Poll: Anyone think the game is good?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

10+ Year Old Account

Realm of the Mad God....

Game is all risk no reward. Played it for about 2 hours but that is not very long, but long enough to get a taste of a game and get a first impression. Leveled to 17 just running around the forest solo, discovering new monsters that looked awesome but only dropped a mana potion, or a gateway to a Pirate Cove, another area that yielded nothing of interest past level 6. Where is the good gear at in this game? Is there any at all? I have run around and killed some of the ?global? mobs that the mad god rambles about in hopes to find something worth my walk and time but you just get garbage or nothing at all. Whats everyone take on the game?

10+ Year Old Account
    it's a game that rewards time spent, the longer you stray into the forest, the bigger mobs you find, and the better loot you end up with, and the "all risk, no reward" thing is absurd, you can either play safely, experience no risk and get no rewards, or you can get into the forest, get lots of nice loot but have a chance of being horribly owned by mobs. anyways, just my take on it.

I've gotten into it very recently and I have to say, it can be a lot of fun. Others may feel differently but its a game I couldn't see myself getting to solo, but rolling around with a few friends and teleporting all around the map can be fun. Got Warrior and Knight to 20 once each, but it can be very easy to die or very long to level if you play it safe.

Deleted
    It's a nice timekiller with a couple of friends, adn I believe it's not so much about loot, but, I have to ask you, how did you manage to get to 17 without a piece of gear dropping? It's like... A really really small chance of that happening o.o

Games like those always keeps me busy when I'm bored. : P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Random Guy View Post
    It's a nice timekiller with a couple of friends, adn I believe it's not so much about loot, but, I have to ask you, how did you manage to get to 17 without a piece of gear dropping? It's like... A really really small chance of that happening o.o
    I got to level 17 using a staff and my special move tome that I got both around level 5-9. Ring was nothing special and neither was my robe. Have seen like 1 purple loot bag drop once.

@Mehman I did stay in the forest, I eventually was killed by Night Elf Veteran or something like that, got kinda overwhelmed. I'm wondering where events are and stuff. Pirate coves and Ents 4Lyfe.

The rewards are just like many other RPG's: Better gear.

Just venture deeper into the areas (towards the middle of the island, when you look at the map). As you approach the middle, mobs will constantly become tougher and will drop better gear.

Edit: in the map you can also see if there are large groups of players concentrated around an area, that usually means they are doing an "EXP TRAIN" (running around as a group, destroying everything in their path). That's a quick, fun way to level up and get some nice shinies. Just click on one of the players (green dots i think) in the map and teleport to them.
    Last edited by Howard Moon; 2012-04-02 at 10:21 AM.
    My Gaming Setup | WoW Paladin (retired)

"This is not a dress. This is a sacred robe of the ancient psychedelic monks."

I am Murloc!
    15+ Year Old Account
    I find it entertaining enough to occupy some of my time while I'm at work and bored or have nothing to do. Running trains is pretty fun.

It isn't anything I would ever play while at home when I have my other games, but it is entertaining enough.

10+ Year Old Account
    In your fish aquarium eating your fish flakes. NOM NOM
    I just started playing it last night and its a pretty nice timekiller. Im just after something to do until d3 comes out *recent convert to diablo 3*
    Torchlight II Vanilla Player
    Looking for a vanilla only group?

http://forums.runicgames.com/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=40739

Pretty fun game, though I must not play it too long to avoid irritation.
    Walking around killing stuff. Ah, goes pretty good when suddenly instadeath... You almost never go down slowly and then die because you didn't pay attention to your health, when you die it's always instagib :P