Deleted

Retadin on Madness HC 10man, with or without a blood alive.

I have via the search function tried to finding answers about retpalas and spellweave in general after our first tries on Madness HC where I noticed, my damage was horribly low... and I came across a tactic where people basically keep a blood alive and leach spellweave off it, but also some tips on how to increase you spellweave damage. On our kill which wasnt many attempts later - my dps was better but still low. Looking at logs of paladins - they seem to be fairly few but also most of them have insane spellweave.

However, my question basically boils down to - you paladins out there who have killed Madness HC or are progressing on it - are you using the tactic with the blood alive or not?

Deleted
    Nope, I never killed it keeping a blood up. If you want to maximize your spellweave dmg you need to know there's only 3 ways to do so as ret. Divine storm, holy wrath and the bone link fetish aoe proc. Use DS and HW on cd on aoe. And that's about it m8.

Keeping bloods alive is very rare in 10man (it seems, that's what i noticed atleast). Also, check dmg done on the arm/corruption (or whatever it's called) instead of all dps, since that's what matters

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by madmessias View Post
    Keeping bloods alive is very rare in 10man (it seems, that's what i noticed atleast). Also, check dmg done on the arm/corruption (or whatever it's called) instead of all dps, since that's what matters
    Yeh, I mean when it comes to just the mutated corruption I was a very close 2nd after our DK on the actualy kill - so when it comes to that my dps was fine. And aswell as we did kill the boss without any trouble, much easier than I expected. I guess I should have clarified more by saying so.

It's just overall - especially when looking at logs how other paladins did it felt extremely low. Also when looking at how they did in comparison to the rest of their team.

The highest parses on Madness are all padding, don't even bother with it.

Deleted
    A lot of it depends on how long the extra damage taken debuff is up on wing/arm tentacles too.

High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Got logs you can post?
    Quote Originally Posted by ubergoose
    here is your rotation:
    face -> keyboard -> roll

Deleted
    Not all are padding. You can pretty much get good ranks, playing the fight properly.

I got a rank 40 on my kill about 3 weeks ago, with close to 0 padding (I admit I abused spellweave during the first mutated corruption). Didn't have BLF either.

@OP: 1181 haste. Magic number that gives you 3 sec CD on CS/DS. This is not only awesome because of how fluid your rotation gets, but also because when it comes to AoE phases (2nd parasite on each platform/Congealing bloods on phase 2), your 3sec CD on DS is awesome. You'll see a huge increase in spellweave damage (proper damage, not padded), and an increase in your damage in general.

Setting up your cd's properly is quite important as well. You want to aim to have 3 Guardians during the fight and about 6-7 sets of CDS, depending on your kill time.

Since censure also procs spellweave, make sure you are judgment cleaving the wing/arm tentacle when you are dpsing the mutated corruption. It will help get your spellweave damage a up a bit.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ABog View Post
    Got logs you can post?

worldoflogs. com/reports/rt-damkm9hp8gafm8bc/?s=3219&e=4076[COLOR="red"]
    Last edited by mmoc7e5a1a5024; 2012-04-18 at 11:47 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Svartengel View Post
    worldoflogs. com/reports/rt-damkm9hp8gafm8bc/?s=3219&e=4076[COLOR="red"]
    Fixed:

http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-da...?s=3219&e=4076

Deleted
    Answer to darknessice since this forum won't let me do anything;

That seems like something worth trying. I found it a bit hard to manage my cds, since well... normally I just pop them and all is fine but deathwing, the timing just wasn't there.... granted, we did about maybe 10 tries where I was dpsing, and perhaps like in total 5 proper tries, so i haven't gotten that much practice on the fight since in the beginning I was tanking so one of our tanks could go healer.

Think for next time I'll also try out going for a bit more haste.

It just feels weird normally being one of the top dpses and then on deathwing going bottom, at first i was tempted to blame my class but then I looked at logs - and checked their gear and i was like.. "ok, time to learn how to play".