Upgrading computer, some help please!

This is my mothers computer we got her a year ago. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16883114093

I want to get her a new graphics card, nothing to crazy because she only plays casual WoW and some Pogo games. Atm she gets about 10fps with low settings, i want to give her at least something she can play on high settings and get about 30-40fps. I'm also thinking about getting her a little bit more memory but i should be able to pick that out.

Hoping one of you guys could pick out a few good ones to look through, because i don't know whats compatible with her machine. Thanks!

Assuming it has a decent enough PSU, a 6770 would likely be enough if she isn't playing at a high resolution.

Going to need a new PSU if so. This one is on sale, decent, and cheap.

Herald of the Titans Skarsguard's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I would upgrade your PSU as well but if you just don't have the cash I have heard people running a 7750/7770 on 250Watts but ehh I think I would upgrade the psu with the one chaud linked. BTW with wow and pogo games 7750/70 is enough.

Thanks for the info, we can upgrade her PSU as well. So the 550w is a good one?

Quote Originally Posted by missbrooklyn25 View Post
    casual WoW and some Pogo games. Atm she gets about 10fps with low settings, i want to give her at least something she can play on high settings and get about 30-40fps.
    Really depends on screen resolution on WoW. Processor on that computer is really weak for WoW, and will never run at 30-40fps on high settings on a modern FullHD 1920x1080 monitor or TV regardless of what graphics card you put in it.

Quote Originally Posted by missbrooklyn25 View Post
    I'm also thinking about getting her a little bit more memory but i should be able to pick that out.
    Wont help much past 3GB it already has, but some.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

CPU and Memory seem fine as-is for WoW .
    I also agree with char's mention of 6770 or skarsguard's option 7750 for lower power consumption.
    I'd still stick in a better PSU for sure.
    GL.