Voters
755. This poll is closed
  • Frieza

357 47.28%
  • Mewtwo

398 52.72%
Page 11 of 44 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast

How is this even a question... There's a marker that no fictional being can surpass, EXCEPT for DBZ characters. That marker is right at Goku kaio kenx20 in the Ginyu saga. So even if Mewtwo was that powerful (hah) he would be crushed by Frieza.
    Quote Originally Posted by checking facts View Post
    it's pretty hard to find a good girl in the sea of whores that is my country, brazil.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeBogina View Post
    I believe DBZ characters can make any of their abilities that require more powerful or faster by using more power doing it. And because of the fact that no character has ever been shown to move around the planet in mere seconds, let alone minutes, that they can not move faster then the speed of light, especially when they are fighting. and appearing to vanish doesnt mean you're a going the speed of light.
    It's not a travel ability for flying around which you seem to think it is. When they dodge a energy beam in DBZ it's because they put all of their power into that quick movement for a fraction of time and are able to move that fast for a brief instant to dodge the blast. To fly around always at light speed would be a waste of energy and they would have no energy to fight with. They use it sparingly just to dodge stuff so that they don't exhaust themselves. Can't imagine it's easy on the body.

O yah, OT, definitely Frieza. I love pokemon, but Mewtwo does not stand a chance on this one.
    Last edited by Duncanîdaho; 2012-04-22 at 04:41 AM. Reason: Took out raditz, not relevant.
    The generalist looks outward; he looks for living principles, knowing full well that such principles change, that they develop. It is to the characteristics of change itself that the mentat-generalist must look. There can be no permanent catalogue of such change, no handbook or manual. You must look at it with as few preconceptions as possible, asking yourself, "Now what is this thing doing?" -Children of Dune

Quote Originally Posted by Choptimus View Post
    @Digglett: This is what I was saying. Arguments CAN BE MADE. Different universes CAN BE COMPARED. You're just saying "NU-UH MY ONES BETTER!!" while disregarding any logical discussion. AKA: blind fanboyism. <3
    Don't twist my words like that. I'm not trying to insult anyone. If we ignore the premise that allows them to be comparable (that the universes are similar enough to our own to be compared that way), yes, this discussion is completely pointless nonsense. I was simply explaining that premise.

Quote Originally Posted by shootyadead View Post
    Ok how about this then. Goku has an ability called Instant Transmission. He is able to use said ability to travel across GALAXIES in seconds. I don't know how you measure things, but that seems to be waaaaaaaaaay faster than the speed of light to me.

---------- Post added 2012-04-22 at 04:21 AM ----------

Loool. Megatron? Shia Lebouf destroyed him. I think Frieza would blink him into oblivion.
    My rationalization for Instant Transmission/improbable speeds the characters move at: magic. In general, I ignore the rationale behind speed in the DBZ universe for my own sanity. All we need to know is they move really fast through magic.

Ok how about this then. Goku has an ability called Instant Transmission. He is able to use said ability to travel across GALAXIES in seconds. I don't know how you measure things, but that seems to be waaaaaaaaaay faster than the speed of light to me.
    That....has nothing to do with what me and Laucrus(?) are discussing...cause that is a "power" and has nothing to do with "power lvls" and yes its faster then the speed of light, its faster then any kind of speed you could ever imagine...cause its INSTANT

Quote Originally Posted by Choptimus View Post
    @Digglett: This is what I was saying. Arguments CAN BE MADE. Different universes CAN BE COMPARED. You're just saying "NU-UH MY ONES BETTER!!" while disregarding any logical discussion. AKA: blind fanboyism. <3
    Except I never said Mewtwo was better, did I? Try rereading my posts friend.
    Last edited by Digglett; 2012-04-22 at 04:33 AM.

>.> its a cartoon, laws of nature dont apply all the time. And Dbz is bad at this. Let me give you an example of how logic works with this.

You're at a nascar race, you're in the front row, the cars drive by. They look so fast, they enter your field of vision for the left and exit from the right in less then a second. now you're in the top row your field of vision is much larger now. you see the whole track now and cars are small, you then realize that they look like they are going slower.

my point is that even thought they increased the field of vision, they failed to make the beam look like it was slowly leaving the planets surface, cause its a cartoon. but you made the excuse for them and said "SPEED OF LIGHT". yes the beams are fast, but there has never been any indication that they are faster then the speed of light. These artist, anime-ers aren't majors in anything about the laws of nature, so they are allowed to make mistakes. but acknowledging that is the difference between you and me apparently.

lets see what else, Frieza not transforming? Cause its fantasy, the bad guy saves his super evil more powerful forms for the climatic parts. Could you imagine him showing up there in a totally different form, without them ever fighting him in his first form? and last I knew it took him some time to transform into his last form.

"The only logical conclusion is that I'm correct" no, you want to be correct. "and he was not moving as quickly as he could." again, bullllllllshit, they had the Dragonballs, he seemed pretty pissed off when he left nail.
    You don't know that the animators, and everyone involved, repeatedly made the same mistake. And it's not like they're ignorant about light speed and solar distances. Light speed is mentioned in the series more than once, and Bulma even states how many light years it would take to reach Namek in an Earth space ship. Vegeta's Final Flash is flat out shown to leave our solar system in a matter of seconds.

It only takes Frieza about a minute or two to transform, and it took him far longer to reach his space ship. And even if you were right about the characters not moving faster than light, we still know Frieza wasn't moving as fast as possible, because he still had energy to spare when he arrived. If he moved at his truly maximum speed he would have ran out of energy, as energy can be consumed to increase the potency of all energy based techniques. And judging by the actual fight against Frieza, I don't think his energy reserves were even dented. That pretty much proves that he could have gone faster if he wished.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account

Loool. Megatron? Shia Lebouf destroyed him. I think Frieza would blink him into oblivion.
    Nope I played the Mewtwo v Frieza fight out to detail in my head and it ended with Megatron as the victor.

Quote Originally Posted by Duncanîdaho View Post
    Even Raditz, the weakest of the weak in DBZ can move faster then light, and I will link the video of it if you really want me too. It's not a travel ability for flying around either which you seem to think it is. When they dodge a energy beam(specifically Piccolo's special beam cannon which moves at light speed) in DBZ it's because they put all of their power into that quick movement for a fraction of time and are able to move that fast for a brief instant to dodge the blast. To fly around always at light speed would be a waste of energy and they would have no energy to fight with. They use it sparingly just to dodge stuff so that they don't exhaust themselves. Can't imagine it's easy on the body.

O yah, OT, definitely Frieza. I love pokemon, but Mewtwo does not stand a chance on this one.
    I bet they need to use energy to shield themselves from bursting into flames from the friction against the air moving that fast. lol just a thought.

10+ Year Old Account
    That....has nothing to do with what me and Laucrus(?) are discussing...cause that is a "power" and has nothing to do with "power lvls" and yes its faster then the speed of light, its faster then any kind of speed you could ever imagine...cause its INSTANT
    Ok so traveling faster than anything you can imagine means that DBZ characters in fact are not able to surpass the speed of light? It directly relates to what you're talking about with Laurcus. It doesn't matter if it's an ability they have all the time, or if it's something they must transform to use, or if it's even something bestowed upon them by a higher power (ie. Gohan twice with Guru and Kai), it doesn't really matter how, it just solely means that they are indeed capable of traveling that fast.
    "I am the hope of the universe. I am the answer to all living things that cry out for peace. I am the protector of the innocent. I am the light in the darkness. I am truth. Ally to good! Nightmare to you!!!"

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Amsden View Post
    Nope I played the Mewtwo v Frieza fight out to detail in my head and it ended with Megatron as the victor.
    Mewtwo learns Aura Sphere which is x2 Super effective against Steel types. Megatron aint got nothin on him.

Quote Originally Posted by Duncanîdaho View Post
    Even Raditz, the weakest of the weak in DBZ can move faster then light, and I will link the video of it if you really want me too. It's not a travel ability for flying around either which you seem to think it is. When they dodge a energy beam(specifically Piccolo's special beam cannon which moves at light speed) in DBZ it's because they put all of their power into that quick movement for a fraction of time and are able to move that fast for a brief instant to dodge the blast. To fly around always at light speed would be a waste of energy and they would have no energy to fight with. They use it sparingly just to dodge stuff so that they don't exhaust themselves. Can't imagine it's easy on the body.

if a guy who's as powerful as a saibamen, can move faster then the speed of light...then im sure it wouldn't take much energy for someone who's 1000's of times more powerful to move that speed. And wasting power? frieza has the ego bigger then any other I've seen on that show, even claiming hes the most powerful being in the universe. He doesnt care about wasting power. He even sat there shooting off random beems from i think his chest all over the planet, from the window of his ship.

And Energy in Dragon ball z is not the same as sun light energy. It can move at varying speeds of light. Depending on the amount used in it. and the way its used.

---------- Post added 2012-04-22 at 04:37 AM ----------

Ok so traveling faster than anything you can imagine means that DBZ characters in fact are not able to surpass the speed of light? It directly relates to what you're talking about with Laurcus. It doesn't matter if it's an ability they have all the time, or if it's something they must transform to use, or if it's even something bestowed upon them by a higher power (ie. Gohan twice with Guru and Kai), it doesn't really matter how, it just solely means that they are indeed capable of traveling that fast.
    omg... >.>

It is a "power" like invisibility or super speed or seeing the future. not to be confused with raw power lvls. It has nothing to do with powerlvls. It has nothing to do with kamehameha's or distructo disks or big bang blah blah blah.

and im sure anyone can learn it if they were taught it by the ppl who taught goku, but its not something you just eventually achieve by becoming more powerful.

For argument's sake imagine that Frieza has transformed into his perfect form and that he's at 100% of his power level, and that for Mewtwo, he has all his Pokemon clone minions, knows all the abilities psychic type Pokemon can know, and he has battle items (X speed, X Attack, etc).
    ... mewtwo, he has a magikarp...

though it would be interesting to see how the actual fight would go... as yeah as mentioned, Frieza hasn't had to really battle a psychic.. and as for 'frieza can kill a planet!' ... Mewtwo can control the people of the planet... OR.. to be reaaally technical, krillin could destroy a planet if his frizzbee missed.

/shrug, would be cool to see.

*is both DBZ and Pokemon fan... at least as far as the first couple seasons.*

if a guy who's as powerful as a saibamen, can move faster then the speed of light...then im sure it wouldn't take much energy for someone who's 1000's of times more powerful to move that speed. And wasting power? frieza has the ego bigger then any other I've seen on that show, even claiming hes the most powerful being in the universe. He doesnt care about wasting power. He even sat there shooting off random beems from i think his chest all over the planet, from the window of his ship.

And Energy in Dragon ball z is not the same as sun light energy. It can move at varying speeds of light. Depending on the amount used in it. and the way its used.
    It is true that it's stated that Raditz can move faster than light. And that totally supports my point that Frieza wasn't moving as fast as he could.

Also like some people are saying, appearing to Vanish does not mean you travel at light speed, that is correct. But when people are punching exactly where Goku's standing and the punches are going right through him, yet the image is there unchanged. It means Goku is moving faster then light because the light itself isn't even changing because he's leaving the spot and getting back to it so fast in order to dodge. This was before he powered up and fought with Frieza and reached Super Saiyan level. Frieza can move faster then light.
    Last edited by Duncanîdaho; 2012-04-22 at 04:45 AM. Reason: Didn't mean to use that quote.
    The generalist looks outward; he looks for living principles, knowing full well that such principles change, that they develop. It is to the characteristics of change itself that the mentat-generalist must look. There can be no permanent catalogue of such change, no handbook or manual. You must look at it with as few preconceptions as possible, asking yourself, "Now what is this thing doing?" -Children of Dune

10+ Year Old Account

---------- Post added 2012-04-22 at 04:37 AM ----------

omg... >.>

It is a "power" like invisibility or super speed or seeing the future. not to be confused with raw power lvls. It has nothing to do with powerlvls. It has nothing to do with kamehameha's or distructo disks or big bang blah blah blah.

and im sure anyone can learn it if they were taught it by the ppl who taught goku, but its not something you just eventually achieve by becoming more powerful.
    You make two very large assumptions in both of these posts. First that just because someone with a smaller power level can do something, then someone else could because they have more power. That's not true at all. What if Raditz moving at light speed was a "power" he had picked up somewhere? Think Frieza would have had the same "power" if he hadn't gotten it from wherever it was Raditz did?

Secondly, you're assuming that just because one character can learn something then everyone else could. That is also incorrect and is shown to be exactly the opposite throughout the series.

Finally, I do agree with you that energy can and is often used in varying speeds. The spirit bomb being one of the more prevalent examples of this.
    "I am the hope of the universe. I am the answer to all living things that cry out for peace. I am the protector of the innocent. I am the light in the darkness. I am truth. Ally to good! Nightmare to you!!!"

Quote Originally Posted by Caiada View Post
    Don't twist my words like that. I'm not trying to insult anyone. If we ignore the premise that allows them to be comparable (that the universes are similar enough to our own to be compared that way), yes, this discussion is completely pointless nonsense. I was simply explaining that premise.
    I didn't twist shit, or say you're trying to insult anyone.

Fuck this forum seriously it's just one butthurt misunderstanding or over entitled misinformed shitstorm after another.

Bun this.

So perfectly relevant to this conversation!

Watch the first 40 seconds.

Quote Originally Posted by Laurcus View Post
    You don't know that the animators, and everyone involved, repeatedly made the same mistake. And it's not like they're ignorant about light speed and solar distances. Light speed is mentioned in the series more than once, and Bulma even states how many light years it would take to reach Namek in an Earth space ship. Vegeta's Final Flash is flat out shown to leave our solar system in a matter of seconds.

It only takes Frieza about a minute or two to transform, and it took him far longer to reach his space ship. And even if you were right about the characters not moving faster than light, we still know Frieza wasn't moving as fast as possible, because he still had energy to spare when he arrived. If he moved at his truly maximum speed he would have ran out of energy, as energy can be consumed to increase the potency of all energy based techniques. And judging by the actual fight against Frieza, I don't think his energy reserves were even dented. That pretty much proves that he could have gone faster if he wished.
    You're telling me that even though there has been no proof of their humans being space faring and that Bulma's father made a ship that could travel the galaxy in days and your'e trying to compel me that the creators based this on logic? Obviously there are 1 of 2 things here. The creators didn't use much logic, or made a whole new universe with different laws of nature.

And like Shootyadead said, Raditz is faster then the speed of light and hes only 1000ish, so its not like Frieza would use much energy if Raditz could do it.

---------- Post added 2012-04-22 at 04:49 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by kaelleria View Post

So perfectly relevant to this conversation!

Watch the first 40 seconds.
    lol i love Albridge xD

Frezia, He could wipe out an entire planet without even trying. Mewtwo is cool but it is hard to beat someone that could kill all of the pokemon on whatever their world is called.