Page 18 of 63 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Just a quick question about cast times. I apologize in advance if this is already answered previously in the thread. Are tooltipped cast times rounded? For example, are 1.44s and 1.36s cast times both rounded to be 1.4s cast? This is what I've always thought. And if it is true, wouldn it be better to have 2 points in critical reactions instead of double dipping since a 5% and 7% alacrity bonus both lower tracer and unload cast times to 1.4 and 2.8 seconds and having a 100% to grant this alacrity bonus as opposed to only having 50% to achieve the same cast times?

10+ Year Old Account
    The cast times are rounded, however it is still best to "double dip". With 35% crit buffed, Critical Reaction is up nearly the entire time.

I would get more into explanation but I am still stuck using my phone at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Forsedar View Post
    Definitely not bad DPS! If I raid next Tuesday (I may have an event I have to take care of), I will use my parser this time around. This past Tuesday we just went in and cleared everything in ~2 hours (Pilgrim included). We just wanted to get in and out because of the lag.

New update:

http://www.swtorcombatlogs.com/

I advise anyone viewing this thread to check it out. I'm sorry that its going against you guys, Tensa! Change MoX to start looking like this and we'll continue using it
    glad to see you finally made the change:P Still some bugs with it and occassional crashes, but so nice having the live stream without having to alt tab.

Also I finally put up a profile on mr robot
    http://swtor.askmrrobot.com/characte...a-3bc9c50e76b1

I still haven't won the campaign boots...I am cursed.

10+ Year Old Account
    People are still outrolling you for them? (Assuming you still roll.) Argh, I would be livid after this long. That is why I like loot council... people who deserve gear get it, etc.

People are still outrolling you for them? (Assuming you still roll.) Argh, I would be livid after this long. That is why I like loot council... people who deserve gear get it, etc.
    heh it's all good I figure I'll eventually get em and don't mind guildies getting upgrades. not like 7 more aim is really going to be a huge boost for me:P Though it would be nice to finally get that and the MK4 earpiece to complete my set...right now I feel like an incomplete death star
    Last edited by Requiem4aDr3am; 2012-07-28 at 04:08 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    What are the chances of the MK4 Earpiece dropping? Luckily I found mine, but I'm unsure of where/what the possibility of it dropping is.

The cast times are rounded, however it is still best to "double dip". With 35% crit buffed, Critical Reaction is up nearly the entire time.

I would get more into explanation but I am still stuck using my phone at the moment.
    Could you get into a deeper explanation please? Right now the only advantage I see in double dipping over maxing out critical reactions is that your unload cast time is 2.9s instead of 3s when you encounter terrible RNG and don't crit for 6 seconds

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darklight522 View Post
    Could you get into a deeper explanation please? Right now the only advantage I see in double dipping over maxing out critical reactions is that your unload cast time is 2.9s instead of 3s when you encounter terrible RNG and don't crit for 6 seconds
    That is looking at it from a negative standpoint. I ran a Nightmare KP to play around with the new combat parser and the average of the entire run for Tracer Missile was 56% crit chance. My crit is at 36% right now. Ontap of that, Rapid Shots with 35% crit chance or higher will proc Critical Reactions every time.

For me, Critical Reactions is nearly always up. I have a 7% Alacrity boost instead of 4 or 5%. If you feel your luck with RNG isn't paying off, then I'm not sure what to say. Sims and testing has this at the top. I'm replying via Android right now in case my typing is off.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Here are the numbers when you double dip the alacrity talents...

4% alacrity for unload = 2.88s channel time (2/2 systems calibrations, 100% uptime)
    5% alacrity for unload = 2.85s channel time (2/2 critical reaction, 100% uptime on CRITS)

4% alacrity for tracer missile = 1.44s cast time (2/2 systems calibrations, 100% uptime)
    5% alacrity for tracer missile = 1.43s cast time (rounded up from 1.425s) (2/2 critical reaction, 100% uptime on CRITS)

7% alacrity for unload = 2.79s channel time
    7% alacrity for tracer missile = 1.395s cast time

Bear in mind the 7% alacrity is only attained 50% of the time after a crit (which should happen extremely often given black hole/campaign gear), otherwise you have 2% alacrity all the time..

Also know that the game is rounding cast times to the nearest tenth of a second.. so the channel time of unload that is 2.79s will be 2.8s... tracer missile cast time of 1.395s will be 1.4s.

I honestly do not know if the game is actually taking into consideration the hundredths of a second cast time when it does.. but I've just been going off of what my cast bar says which seems to be rounding to the nearest tenth. Either way.. the double dipping alacrity build will not have much of an effect on tracer missile.. the biggest benefit to the alacrity build is found when using unload... a 2.8s channel time of unload is much better than a 2.9s channel time.. granted...a tenth of a second isn't much when factoring in the lag variable and what not.. but this is us min/maxing our mercenaries as much as possible.

This is simply the best way to get the largest amount of alacrity from talents alone.
    Last edited by Syzyx; 2012-07-30 at 06:02 AM.

hey forsedar

whats you opinion on accuracy? I at the moment have 103% accuracy with 65% surge and 29.82 crit. I am told that we want accuracy to be round 105%

should i just stick with the 100% and get some surge/power enhancements? i do want more power but not sure if i should sacrifice accuracy to get it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Drop yourself down to 100% Accuracy (or 98.89%) and get your surge and power up. Surge/Power enhancements will do the trick nicely.

ok so new question

my current crit is 29.82% and my spec is this
    http://db.darthhater.com/skill_calc/...ef2ef5ef13ef4:

now with your build you say that you get 1.4 for tracer and 2.8 from unload. but atm (trooper) with my crit + first responder(talent) i am already getting a constant refresh of first responder, and thats without the double dip of the talents. is the build you speak of for gearing toons? i was able to keep first responder up with just hammershot

i am gonna try your double dip and see what kinda of additional time off i can get from first responder but doubt it will be much. but would be interesting to see

EDIT ok so i tried with your spec and it seems that first responder has a greater chance of dropping off with the double dip ( at least for me it did 4 times outta 7) but when i kept both points into first responder it was a constant refresh with just hammershot.

also the drop in time was still down to 1.4 and 2.8 so wanst really a good pay off but had to try. i would say to just keep both points in first responder and get 100% uptime. not sure why it dropped off when i did it your way perhaps one of you theory crafters can explain i hate math
    Last edited by WoWGoneBad; 2012-07-30 at 08:14 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    When you double dip- the cast times are still rounded on the cast bar. It doesn't look like an improvement, but it is. However, get a little higher crit and you will notice the uptime being much more often.

At this point in time, double dipping yields only a 'slight' increase so you should go with what you feel comfortable with. I, too, am a bit on the line with the double dip build because I don't feel that it is superior yet the results are telling me otherwise.

If you're just gearing up, don't worry about double-dipping because it won't yield its maximum results right now.
    Last edited by Forsedar; 2012-07-30 at 08:30 PM.

well the double dip does put me at a constant 1.4 cast and 2.8 for both abilities i just see first responder drop a tad more than with out the double dip. so i see where you see the benefit cuz i see it too, a steady cast for both abilities. atm i am 2 pt first responder and my unload is 2.8 cast according to cast bar and tracer is 1.4 according to cast bar. i assume these are rounded to the lower since its < 5

with your spec i get thses numbers
    unload 2.94 cast tracer 1.49

first responder proc
    unload 2.79 cast
    tracer 1.39 cast

me
    2pt first responder proc
    unload 2.85
    tracer 1.42
    so there IS a difference in numbers but like a poster said not sure if BW goes by the hundredths so not sure how much of a benefit we can see
    Last edited by WoWGoneBad; 2012-07-30 at 09:12 PM.

I did two sims with 35.49% unstimmed crit gear (can't link since I haven't posted enough). One with double dipping, and one with 2/2 Critical Reactions. Over an average of 100,000 five minute fights, 2/2 Critical Reactions parsed 3 DPS higher than double dipping. (1919 vs 1916). So this leads me to conclude that it doesn't really matter which build you use, the difference is negligible. Something interesting I found was that even though 2/2 Critical Reactions parsed higher, it had lower APM (35.8) vs double dipping (36.3)

On a side note: I checked out that parser you linked Aerro, and I have to say its fricking amazing.

10+ Year Old Account
    I noticed that too, Dark. Sometimes I have a string of great luck and see CR up nearly indefinitely but I am thinking of going back to 2/2. We shall see! There is a lot of time left for testing before Nightmare so I'm not worried.

Also the parser is amazing unless it screws up and links every fight together.

I noticed that too, Dark. Sometimes I have a string of great luck and see CR up nearly indefinitely but I am thinking of going back to 2/2. We shall see! There is a lot of time left for testing before Nightmare so I'm not worried.

Also the parser is amazing unless it screws up and links every fight together.
    Ive noticed the last couple of days problems with the parser on live feed. Kept updating out of combat during a short break in raid and was giving us inaccurate numbers during our last HM denova run. It seems to have fixed itself today at least for our nightmare pilgrim parse. I was at 1397 dps on NP today one of my better attempts if only I didnt constantly get targetted by the aoe!
    I'm still liking the 6/31/4 spec better than the 7/31/3 spec. I'm higher on everything now it seems. can check my parses or guild parses @ swtorcombatlogs.com.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, this past week we wanted to use it for our raid. Turned out it just counted all fights as one and oddly broke it up so you can't tell what exactly we're doing. I think it worked when I was in NiM KP but that doesn't count since half the time I was targeting the Merc with us who kept using Power Shot, Sweeping Blasters, etc. I was more or less trying to tell him hes doing it wrong instead of DPSing, hence my low uptime.

yeah the live stream sucks but at least you can still check it on the website just have to select the fight under your guild run listing

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Requiem4aDr3am View Post
    yeah the live stream sucks but at least you can still check it on the website just have to select the fight under your guild run listing
    That is what I'm talking about. I think it was just bugged out because I checked the date on the website and it had (1) encounter for our Pilgrim and HM EC clear lol.

Edit:

The Nightmare Pilgrim kill was logged but all of EC HM was not. I parsed at 1526.88 DPS which was probably one of my lower end attempts.
    Last edited by Forsedar; 2012-08-04 at 07:06 PM.