Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account

please analyze this combat rogue log

Hello guys,

I would like to ask some experienced rogues to analyze this log (ofc the rogue inside), our raid leader is pushing him and telling that his dps is very low, compared to his gear (404 ilvl, with legendary daggers). I would like to ask your opinion, and pls give suggestions if u have any.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=4281&e=4534

Thanks

Go to buff details, look at Slice and Dice. Found your problem.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Dayum that SnD up time is HORRID, Fix that first.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Thank you guys, I had no idea what to check in rogue logs, but the raid leader asked me to check our log, to see whats wrong with that guildie. Gonna fix it with him, thanks again

Well, also keep in mind that a combat log for Ultraxion done by anyone but the rogue could have inaccuracies in exactly buff uptimes because of Heroic Will forcing you out of the Twilight Realm and the Rogue staying in the Twilight Realm for 2+ Hour of Twilight casts. Still, it shouldn't be off by that much.

I'm just saying while Slice and Dice uptime is certainly lower than it should be, it's probably not as low as it looks here.

I wish that World of Logs site would vanish so people could stop playing WoW outside of WoW, and play the good old fashioned way of knowing what the hell to do on your own.
    "It's clear this is another bash Apple thread. Such things are not conducive to a good discussion."

WRONG! Those are the BEST discussions!

I wish that everybody knew what to do on their own so that logging wasn't necessary to see what people are doing wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Maelstrom51 View Post
    I wish that everybody knew what to do on their own so that logging wasn't necessary to see what people are doing wrong.
    I wish that wasn't important, and that "skill" meant something different from "keep this buff up".
    Seriously, SnD is a boring mechanic imho.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kavoo View Post
    Well I do have a penis attached to me as well but I dont know 'a lot' about it, I dont even know how it tastes. Maybe you do.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lycoris View Post
    Everyone who does not miss Vanilla has no heart. Whoever wishes it back has no brain.

Quote Originally Posted by Senka View Post
    Well, also keep in mind that a combat log for Ultraxion done by anyone but the rogue could have inaccuracies in exactly buff uptimes because of Heroic Will forcing you out of the Twilight Realm and the Rogue staying in the Twilight Realm for 2+ Hour of Twilight casts. Still, it shouldn't be off by that much.

I'm just saying while Slice and Dice uptime is certainly lower than it should be, it's probably not as low as it looks here.
    Yep, this happens to my logs as well. On top of that, my damage is always 2k+ lower on the WoL vs what it actually was due to who was taking the logs.

Evaluating dps this tier is sort of messy, because ultraxion is the most "patchwerk-like" of the fights, but the logs are inaccurate.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Senka View Post

This isnt that relevant though. The difference is in the margin of 0.1% (just compare other buffs and 'active time'). So even assuming a generous 0.3 difference his SnD uptime would be a flat 70%. That's really really bad

---------- Post added 2012-04-26 at 11:16 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Squishychunk View Post
    Yep, this happens to my logs as well. On top of that, my damage is always 2k+ lower on the WoL vs what it actually was due to who was taking the logs.

Evaluating dps this tier is sort of messy, because ultraxion is the most "patchwerk-like" of the fights, but the logs are inaccurate.
    Again, people seem to be confused with the way logs are recorded. If youre getting a 2k+ dps difference then youre out of the shadow realm for way too long (or the person recording it is out for way too long, just check the active time of whoever recorded it and youll see who's messing up). The only thing that matters is the difference in damage done - and from my own experiences this differs so extremely little, to the point where it's trivial. Saying that you lose 2k dps is just saying that 'dont count my the time lost when I wasnt attacking' <.<

Quote Originally Posted by capitano666 View Post
    I wish that wasn't important, and that "skill" meant something different from "keep this buff up".
    I wasn't specifically talking about rogues, or this specific case. Logs are used all the time to figure out what people could be doing better.

Quote Originally Posted by Dainwork View Post
    This isnt that relevant though. The difference is in the margin of 0.1% (just compare other buffs and 'active time'). So even assuming a generous 0.3 difference his SnD uptime would be a flat 70%. That's really really bad

Again, people seem to be confused with the way logs are recorded. If youre getting a 2k+ dps difference then youre out of the shadow realm for way too long (or the person recording it is out for way too long, just check the active time of whoever recorded it and youll see who's messing up). The only thing that matters is the difference in damage done - and from my own experiences this differs so extremely little, to the point where it's trivial. Saying that you lose 2k dps is just saying that 'dont count my the time lost when I wasnt attacking' <.<
    If SnD is refreshed while the person logging it is in another realm, WoL won't register this and it'll show up as a big downtime on SnD. Though you are correct that unless you're doing something very wrong, there shouldn't be a 2k difference between the two.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by capitano666 View Post
    It may be boring however It isn't hard to keep it up and It's very important within all 3 specs mind you. This rogue within the Log is pretty bad =/

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    If u can add anything else, except SnD pls do it. Like the % dmg of each ability, dunno how it should look like.
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by -Alcatraz- View Post
    It may be boring however It isn't hard to keep it up and It's very important within all 3 specs mind you. This rogue within the Log is pretty bad =/
    I'm not arguing against that, just saying that a mecnahnic which is easy and recurrent imho is not "interesting", especially when it is mandatory like SnD is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kavoo View Post
    Well I do have a penis attached to me as well but I dont know 'a lot' about it, I dont even know how it tastes. Maybe you do.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lycoris View Post
    Everyone who does not miss Vanilla has no heart. Whoever wishes it back has no brain.

Quote Originally Posted by SynergySin View Post

Go to buff details, look at Slice and Dice. Found your problem.
    LOL, a guy like that has legendaries and i'm still stuck at 1st stage due to random bull**** - i mean, this is failing at the basics.

EDIT: sorry for nerdrage, but the problem here is that really he doesn't know how to play his class. A guide for him is in my sig.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Deleted
    Any logs from a boss that isn't Ultraxion?
    I absolutely refuse to take these logs seriously. When my raid leader records a log I get results just like this person, yet when I log them myself I have a 98%+ uptime on Slice and Dice and about 5k DPS more. Neither of us know where things go wrong but the difference between me recording and him recording is absolutely massive.

EDIT:
    Looking at the other boss fights from that day, I do have the feeling he's missing something. His Slice and Dice uptime can be somewhat improved but I don't think that is the main problem.
    Last edited by mmoc973e6c390d; 2012-04-26 at 02:08 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bovan View Post
    Any logs from a boss that isn't Ultraxion?
    I absolutely refuse to take these logs seriously. When my raid leader records a log I get results just like this person, yet when I log them myself I have a 98%+ uptime on Slice and Dice and about 5k DPS more. Neither of us know where things go wrong but the difference between me recording and him recording is absolutely massive.

EDIT:
    Looking at the other boss fights from that day, I do have the feeling he's missing something. His Slice and Dice uptime can be somewhat improved but I don't think that is the main problem.
    I'm going to guess hes just bad and he has legendaries, Despite this is kinda of well mean It's the truth. How can you give this person legendaries with this performance =/? SnD is just ONE of those problems I'm sure there's an entire tree of whatever hes doing is also well not exactly the plan as well.

Deleted
    combo point analysis time!

124 SS, 26 RS, 12 seconds of FotD. that's 148 CP from SS, 26 from RS and (optimistically) 60 from FotD. that's 234 in total. he used 39 Evisc and cast SnD 5 times. that's 44 finishers. 44X5 is 220 (assuming he gets full 5 point finishers off every time). so that's 14 points unaccounted for.

as for the SnD uptime: he did mess it up tremendously. it isn't just a log issue. if you go to buffs gained, and then mark about a dozen buffs with a lot of applications or long durations (landslide, revealing strike, SotD, other such stuff), you will notice that there is effectively only a really short window where he theoretically could have refreshed SnD without the log noticing. however, that point is past the halfway mark already of SnD having dropped already. you'll see that right before that point, the logger captures every single SotD proc, but he doesn't catch 2 procs right after the second FotD proc (buff jumps directly from 1 to 4). it's my understanding that the logger didn't get those procs. coincidentally, this window syncs perfectly with the not logged window.

he also lets SnD fall off in between for short periods, which further leads me to believe he doesn't manage it properly.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    LOL, a guy like that has legendaries and i'm still stuck at 1st stage due to random bull**** - i mean, this is failing at the basics.

EDIT: sorry for nerdrage, but the problem here is that really he doesn't know how to play his class. A guide for him is in my sig.
    and exactly why is that bull**** , you should consider why you still on stage 1 and you didnt recived the daggers 1st(hint not good enough? or amaizingly op that the other rogues of your guild were in need of boost to keep up in dmg if u;re still on s1 and raid 25 i think 2 of them are ahead of you alrdy) before you trash that rogue , ofc his SnD is horrible but he came here for fix and you nerd cuz lifes not fair

Quote Originally Posted by Dainwork View Post

Hmmm my healer records the logs for ultraxion, could that make a difference? Otherwise I am sorry, but I don't really know what you mean. All I know is that there is a huge difference between what my meters show, and what the logs do.