Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Did I make a mistake going empire?

So far I like playing my Sorcerer, up to 27 so far, and like the story. But Im on Warzone #12 tonight and still havent finished the daily win.
    This is on Jung Ma. Should I have rolled Republic instead? I seriously dont wanna be playing Alliance all over again. Every time is like 6 shadows its starting to get old.
    Last edited by Alilei32; 2012-04-25 at 05:09 AM.

What server are you on? I'm on Lord Adraas and 10-49, Empire gets slaughtered in pvp (at least when I'm on), but at 50 we dominate Republic.

its gonna be hard to judge any pvp while leveling you will just have to hit max level and find out and with how legacy is it will be easy to re roll to a pub on the same server if the empire is bad
    IM GONNA PUNCH THAT DRAGON IN THE FACE!

Quote Originally Posted by xrobar View Post
    its gonna be hard to judge any pvp while leveling you will just have to hit max level and find out and with how legacy is it will be easy to re roll to a pub on the same server if the empire is bad
    Is it really that much different at 50? Seems like it would be worse since it will just be premades curbing us in every match. Also what is legacy and how would that affect rerolling?

Also my server is Jung Ma.
    Last edited by Alilei32; 2012-04-25 at 05:24 AM.

Thats a weird question.
    The classes are mirrored, they are exactly the same, no side has advantages. the rest is dependend on the players so it really depends on the server. on your server republic seems to dominate low level pvp. if thats a reason to reroll or face the challenge is your own decision.

the only mistake you'll make is going republic... 12/1 emps vs repubs on Crucible pits for my wargames.. even when i play hutball vs my emp brothers i usually win too.

10+ Year Old Account
    The force is weak with this one.

All kidding aside. Its just a matter of which side you like being on. There is no distinct difference other than 'light' and 'dark' other than the population imbalances.

Yes you did. It's a terribly cliche faction, I play trooper and jedi knight and all my empire alts seem dull. Anyway, opinion is opinion.

Its a personal choice i guess. With the 'simulation' warzones now the variety of warzones aint an issue anymore so its up to you , what do YOU prefer to play. You can always make alts to reps or imps and explore the planets, diff quest hubs etc.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Alilei32 View Post
    So far I like playing my Sorcerer, up to 27 so far, and like the story. But Im on Warzone #12 tonight and still havent finished the daily win.
    This is on Jung Ma. Should I have rolled Republic instead? I seriously dont wanna be playing Alliance all over again. Every time is like 6 shadows its starting to get old.
    Well it all depends on levels on participants in warzones, and how many healers your team or other team has.
    I have both republic and empire chars and it all comes out to that in the end. It's fun with alts in this game so try a republic as well if you like. To me it's also about experience the stories on different sides, and sure... empire got a bit more epicness in their stories unfortunately

After losing 16 in a row I finally went up against a Republic team that was a lot worse than us....then I noticed they were also Empire

Deleted
    On my server (and judging from the forums - on every server) players on both factions cry. Repeat after me - success is not faction related. It is player related.

I started off as a BH and got to level 43 along with many alts. I switched to the Republic side to see how it was and I enjoyed it much more, so it's up to you. I personally enjoy the Republic. PvP and things like that don't really factor into it for me. Story and playing the good guy are what I enjoy.
    Sith Juggernaught - Stealwool "The Great"
    8723 Endurance - 8123 Strength - No Buffs!
    Sabotage #1 US & EU
    Krayt Dragon - World First NM - 10/10
    <Ultra Uber> - Full Heroic Mode clear - Easymode
    Shamahaiera - 85 Shaman - 3500 Arena Rating

10+ Year Old Account
    Plain and simple......
    The grass is always greener on the other side.

10+ Year Old Account
    When I still played, I felt the same way. Unless I was healing on my sorc, I felt that the emp side NEVER did well savor a few games (sometimes healing wasn't enough, especially if my friends weren't there to watch my back). I rerolled to the Republic side and lost very few games. As I don't know how balanced winning/losing is at 50, I'd suggest looking on your server forums to find out and go from there on your decision to stick it out or reroll.

I am Murloc!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alilei32 View Post
    I understand why people draw the parallels between the Republic and the Alliance from WoW, but it isn't really transferable or accurate. First off, faction means nothing in terms of your good/bad alignment. You do that yourself. Secondly, the Republic more closely mirrors the early Horde from WoW, ignoring supposed good/bad alignment. The side is underpopulated, not all that popular and not as attractive to the masses.

Given the propensity of people to go for the "bad" side these days because it is "cooler," such factions always end up overpopulated at launch while the "good" side is underpopulated. Just take a look at the initial population imbalances in Aion, Rift and likely the soon-to-be-released Terra.

What you are likely seeing at lower levels as a Empire play is a diluted skill base due to the larger number of players and the overall attraction of that faction to the masses. That doesn't mean that you did the wrong thing or that you should go roll Republic though. Frankly, little of what happens below 50 matters in the grand scheme of things.

10+ Year Old Account
    I started as Republic but then I found out a friend played Empire on a different server... I still can't get around to it how much I hate the Empire... Maybe it's just because the Sith go against my entire moral value in real life.
    Hey everyone

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    The leveling pvp game (10-49) varies quite a bit from server to server, time of day you play, and can even change from week to week depending on the skill level of those joining games. I would not base the end game pvp experience (level 50) on what you see while leveling. The best bet as to whether you will enjoy pvp with your current faction and server would be to talk to a number of max level pvpers on your server and see what their experience is. Be sure to ask during the time periods you normally play, as different players log on and off the quality of the experience for your faction may change over a certain time period (Imps may win more between 7 & 10 pm, but after 10 pm the pubs may begin to win more more, as an example).

Murphy's Law states that whichever side you're on will be the losing side. If you reroll Republic, then Imperial will win all teh games.
    Humans are the only species on the planet smart enough to be this stupid.

15+ Year Old Account
    the problem i found on Bondar crystal is that repub or empire there are just terrible people playing in the low level bracket