Deleted

best leveling spec for a Sage?

So i'm currently level 34 on my sage, and i've noticed that qyzen fez is dying really fast, even in tank stance. i've not played since 1.2 yet, but I want to level some more so that I might be able to get the 30 free days. so what's the best leveling spec for sage? and companion? and what stats should i go for? and is it okay to sacrifice willpower to get that stat?

I would say Balance, I leveled a balance and actually stayed Balance but then again I'm not into long interutable cast times.

Its really good because you melt things down fast and have the heals and shields for Quezen ( if you have kept him up on his gear)

Your Force in Balance is a powerful thing
    Last edited by Miah; 2012-04-14 at 02:21 PM.

If you are a healing spec, you should be levelling with a DPS, pref. melee DPS who can group mobs up better. Tank companions do very poor DPS, and don't have nearly enough armour/damage mitigation to make up for that, even if you keep their gear updated.

If you are a DPS spec, you can either level with a healing companion or do a double DPS team where you split aggro and kill mobs quickly. I don't know if you necessarily need a tank comp unless you find yourself dying to aggro.

Of course, with all that, you should be keeping your companions' gear up-to-date. Buy them orange armour and keep their mods/armoring/enhancements updated. The green quest rewards really aren't very good.

Deleted
    Healer+Qyzen is easiest but very, very boring. Once you get Nadia use her cos she is kinda OP. She is surprisingly good at tanking for a DPS, and does good DPS.

10+ Year Old Account
    What I did, this is coming from a 48 sage who can usuaslly do quests far above my lvl, like i got to the end of my class quests on Correllia at lvl 46, being telekenetics, and using either of the healing companions you have access to. Theran, or the dumb robot.

the dumb robot should never be used, ever. you can't equip him with a weapon/offhand, and so the heals you do get off of him won't be anywhere near as effective as Tharan's. Also, having no weapon, the idiot 'bot runs into melee with his fists, and so he'll be in for any AOE your enemy throws out.

As to the rest, I used Telekinetics and Qyzen until I got good gear for Nadia. Turn the one AOE Nadia has that throws enemies away from her off, and go to town. Force Quake to proc a Telekinetic wave, most groups will be dead from just that, strongs take longer, but not much. Keep Nadia shielded as much as possible and you'll be fine. If she's lower than 75% health after fight, mount or dismiss her, and re-summon/dismount. All companions come back w/full health and no debuffs when re-summoned or you dismount.
    Last edited by Deamonic; 2012-04-15 at 04:57 PM.