View Poll Results: What should be the punishment for a police officer brutally assaulting a civilian?

Voters
72. This poll is closed
  • The animal should be put in jail for life

22 30.56%
  • Should be fired

14 19.44%
  • Nothing he's just doing his job

10 13.89%
  • He should retrieve a medal

26 36.11%
Page 1 of 6
... LastLast
    Deleted

The Rise of Police Brutality

Since the attack on September 11, 2001 there has been an increase in police brutality across the United States. Police departments are becoming increasingly militarized. Combat fatigued veterans, hardened by the realities of war, are returning from abroad and joining the ranks of the police. As police departments become increasingly corrupt, it becomes more difficult for them to recruit and retain decent people to wear their uniforms.

The reckless use of tasers among police is an increasing concern. They can be deadly to healthy people and they are clearly dangerous to the health of anyone or who has heart problems. But, on a whim the police will taser children, the elderly, pregnant women and anyone else. Young, healthy, vibrant men have died after being tasered by police.

What are your thoughts on Police Brutality and what can we do to stop it?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GVR4wTPsHYk < video of homeless man getting beaten and tasered to death for doing absolutely nothing wrong.
    Last edited by mmoc18049c7cff; 2012-07-22 at 07:45 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Do you have any evidence of this supposed increase in Police Brutality?

allow me to quote Jim Carrey ''STOP BREAKING THE LAW ASSHOLE''

Liar Liar, great movie.

also, just because the media reports on a few cases here and there doesn't mean it is an increase of the usual numbers.

police aren't stupid and don't wanna be investigated by Internal Affairs, it just looks like more is happening when it is NOT true. does police brutality happen? yes, as often as you think? no, not even a little.
    Last edited by Ozzy1346; 2012-07-22 at 07:18 PM.
    ''If MMORPG players were around when God said, "Let their be light" they'd have called the light gay, and plunged the universe back into darkness by squatting their nutsacks over it.'' Quoted from-

15+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ailozh View Post
    Since the attack on September 11, 2001 there has been an increase in police brutality across the United States. Police departments are becoming increasingly militarized. Combat fatigued veterans, hardened by the realities of war, are returning from abroad and joining the ranks of the police. As police departments become increasingly corrupt, it becomes more difficult for them to recruit and retain decent people to wear their uniforms.

The reckless use of tasers among police is an increasing concern. They can be deadly to healthy people and they are clearly dangerous to the health of anyone or who has heart problems. But, on a whim the police will taser children, the elderly, pregnant women and anyone else. Young, healthy, vibrant men have died after being tasered by police.

What are your thoughts on Police Brutality and what can we do to stop it?
    Young healthy Vibrant men have? Who? Have you ever been tasered? Have you been trained on tasers or how they affect the body? I suggest you read up before posting nonsense.

10+ Year Old Account
    Find me five instances in the last year alone about police officers using thier taser for no aparent reason and I MIGHT come back and talk to you like your not completely ignorant...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vindicatorx View Post
    Young healthy Vibrant men have? Who? Have you ever been tasered? Have you been trained on tasers or how they affect the body? I suggest you read up before posting nonsense.
    He's part of the "Police are all corrupt derp!" crowd. You should expect widely inaccurate judgements and claims from him.

Sounds like a great blurb for a new novel. Got anything to indicate this is anything more than pure fiction?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozzy1346 View Post
    allow me to quote Jim Carrey ''STOP BREAKING THE LAW ASSHOLE''

Liar Liar, great movie.
    well true, but it should be like this: broke the law, got arrested, brought to court, sentenced
    and not: broke the law, tasered to death

yeah exaggerated, and no not every police officer does this, still police brutality happenes and should be stopped
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

15+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by The EagleOwl Mage View Post
    He's part of the "Police are all corrupt derp!" crowd. You should expect widely inaccurate judgements and claims from him.
    Love his added biased poll as well, the thread needs locked already.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you are going to make statements like that, you need to back them up with something. Not going to take your word for it.

you think autorities are bad right now?

you should have seen it during the dark ages. now that was police brutality

(though they weren't really called "policemen" back than)
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by vindicatorx View Post
    Love his added biased poll as well, the thread needs locked already.
    idk about you but i voted medals.
    ''If MMORPG players were around when God said, "Let their be light" they'd have called the light gay, and plunged the universe back into darkness by squatting their nutsacks over it.'' Quoted from-

The problem isn't so much a "rise" of police brutality but the tolerance of it. In the cases that do happen, the department generally does very little to punish the officer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fRl27r3iZo8

warning: kinda violent video
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

idk about you but i voted medals.
    That's just wrong... and hilarious
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Baracuda View Post
    That's just wrong... and hilarious
    If he's going to make a stupid poll I'm going to vote stupidly!

Quote Originally Posted by The EagleOwl Mage View Post
    If he's going to make a stupid poll I'm going to vote stupidly!
    This, combat trolling with trolling. it totally works >.>

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    well true, but it should be like this: broke the law, got arrested, brought to court, sentenced
    and not: broke the law, tasered to death
    yeah exaggerated, and no not every police officer does this, still police brutality happenes and should be stopped
    Half right and half wrong.
    Should be: Broke the law, got arrested, sentenced
    Instead of: Broke the law, resist arrest, get tasered, die.

10+ Year Old Account
    This, combat trolling with trolling. it totally works >.>
    I did my part and voted medals.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kissme View Post
    The problem comes when bad players expect to clear hardmode content as quickly as average or upper echelon players.
    Accept your limitations.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    Admittedly, I enjoy beer more as a beverage that I can appreciate rather then getting drunk.

Deleted
    The amount of police lovers who think police are above all and everything else is sickening. What would you say if a police officer brutally beat up one of your family members? Still praise them as gods?