Poll: Mario or Sonic?

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    sonic for me , mario feels just to slow and in sonic you speed thru levels like mad which was the most fun for me (only talkin about the old games since i stoped havin a console after dreamcast)

Sonic and the black knight, sonic unleashed, Shadow the Hedgehog(cmon sonic as a shooter?), most of the racing games were all god awful.
    Sonic colors and generations are the most decent recent titles

It is harder to think of bad Mario games because so many of his games are classics. When nintendo has full control of a title it usually doesnt do bad.

Is better than both.

WTB more series with him in it
    Bow down before our new furry overlords!

10+ Year Old Account
    I personally think most of the new 3D Sonic games are horendous. But Sonic Colors and Sonic 4 are definately a step back in the right direction. What they need now is another sequel to Sonic Adventure =]
    I cried alone every single night. It felt like every day that passed here stole another piece of my real life away. After i cried, I’d go and fight as hard as I could. My only thought was winning, moving forward, and getting stronger. — Asuna Yuuki

The last great Sonic game was Super Smash Brothers. Before that? Sonic and Knuckles.

Yah.
    Quote Originally Posted by checking facts View Post
    it's pretty hard to find a good girl in the sea of whores that is my country, brazil.

Quote Originally Posted by Coolguy21 View Post
    instead of re-using the same boss over and over and over and over and OVER AND OVER AND... *clears throat* sorry.
    Dr. Robotnik.

---------- Post added 2012-04-24 at 11:30 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by willowe View Post
    As for games themselves, Mario was boring. No special stages, and the only 'alt' mode was a re-creation of the original Donkey Kong. No multiplayer mode. Remember Sonic 2 had those 'speed trial races' where you could race Tails thru a course?!
    Uhm. What? No multi player modes? Have you ever even played a Mario game in your life? Not even counting Mario Kart/Mario Party/Mario sports games when I say this either.
    Last edited by Digglett; 2012-04-25 at 03:32 AM.

Sonic, because he GOTTA GO FAST

Quote Originally Posted by Mionelol View Post
    Depends. Can any of them survive if thrown in the sun ?
    They can't even blow up planets.

It depends which one can move faster than thought. Sonic or Mario with a super star?

Deleted
    Never really been a Mario fan (Ducks for cover) so going to go with Sonic. also found Sonic games much more fun than the few mario games I have played. Mario has been whored out so much over so many games as a marketing tool that he lost his appeal to me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sonic. Mario doesn't really have much of a character, he just is. That said, I've moved on past both at the moment.

I was on neither side during my youth having a mega drive in one hand and a gameboy in the other and playing parts of both.

Sonic actually has a character, whether he's put out shit games, (I've forgiven, very recently, Sonic Colors and Generations were a basket of fun) or entertaining cartoons and comics (I had the British comics as a child and I'm still of the opinion they're very good.).
    Mario just kinda ...exists. Nintendo are really bloody overly careful after the 80's about giving their characters some form of personality. Pit is the first one in a decade I've really cracked a smile at, It was so refreshing to have a character from them be talking, cheesy, fun to listen to, and have some hint of character traits (love of hot springs, quirks even if it is mercilessly breaking the 4th wall).
    Link, Mario, Samus and Kirby have kind of come off badly in that regard. Anyway going off on a tangent.

I have no hang ups on either character. Sonic is the better character. His fans just tend to ruin it for everyone. So just try to keep an unbiased opinion and push that particualar aspect of the equation to one side.
    I have eaten all the popcorn, I left none for anyone else.

Back in SNES/Megadrive era, Sonic beat Mario hands down. Now sonic games are crap. Too many characters, stories that don't make sense, changing Robotnik which is a cool name to Eggman which is just stupid.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Mario saves princesses and Sonic saves....woodland creatures?

You ever wonder why Mario is so happy go lucky and sonic is serious?

Mario FTW

10+ Year Old Account
    Mario will just bounce off the surface yelling "Owowowoww"

Anyways, I'd go with Mario. Pretty much any game with the word "Mario" and "64" in it is a classic, and most of his GC and Wii games are good too.

10+ Year Old Account

One of my personal fav's!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vulpei View Post
    Back in SNES/Megadrive era, Sonic beat Mario hands down. Now sonic games are crap. Too many characters, stories that don't make sense, changing Robotnik which is a cool name to Eggman which is just stupid.
    Not to be nit picky, but they didn't technically change his name. Robotnik was the original, but he was destroyed... Eggman is robotnik's clone/other self from another dimension.

Grunt
    10+ Year Old Account
    Has to be Mario for me. Grew up playing Mario games and always play the newest ones once there released.

Mario 64> any sonic game ever made.

I always loved Sonic games, and I've always been a sega fan. But honestly if we are talking which is a better character, Mario handdown, not even close. Mario has universal recognition you can take a picture of Mario to just about anywhere and people of all ages will know who he is. The can't be said about Sonic. Also Sonic games were fun but Sonic himself seemed very shallow to me. Maybe it was because he was a WTF blue hedgehog.