Guild Wars 2 cinematic general discussion

What do you think? Will ArenaNet make a statement to the world with an amazing, original CGI cinematic for the game, or go with the artsy-fartsy/general random combat decent quality cinematic just for the sake of it?

I think GW2 is great, if they had a cinematic in store to impress the world with I think that would really make a statement. I think cinematics always make a statement, even if the game itself isn't that great. (once again, GW2 is already great even without one)

10+ Year Old Account
    First person to mention SWTOR gets stabbed to death with a cookie...

Cinematics like in TOR or WoW?

I very much doubt they will have one. It will be something like what they have used for their race and character introductions.

---------- Post added 2012-04-26 at 12:12 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Mif View Post
    Bring it

Well, since Doozer got stabbed, I might as well add my two cents to the topic. I think OP's talking about an intro cinematic, similar to WOTLK's intro, in which case I'm not sure if they will. Would certainly be cool to have a longer cinematic in GW2's art style, but I wouldn't say it's necessary.

You ask for more? Then come, traveler, to the Whispering Deep, where only the mad walk.
    Raid Idea: The Whispering Deep and Ny'alotha

Quote Originally Posted by Ihnasir View Post
    Umbra - you are a god.

Deleted
    You just did... /stab?

And to the topic, i think they should do their own thing, that is what makes Anet unique

I hope to god they do. I love cinematics. I'd probably die from excitement if GW2 released one.

Quote Originally Posted by Larynx View Post
    I hope to god they do. I love cinematics. I'd probably die from excitement if GW2 released one.
    QFA

quoted for agreement

I thought the GW1 cinematics were pretty good.

The Factions cinematic blew me away at the time, even today it's great to watch. That's the kind of thing I'm talking about, but something to say "This is Guild Wars!".

Deleted
    Angry Asura wield sharp cookies? *fear*

Also, I'd quite like a cinematic... I'd also like a gameplay sorta introduction trailer because I think they should show off the game, and because the whole adverts with 'THIS IS NOT INGAME FOOTAGE' tends to get on my nerves.
    CGI cinematics are pretty though, and yeah. Can't say I wouldn't like MORE pretty stuff from Anet.

Well in general I love watching good cinematics. So if Arenanet decided to make one then I'd be excited to watch it. My all time favorite one is from a game called Warhammer: Mark of Chaos.

My all time favorite is the smuggler cinematic in SWTOR.

/dodge

I hope they do but if they don't it will not change how I feel about this awesome game.

One of my favorite cinematics is Warhammer Online.

"Chaos boils in my veins."

I personally agree. All TOR cinematics told a great short story mixed with superbly animated combat scenes. They felt like PURE Star Wars.

Blizzard Warcraft cinematics feel like Warcraft, Starcraft feel like Starcraft, Warhammer like Warhammer etc. You can't confound them with something else.

10+ Year Old Account
    I really hope they do. For the record I want one like Blizzard usually does with WoW's expansions n such, I think that would be badass to the max.

That sounds both delicious and terrifying.

Honestly I'm not really expecting one, and if there is something it will be in the same artistic style they've done all the others. Gotta show off that awesome artwork from Kekai Kotaki and Daniel Dociu. C'mon, that last one they used for all the conventions was pretty damn awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by ElvenArcher View Post
    I personally agree. All TOR cinematics told a great short story mixed with superbly animated combat scenes. They felt like PURE Star Wars.
    Yeah, a shame the game itself doesn't hold a candle to the awesome cinematics.

Do I still get stabbed by a cookie for alluding to it but not mentioning it directly? Maybe just throw a chocolate chip at me?
    Last edited by Drakhar; 2012-04-26 at 06:51 PM.

If it's going to be a fully blown-out cinematic, I really do hope they give each class a moment to shine like WHO did.
    I'm still thinking about it...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ElvenArcher View Post
    What do you think? Will ArenaNet make a statement to the world with an amazing, original CGI cinematic for the game, or go with the artsy-fartsy/general random combat decent quality cinematic just for the sake of it?

I think GW2 is great, if they had a cinematic in store to impress the world with I think that would really make a statement. I think cinematics always make a statement, even if the game itself isn't that great. (once again, GW2 is already great even without one)
    Making cinematics like those costs money. And seeing as how ArenaNet can make good cinematics like the race intro's, I don't think they need anything else.

10+ Year Old Account
    While on the cinematics topic i might add while alot of things about WoW is hated by some, blizzard made some fantastic cinematics :P
    |Asus Sabertooth 990FX|AMD Phenom II 1090T 4.2Ghz x6|XFX R7970 Black Edition|Kingston HyperX 1600Mhz 8gb|Corsair H60 Liquid Cooling|