I've come back, but not sure how to get raid ready

I've recently come back to Rift (still not sure what made me leave in the first place) and finished leveling to 50.

I play a rogue tank, and I'm trying to get my gear set to get into raids, but I'm kind of at a loss as to where to go.

Everything that I can see that is an upgrade just seems like it will take forever to get. I've got 2 pieces of the upgraded dungeon gear for the simple synergy crystal, and a few drops/crafted pieces (though not the best ones).

Right now though, the only options I can really find is figuring out some way to get a lot of plat for the good crafted pieces (buying any one of which right now would bankrupt me) and/or getting my 3 marks a day and taking forever to get the first level raid gear (and crystal).

Am I missing something here, or does it simply take that long?
    Nifsara - BASTARD i shot my hotpocket! Now what am i gonna have for lunch?

Yep it does take that long. It will haunt your nightmares!

Quote Originally Posted by Aldurok View Post
    I've recently come back to Rift (still not sure what made me leave in the first place) and finished leveling to 50.

I play a rogue tank, and I'm trying to get my gear set to get into raids, but I'm kind of at a loss as to where to go.

Everything that I can see that is an upgrade just seems like it will take forever to get. I've got 2 pieces of the upgraded dungeon gear for the simple synergy crystal, and a few drops/crafted pieces (though not the best ones).

Right now though, the only options I can really find is figuring out some way to get a lot of plat for the good crafted pieces (buying any one of which right now would bankrupt me) and/or getting my 3 marks a day and taking forever to get the first level raid gear (and crystal).

Am I missing something here, or does it simply take that long?
    Honestly I would just spam dungeons until you have all the Plaques you need to get the best Plaque gear. Use your daily rewards to get the Mark of Achievements.

Get to 200 hit any way that you can and start running T1 raids (GSB, RoS, DH, GP). These should be easily puggable and will get you on the road to much better gear. Possibly learn a Bard spec, as Bards are not expected to do much except buff and debuff and their gear has less of an impact on their performance than any other spec. You might find it helps you get into raids.

Make sure that you attend every zone invasion in IPP, Shimmer, Stillmoor, and Ember Isle. You need to grab lots of Inscribed Sourcestone to buy the best Essences, and possibly even gear if you get enough.

Good luck!

Wow, quick responses, thanks.

Guess there really isn't much I can do except try to get a few more +hit and see if I can pug in some raids.

Problem is, guild I've joined is a lot of newer people like myself who are looking to get started on raiding, so if I pug the raids I won't be able to join for the "progression" (it's still progression for us!) raids.

I've always thought the fresh max-level gearing was one of the most fun parts of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Aldurok View Post
    Wow, quick responses, thanks.

Guess there really isn't much I can do except try to get a few more +hit and see if I can pug in some raids.

Problem is, guild I've joined is a lot of newer people like myself who are looking to get started on raiding, so if I pug the raids I won't be able to join for the "progression" (it's still progression for us!) raids.
    There are two ways. The long way and the short way. The long way is to get your "raid tier 1" via Inscribed sourcestones. Thats less stressful but much longer as you need to farm a ton of inscribed.

The other way is to gear up via experts. This tends to be faster but more annoying. Alot of people are pugging raids now so once you get enough to 200 hit, you can easily hop into doing 10 and 20 man raids and gear up for HK very quickly. After a bit of time doing tier 2 raid rifts, ROTP and HK you will be ready for ID. It takes some time but no worse than WoW. And you yes you can buy the gear as well.

Grind sourcestone or grind dungeons. Jump in some 10mans/MMs when possible. Maybe save up money by grinding for a few crafted purples.

Same as most tiered progression MMOs.

As a rogue tank it will make u wanna /wrist. I was able to get my chloro raid ready in like 2 days from buying epics off AH to get hit capped for tier 1 raids then filled in rest with PvP gear and was able to do just fine once I found healing 5 mans was a joke I guess that meant it was time to start raiding.

Ya, looking like I just need to grind the dungeons more, which I don't mind. Last few dungeons I've gotten haven't dropped any upgrades for me, so I wasn't sure if I was just getting unlucky or if my gear was already out of 'em.

Just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing any in-between step there, so thanks.

The tier1 20man raids really arent that scary. Once you get the expert dungeon gear, buy some hit/focus runes to help you hit the min reqs for them and, once you've hit those numbers, read up on the basics of the fights or have voice client. The weekly quests keep people going back, and it'll help introduce you to the people and guilds that get things done on your server.

10+ Year Old Account
    The easiest way for you to get geared up imo seeing that ur a rogue is to try and get into some pugs for t1 raids as a bard that is what i did . Not that many people like to play the bard role and there is (form my xp) always room for a bard. The only problem is if you join a guild that will drag u through all this content to get geared up they may want you to stay on as a bard full time which is what happened in my case, and until 1.8 dropped i wanted to dps till i saw

http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gene...rd-weapon.html

3rd post from the top

"I saw Karine's Songblade on one of the devs on the PTS. If I remember right it has a proc which buffs the raid's AP and SP whenever Coda of Restoration is used."
    /end quote

Quote Originally Posted by Weiland View Post
    http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gene...rd-weapon.html

3rd post from the top

I saw Karine's Songblade on one of the devs on the PTS. If I remember right it has a proc which buffs the raid's AP and SP whenever Coda of Restoration is used.
    When I get home in a few hours I will check for you. My rogue ninja'd all the relic sets from the vendor when it was available

10+ Year Old Account
    I myself have stumbled upon the long gearing process the past couple of days. I've been using my Inscribed Sourcestones to buy essences (one of the top 3 BiS essences for mages is currently not available anymore due to being a purchase from an event vendor, but I think the event has passed) recently and damn, that is a lot of Inscribed grind. >.<

I am thinking of crafting myself some gear, but I'm at a lost as to what augment to use. The Internet says Flawless Etherialite (pure int) but the auction house on my shard sells those for about 10 times less the price than the Shimmering Naga Scales. I couldn't find an answer as to why the int/sp one is so much more expensive...

Quote Originally Posted by Adelle View Post
    I myself have stumbled upon the long gearing process the past couple of days. I've been using my Inscribed Sourcestones to buy essences (one of the top 3 BiS essences for mages is currently not available anymore due to being a purchase from an event vendor, but I think the event has passed) recently and damn, that is a lot of Inscribed grind. >.<

I am thinking of crafting myself some gear, but I'm at a lost as to what augment to use. The Internet says Flawless Etherialite (pure int) but the auction house on my shard sells those for about 10 times less the price than the Shimmering Naga Scales. I couldn't find an answer as to why the int/sp one is so much more expensive...
    Its because Naga Scale > Etherialite, its more spell power, mages go for max spell power.

Also its very expensive cause of the new seals, everyone should be adding one on their seal, hence the insane cost..its the same with Dex/AP, Stre/AP, Wis/SP ones ;D

10+ Year Old Account
    The seals I see on our AH for ! 550p ! >.< are "Clever" though, not "Cunning". Was reading a topic on the Rift forums "Clever or Cunning" where people concluded clever gives more SP than the cunning one + some extra crit. Anyways the topic is from november and there might've been changes of which I don't know. Also being a newbie I don't really know the exact stats the augments provide for different slots of crafted gear.

Edit: Read as well that Trion has buffed the single stat augments back before november last year.

Edit2: Continuing with my read it seems the Naga scales are indeed best.
    Last edited by Adelle; 2012-04-25 at 01:44 PM. Reason: Spellcheck