held in high regards who admitted to getting head and inserting a cigar into a woman while he was married, he finished out his presidency without any adverse repercussions.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Clevername View Post
    We have a former President who is held in high regards who admitted to getting head and inserting a cigar into a woman while he was married, he finished out his presidency without any adverse repercussions.
    I guess you could say she was smoking hot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Lets say you have a two 3 inch lines. One is all red and the other is 48% red and 52% blue. Does that mean there's a 50-50 chance they're both red or is the second line matching the all red line by 48%?
    ^^^ Wells using an analogy

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xylophone View Post
    I guess you could say she was smoking hot.
    I think that is what is most upsetting, that he did not have the taste of picking a JFK sort of girl