[Movies] Halo movie ruined because of Microsoft?

http://kotaku.com/5903457/the-halo-m...ium=socialflow

In an excerpt from the book that's up now on Wired, Russell writes that Microsoft "wandered into the deal naïvely expecting everyone to play by its rules and the resulting culture shock put immense strain on the Halo deal." The publisher asked for too much and didn't know how to play ball.
    What ultimately killed the Halo movie was money. "Microsoft's unwillingness to reduce their deal killed the deal," says Shapiro. "Their unwillingness to reduce their gross in the deal meant it got too top-heavy. That movie could have been Avatar."
    So what do you guys think? At the end of the Kotaku article the link to the entire article on Wired is posted.

This honestly sounds like something I can see Microsoft doing. And now that I know the movie is more than likely not happening because of such things?
    Unhappy camper.

Just wanted to get reactions and other people's thoughts on it.
    Anyone still hoping(like me) that it'll still get made someday?

Edit: The article on Wired is much more in depth, interesting, and surely makes Microsoft seem slightly less retarded, albeit only slightly.
    Last edited by Shoridayo; 2012-04-19 at 06:24 PM.
    There are good people in every corner of the planet. Unfortunately, the Earth is round.

District 9 was better than any Halo movie ever could have been, so good riddance IMO.

For the record, I've never played Halo so you may want to disregard my opinion, but there it is.

Also, doesn't come as a surprise that Microsoft managed to ruin yet another thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Youvegotfail View Post
    District 9 was better than any Halo movie ever could have been, so good riddance IMO.

For the record, I've never played Halo so you may want to disregard my opinion, but there it is.

Also, doesn't come as a surprise that Microsoft managed to ruin yet another thing.
    Indeed, I loved D9, so Microsoft's failure was our gain.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm not sure a Halo movie would be any good. "Could have been Avatar?" Not likely.

It probably would have fallen somewhere in between Starship Troopers and Battle LA in terms of acting and special effects respectively. A smart move would be to make an animated feature, in the realm of Final Fantasy, Spirits Within. Live action would be too ridiculous imo.