Page 46 of 63 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Keren View Post
    It doesn't matter which npc you hit with e-net, it will tick each time 20% stronger till the 6th tick, than has doubled damage value till the last tick.
    01st +0% damage
    02nd +20% damage
    03rd +40% damage
    04th +60% damage
    05th +80% damage
    06th +100% damage
    07th +100% damage
    08th +100% damage
    09th +100% damage
    10th +100% damage
    Only in pvp the function is as the comment states..

maybe dom didn't get it because there are 5 different threads to discuss Mercs?! Here, enjin-board with odawgg guide, mmo-mechanics with my sim and the official boards for mercs and troopers...
    I think that makes sense, having differences for pve and pvp as a boss most likely isn't going to move as opponent players. All I can say is that I so love electro net... for some reason especially against sorcs

yeah I only bother with this forum on mercs

So, this time I release my Sim it to all of you: http://mmo-mechanics.com/swtor/forum....html#pid24930

There are some hidden attacks (DFA_PPA, DFA_Bar, FT_PPA, FT_Bar) to use those attach only if the procc is not available. THe Output Log did get some polish to filter for gained and faded proccs. This way you can see when do gained the shiny AP proc, when does it faded, how often do you get and so on. Same with Adrenal, Power On Use, Bloodthirst..

Hope you enjoy it! And please give my feedback if you encounter any difficulties or bugs!

Wildstar Black Ops - loved by strangers

it's like you are taunting me keren! I do not use Office....I use a freeware program for all my stuff instead that doesn't work with your sim. What a cruel cruel world we live in!

Sry bro, I'm just not good in C or something like that :/ could do the stuff in Java, but it would suck to create the needed interface anyway.
    Moreover, nobody would download .exe file from an anonym guy like me...

Just to bring back even more theorycrafting:

1.6 Dread Guard Relic of Boundless Ages have 47 perm. Power and a 350 Power on Use effect:
    350 * 30 / 120 = 87,5 + 47 = 134,5
    2.0 Arkanian Relic of Boundless Ages have 29 perm. Power and a 395 Power on Use effect:
    395 * 30 / 120 = 98,75 + 29 = 127,75

So, please - tell your friends they should stick to the old ones if they still have them

TL ; DR:
    DR BA is stronger than Ark BA
    Last edited by Keren; 2013-05-13 at 03:23 PM.

Posted this on my SWTOR thread, thought I'd share it here as well...somthing to look forward to........

"Just a heads up for the near future, CRIT IS COMING BACK FOR MERCS!

Not that crit is a huge hinderance in current gear, as long as you don't take more than 200-250, you're not hurting your dps all that much. But, since Keren's simulator is now officially up, and Askmrrobot has updated new tiers of gear to be coming out, I took it upon myself to plug in some future BiS stats. Although crit isn't going to help out a great deal "quite" yet, some crit will be overtaking the all power build for BiS. Preliminary simulations suggest taking anywhere from (roughly) 50-250 crit will all come out pretty equal and is slightly better than the all power build.

Looking WAAAAAYYY forward, when tiers beyond even this come available, crit will likely really become a factor. But it's a relief to know that gearing for the next tier will be much easier not needing to swap so much of the default gear slots out for BiS."

Edit: FYI 2pc/2pc still coming out on top
    Last edited by odawgg; 2013-05-13 at 09:30 PM.

I still hope that they will adjust the crit scaling before the Kell Dragon Sets are gonna released :/

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by odawgg View Post
    Edit: FYI 2pc/2pc still coming out on top
    2pc/2pc is coming out on top on the sim??

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sysyx View Post
    Lame. I still stick with liking to see 4/5 because it makes me feel epic... too bad I will still use 2pc/2pc since its optimal.

Quote Originally Posted by Sysyx View Post
    yup by a slightly lesser margin than before, but still just under 1% difference

I am using the UW Cerulean Nova proc relic which in the tip mentions that it deals "352 additional energy tech damage" when it procs. However, in the combat logs on the dummy I am seeing staff like:

19:11:31.786 Leefty's Energy Surge hits Operations Training Target MK-5 for 275 energy damage.

Why do my procs deal 23% less damage than what they are supposed to? Am I missing something?

Quote Originally Posted by Leefty View Post
    I am using the UW Cerulean Nova proc relic which in the tip mentions that it deals "352 additional energy tech damage" when it procs. However, in the combat logs on the dummy I am seeing staff like:

19:11:31.786 Leefty's Energy Surge hits Operations Training Target MK-5 for 275 energy damage.

Why do my procs deal 23% less damage than what they are supposed to? Am I missing something?
    ernergy attacks are like kinetic hits and are reduced by enemy armor! Thats why you get lower damaging hits as the description may be told. Nevertheless it is stronger than her counterparts which do 264 non mitigated damage for mercenaries

Thanks Keren

I hadn't realized that the effect from the proc relic is just like any other attack, it can also miss for example :P

19:11:18.118 Leefty's Energy Surge hits Operations Training Target MK-5 for 0 damage, causing 1 threat.

the damaging proc can also proc the SA relic :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Leefty View Post
    Thanks Keren

I hadn't realized that the effect from the proc relic is just like any other attack, it can also miss for example :P

19:11:18.118 Leefty's Energy Surge hits Operations Training Target MK-5 for 0 damage, causing 1 threat.
    Yupp, everything now has a chance to miss or resist, which is nice but sometimes inconvenient. Glad to see it still gives threat for a miss haha.

Time to blow away all of you :/

Since nobody seems to really tested my Sim - yesterday the bugs came up. The implementation for SA and BA relics was false, they didn't even contribute their power value - thus they procced but dont gave you a damage buff. These bugs are now away and my Sim does produce new values of course..

BIS Setup with BA + CN = 3167,3
    BIS Setup with BA + SA = 3183,1
    BIS Setup with SA + CN = 3177,7

new relic ranking would be SA > BA > CN

hrm so because Im lazy and dont like clicking BA I should just stick with SA and CN from looks of it. I think I can get over the almost 6 dps loss:P

Time to blow away all of you :/

Since nobody seems to really tested my Sim - yesterday the bugs came up. The implementation for SA and BA relics was false, they didn't even contribute their power value - thus they procced but dont gave you a damage buff. These bugs are now away and my Sim does produce new values of course..

BIS Setup with BA + CN = 3167,3
    BIS Setup with BA + SA = 3183,1
    BIS Setup with SA + CN = 3177,7

new relic ranking would be SA > BA > CN
    Ahem... With all due respect kind sir, I believe I asked you to put the relic procs in the logs so they could be analyzed further I also still need to get a relic token so I can compare it to the simulator

I'm hoping to get one this week. So many opinions on the relics, want to really test for myself.

Edit: I'm a little perplexed though at BA>CN? math goes way against this, BA = 425/4*.23 for base damage then add in (1+crit*surge) bringing total equation to 425/4*.23*(1+.2262*.7108) = 28.37 dps...my CN relic is giving me 45 dps currently.

Math on SA...according to sim, procs 14 times in 5 minutes...so 14*550*.23*6(seconds)*(1+.2262*.7108)/300(seconds) = 41.12 DPS. So, there's either an underlying factor I'm not thinking of, or...I will try to really look into this more this weekend after I (hopefully) get my 2nd relic.

---------- Post added 2013-05-15 at 01:26 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Requiem4aDr3am View Post
    hrm so because Im lazy and dont like clicking BA I should just stick with SA and CN from looks of it. I think I can get over the almost 6 dps loss:P
    I might be with you on this haha, we'll see
    Last edited by odawgg; 2013-05-15 at 08:20 PM.

I'm open for all ideas! Dont see that statement as fact, these are just my current observations

I'm open for all ideas! Dont see that statement as fact, these are just my current observations
    Totally! I'm thinking the "underlying factor" might be the average coefficient...the previous calcs assume an average coefficient of 1. and that very well may be inaccurate, I'm in the process of trying to figure out the average coefficient right now, it could possibly explain why the power relics are coming out on top over damage relic.

Edit: I got an average coefficient to be about 1.19, so that does bump up the power relics a bit, but not significantly...It does put the SA ever so slightly above the CN, but not the BA. I'm officially perplexed!

Double Edit: I think I see, the BA is getting buffed for only being 5 minute fight...6 minutes would bring it through entire cycle 3 times. So it's gonna depend on the fight length probably. however, I'm still getting similar results...SA + BA about 6 dps better than SA + CN in 6 minute fight, which really doesn't make much sense since there's an extra minute of no power increase using BA...but w/e I'm sure there's some st error in there affecting it as well.

For me personally, since I'll only be getting one more relic before the new content hits, I'll decide between SA & BA to go along with my CN and call it a day, re-evaluate come new tier of gear.
    Last edited by odawgg; 2013-05-15 at 09:46 PM.