10+ Year Old Account

"Appear as" option in GW2. How does it work?

As the title states, "Appear as" option in GW2. How does it work?

There are 3 options: Online, Away and Invisible.

If you are invisible, can you still run into someone you know in Tyria? Will they see you?

Deleted
    I was hoping for a "Grizzly Bear" option.

Honestly, I dont know. I assume it'd just be that on your friends list, or whatever. I think it'd be a bit much to "remove" you from the world entirely.

Deleted
    It´s just a status thing in your friends list, so yes people can still see you runing around

Yes, people still see you, it's just an option for the friends/guild list.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    Yeah, Rhandric is right, as usual.

10+ Year Old Account
    So glad they're adding this. My biggest peeve on WoW is that I can't appear offline when I just don't want to be hassled by people.

Assuming they are using the same solution as in GW1, the status you use is for friends list purpose only.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Treeskee View Post
    So glad they're adding this. My biggest peeve on WoW is that I can't appear offline when I just don't want to be hassled by people.
    Agreed on all counts. I tried to suggest on the WoW forums once to have "Invisible" added to RealID, but I got mauled by a swarm of angry manbearpigs.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    If it works like Guild Wars 1, you do not appear in friend lists, guild lists and if someone tries to whisper you, they get a "that player is offline" message.

Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    Agreed on all counts. I tried to suggest on the WoW forums once to have "Invisible" added to RealID, but I got mauled by a swarm of angry manbearpigs.
    Indeed. @_@