Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Do we get to keep these characters?

I was just wondering if you are going to be able to keep these characters come release or is blizzard going to do another character wipe before may 15th, thanks in advance for any information!

10+ Year Old Account
    It'll probably work the same way beta has always been for every MMO ever. Your beta character doesn't get transferred into live.
    Walking with a friend in the dark is better than walking alone in the light.
    So I chose the path of the Ebon Blade, and not a day passes where i've regretted it.
    I am eternal, I am unyielding, I am UNDYING.
    I am Zethras, and my blood will be the end of you.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Of course not OP, EVERY single thing in the beta will be wiped clean meaning the beta in your computer is now 100% worthless as well. In short

Nothing will carry over to the live servers

Deleted
    Bashiok confirmed nothing atall is kept on Twitter.

Quote Originally Posted by kwakwa View Post
    I was just wondering if you are going to be able to keep these characters come release or is blizzard going to do another character wipe before may 15th, thanks in advance for any information!
    Do you get to keep anything from the WoW PTR's / Betas?

Bit obvious really...
    Quote Originally Posted by Potboza View Post
    I created a black human male called "Pedopriest" and ran him to SW.
    I started asking where the schools were.
    Someone said "My kids play on this server you creep! How can you live with yourself?"
    I whispered back, "How old are they?"
    Yeah.

How about achivements? The "Betamaxed" or whatever its called, do they stay?

Quote Originally Posted by Zethras View Post
    It'll probably work the same way beta has always been for every MMO ever. Your beta character doesn't get transferred into live.
    Pre order Tera purchasers get to keep beta characters up to level 38. loloops?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lockbete View Post
    How about achivements? The "Betamaxed" or whatever its called, do they stay?
    http://twitter.com/#!/Bashiok/status/194189199182790657

Nothing in D3 is carrying over to the retail version when it launches.

---------- Post added 2012-04-22 at 04:44 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by iatavalanche View Post

Every MMO ever, except one. Close enough to their statement.

10+ Year Old Account
    no... why would you. i made tons of gold got tons of items in D3 cause of a bug that reset me once but not my level on hard core

I'll asume that highfive means no

Deleted
    Even then its only half of the Tera Beta pre-orders, only the En-masse Pre-orders will keep their beta characters, which is the US only.

Getting to lvl 30+ in Tera only takes like 2-3 days. And from the previous Blizzard Betas you do not get to keep your characters.

Current Games: HearthStone, Eve Online, and World of Tanks
    Current Game: Final Fantasy XIV - "Hyperion" Server
    Current Game: Tera - "Valley of Titans" Server
    Current Game: WoW: MoP & Planetside 2 - BETA
    Current Game: SWTOR - "The Fatman" Server

So we don't get to keep achievements either? That's retarded. I literally spent the entire weekend getting "Overachiever" for getting every single achievement in the beta. I assumed that at least that one, or that one and "Betamaxed" would carry over to live. Something like in WoW the feats of strength tab for achievements, the ones that are no longer available. Now I feel like I wasted the entire weekend...wait, I did.

Deleted
    That's the exact reason they wont carry everything over.

You spent all that time because you thought you'd get something that other people wouldn't have, because that would mean something to you. It would also mean something to other players, some of those who would have never got a beta invite and wouldn't have been able to play in the open weekend, so it's unfair for them to not have an equal chance.

With WoWs feats of strength for pretty much all of them were open to anyone playing at the time, the few that weren't or were extremely hard are things from the past that can't be changed.

Deleted
    Everything earned in the BETA gets wiped out, so it's fair for every one.

Deleted
    Of course you can't keep those characters. If you could it would give people that were in beta a head start on people that could not participate in the beta, which would be rediculous.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kwakwa View Post
    beta is beta for reason and no, most certainly u wont get to keep your beta characters

Quote Originally Posted by r3f1exez View Post
    That's the exact reason they wont carry everything over.

You spent all that time because you thought you'd get something that other people wouldn't have, because that would mean something to you. It would also mean something to other players, some of those who would have never got a beta invite and wouldn't have been able to play in the open weekend, so it's unfair for them to not have an equal chance.

With WoWs feats of strength for pretty much all of them were open to anyone playing at the time, the few that weren't or were extremely hard are things from the past that can't be changed.
    It was open beta, all you had to do was create a battle.net login to get in. It was open, so everyone had the same opportunity I did. I probably would have played all weekend anyway, but I stil think it should carry over even if it doesn't count for anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Alka View Post
    Getting to lvl 30+ in Tera only takes like 2-3 days. And from the previous Blizzard Betas you do not get to keep your characters.
    That's funny because, I'll be 60 in D3 after "only" 2-3 days.

Sorry, your reasoning was just amusing and yes I will seriously be lvl 60 after 2-3 days.