Page 42 of 95 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I didn't mean to sound condescending and thank you for making these changes clear to me.

•Devastate additional damage increased by 2343%.
    •Shield Barrier now absorbs ((max(((AP * AP) * 186) / 10,000,000 + (47000% of AP / 100,002.5) * STA)) / 3) damage.
    •Shield Block no longer can be used twice within 15 sec.

where was these cause im sure devastate aint hitting for sh1t atm and shield barrier is only absorbing 9.3k and doesnt increase( well tooltip didnt) and i got 2 charges on shield block still aswell . Did all the other changes go throught but we got left again. as a tank really considering rerolling and thats not a good thing DKs druids are just totally out doing warriors atm.

Quote Originally Posted by Saevus.Reptile View Post
    You do realise that this ability activates at 20% right? If you get oneshot or killed at 30% it doesn't matter one bit. This really doesn't work.
    Please have a look at what abilities we have before commenting. Ok? U'll just do urself a favor, and u will actually contribute to the discussion.

---------- Post added 2012-07-29 at 01:47 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Crabby View Post
    Did all the other changes go throught but we got left again. as a tank really considering rerolling and thats not a good thing DKs druids are just totally out doing warriors atm.
    Monks are doing fairly well too, Stagger is just too strong. However, I do feel inclined to believe that blizz will buff warriors to some degree before release.

Deleted
    Im seriously beginning to look at monk tank or just go mainspec dps warrior and MAYBE offspec tank....

Sadly Juni we say this EVERY damn Xpac warriors have always been left behind and we always expect a small buff and well it never happens i did see thoose changes and thought YAY but it isnt on beta atm so god knows...
    and yeah i let a druid and monk tank the other day in 10 heroic and they hardly moved in health ( same as dks atm) and well i tanked it and i was spiking like crazy

Sadly Juni we say this EVERY damn Xpac warriors have always been left behind and we always expect a small buff and well it never happens i did see thoose changes and thought YAY but it isnt on beta atm so god knows...
    and yeah i let a druid and monk tank the other day in 10 heroic and they hardly moved in health ( same as dks atm) and well i tanked it and i was spiking like crazy
    I know, but here's to hoping. All we have atm, seeing how other tanks are doing sooo much better, i feel no reason to stick with my warr right now, atleast not for tanking. Pretty sure I'd be able to get the dps needed to be competitive after ALOT of practicing etc etc, but i see no reason when I can just roll a boomkin or another caster and rofl all the way to the top of the meters...

I feel abit negative and pessimistic atm, but there's no reason to be a happy warrior right now

---------- Post added 2012-07-29 at 02:29 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by santa666 View Post
    Im seriously beginning to look at monk tank or just go mainspec dps warrior and MAYBE offspec tank....
    Monk tanks are amazing, their dps is pretty decent for a melee, and the healing has been nerfed but is still top 3 healling class. Monks are looking rather good right now, rerolling one would probably be a good thing if ur guild isnt overrun by people going one.

Can we have some legit facts on why other tanks are "doing so much better" than Warriors? Not trying to troll but I've been trying to find some hardcore evidence of how tanks are stacking up in PVE content, so I know if i'm going with my Paladin, my Warrior, or if I'm manning up and rolling Monk, but I can't find anything concrete - it's all hearsay and the typical forum whining about how everyone else is OP. The Pallys say they're terrible, the Warriors say they're terrible (with some people saying they're great), the DKs you'll get either "way OP" or "total crap", same with Bears; Brewmaster is the only class that is "really good" and that's to be expected since its the new FOTM class at least for the time being, with everyone else you'll get two difference answers based on who you ask.

well DKS solo tanking heroic bosses and needing Virtually zero heals is one. Druids taking again virtually no damage on most fights. And monks Same as druids except they got a ton more Oh shit buttons aswell.

Warriors and Pallys are in about the same situation except pallys have a few more ass saving cds Anyone saying dks are low atm are lieing to keep em Top lol

Im not saying warriors are SHIT but u will need healers with brains in 10 man heroics i was taking Double the damage tot he druid some fights triple the damage

and Gaining Rage is ridiculously Slow Just so u can block an attack
    Last edited by Crabby; 2012-07-29 at 03:19 PM.

Anyone saying dks are low atm are lieing to keep em Top lol
    I have no idea how it looks mitigation wise for them but well the selfheal seemed sort of ridiculous during our raid tests.

Deleted
    Warriors are new enhance shamans

Quote Originally Posted by whoranzone View Post
    I have no idea how it looks mitigation wise for them but well the selfheal seemed sort of ridiculous during our raid tests.
    You should see the shitstorm of QQ over on the DK forums regarding blood. There isn't one single blood DK who isn't screaming like the sky is falling. Most of the QQ is just playstyle issues and the fact that there is a lot of down time, but blood does have legitimate issues. AoE tanking is simple not possible right now, and I do mean not possible. Blood AOE threat cannot outpace DPS AOE threat. Overall though, paladins, warriors and DKs are all complaining and claiming that they are "the worst" tank. The truth is probably somewhere in the middle, but the grass is always greener from the other side.

10+ Year Old Account
    Prot is the only spec that got improved in MoP. Shield Barrier was just the thing Prot needed to compete with the sustain of other tank specs. However, the mastery got gutted and parry/dodge is MUCH more desirable due to Revenge.

Fury got turned into a fucking mess. Mastery even more useless since only one ability procs Enrage. Flurry useless since it's completely random now.

Arms went into a time machine and brought nerfs with it.

Banner system was a flop. Completely tedious and uninteresting to use. Totems for Warriors *facepalm*

Stance system got trashed also. Berserker Stance still useless, now for all specs. They added back the ability for all specs to tank, then removed it again.

It's clear GC does not care for letting warriors do anything but be a situational tank that does subpar damage.

Warriors are still the only class without an actual CC.
    Last edited by ImpTaimer; 2012-07-29 at 05:52 PM.
    There are no bathrooms, only Zuul.

Quote Originally Posted by Skarssen View Post
    You should see the shitstorm of QQ over on the DK forums regarding blood. There isn't one single blood DK who isn't screaming like the sky is falling. Most of the QQ is just playstyle issues and the fact that there is a lot of down time, but blood does have legitimate issues. AoE tanking is simple not possible right now, and I do mean not possible. Blood AOE threat cannot outpace DPS AOE threat. Overall though, paladins, warriors and DKs are all complaining and claiming that they are "the worst" tank. The truth is probably somewhere in the middle, but the grass is always greener from the other side.
    AOEtanking i agree totally there pretty bad but tbh they never have been Overly great but single target ESP bosses there unstoppable ( that should be in old content only lol)But if AOE is the only thing to complain about then they got no worries cause im sure they will have an OT ( druid monk ) to tank trash for em

With the new build i lost all hope i had left in developers..

Outside of tuning for shield barrier and shield block, warrior tanks have the MOST cds out of all of them as well as the greatest raid utility. I really don't understand where all the QQ is coming from. Better yet, high end raiding warrior tanks on the beta are saying that warrior tank gameplay is a huge step up in MoP over what it was in Cata.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    Outside of tuning for shield barrier and shield block, warrior tanks have the MOST cds out of all of them as well as the greatest raid utility. I really don't understand where all the QQ is coming from. Better yet, high end raiding warrior tanks on the beta are saying that warrior tank gameplay is a huge step up in MoP over what it was in Cata.
    This is kind of what I mean that makes it so hard to get concrete info... some people are saying Warrior tanks are garbage, some people are saying they're great; same for every other tank except pretty much Monk which everyone and their mother knows will be OP to start. And I'm not level 90 yet in Beta to see for myself D:

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arothand View Post
    This is kind of what I mean that makes it so hard to get concrete info... some people are saying Warrior tanks are garbage, some people are saying they're great; same for every other tank except pretty much Monk which everyone and their mother knows will be OP to start. And I'm not level 90 yet in Beta to see for myself D:
    Well, that's mostly the problem. There are tons of people commenting on the state of classes via videos of youtube/thoughts on new skills/PTR-Beta@85, without actually playing at 90. That includes me, since I haven't finished leveling on beta.

About warrior tanks... The rage gen/enrage mechanic is still on the air, and everything depends on it, so... You can't say.

Quote Originally Posted by Espada View Post
    Well, that's mostly the problem. There are tons of people commenting on the state of classes via videos of youtube/thoughts on new skills/PTR-Beta@85, without actually playing at 90. That includes me, since I haven't finished leveling on beta.

About warrior tanks... The rage gen/enrage mechanic is still on the air, and everything depends on it, so... You can't say.

This is the time when people want info the most ( so they can make a decision on class) but yet it is always the hardest time to get it. You have some people testing in Beta giving opinions, you have some testing on PTR giving opinions, and some are just gathering it all in and making opinions based on that. Rarely does anyone say where they are getting that opinion.

That doesn't even get into the fact that Beta and PTR could be on different builds, or just how much small balance changes can change the playing field. Things that prot warriors are behind in could be where they want everyone else, or prot warriors could just be behind. Same with AOE tanking, DPS Burst, etc. they can make alot of changes in a 2 month period. And that doesn't even get into nerfs that can happen after it goes live like we saw with Paladins leading into Wrath ( which still ended up not being enough)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Armourboy View Post
    This is the time when people want info the most ( so they can make a decision on class) but yet it is always the hardest time to get it. You have some people testing in Beta giving opinions, you have some testing on PTR giving opinions, and some are just gathering it all in and making opinions based on that. Rarely does anyone say where they are getting that opinion.

That doesn't even get into the fact that Beta and PTR could be on different builds, or just how much small balance changes can change the playing field. Things that prot warriors are behind in could be where they want everyone else, or prot warriors could just be behind. Same with AOE tanking, DPS Burst, etc. they can make alot of changes in a 2 month period. And that doesn't even get into nerfs that can happen after it goes live like we saw with Paladins leading into Wrath ( which still ended up not being enough)
    This is why I'm skipping MoP launch. I think I'll use the 5.0 changes to farm old content (it'll actually be POSSIBLE now thanks to Shield Barrier and Second Wind, yay!), but I plan on avoiding all of the crap between. My annual pass runs out in late October so I'll have a month of 5.0 to determine whether or not MoP will be worth the money.

As an aside, I'm pleased that they made a change to Rogue talents based on the consensus that it was a mandatory PvP talent that provided very little in PvE. Sound like Piercing Howl to anyone else?
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

Quote Originally Posted by Armourboy View Post
    And it's rare for people to back it up with actual facts, usually it's just blatant QQ or something related to not being a match for X class in 1v1 PVP as if that mattered to anyone.