Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Brand new 85s as hard as a hit to me as they are to others?

[Long Post, TL;DR at bottom]

I hit 85 on my fourth one now, my rogue. Now a ilevel 377 thanks to how easy gearing up is right now, and I could not be more content with that factor. In the past month, I have also hit 85 on my Disc Priest (now 372, haven't played near as much however) and back in January I hit 85 on my Death Knight Tank. All times heroics have literally been a living hell to get through.

My first 85 I never really noticed, it was my main, my mage, and I was just a dps that was quiet, performed well, sheeped when needed. Never remembered a problem. Think that was back in October when I finally decided to try Cata out after quitting at the beginning. Now I honestly almost regret hitting 85.

It isn't the gearing up that is the issue, as I said, that is now thankfully a lot easier, it is dealing with the groups to get the justice points to gear up. I don't want to PvP just due to the fact I hate PvPing when my 85 can't do anything whatsoever.

On my Tank, the typical group was like this (and note, this is all in reference to Cata Heroics, not HoT Heroics or ZA/ZG):
    "Tank only has 130k hp he can't tank this"
    "Kick the tank, they have some greens on"
    Healer usually along the lines of "I'm not healing you, get geared first"

So plenty of times people left, and I literally remember taking around 2 hours to get through a Heroic Grim Batol just because people kept leaving, (I could go on another rant that the reason why there are not many tanks is because it is so hard to deal with the community, but w/e). I gritted my teeth, dreamed of being able to solo things like Lord Marrowgar and Onyxia, and stuck with it. Right when I got through the grind and got into HoT heroics, the comments mainly subsided and I geared quickly and in piece.

Now a couple months later, Disc Priest hits 85. I somewhat forgot the ridiculing I went through, but I didn't want to struggle too much while healing (mana costs increased a LOT which made me slightly nervous) so I bought as much AH gear as I could. Helped a lot, and even though my first heroic ever to heal was Deadmines (which SUCKED), we managed it. However the general comments came:

"You shouldn't heal unless you're in full epics"
    "My mains a priest and can barely heal this so you shouldn't"
    "Oh look guys, a **** geared healer, time to wait after every pull so they can drink"

It was annoying and tedious, but I stuck with it, got into HoT Heroics and managed to gear up enough to comfortably heal in any situation (despite a time a guild run from another server wanted all of my drops that were upgrades so they could "Heroic gear" their shadow priest for healing, took all the upgrades that dropped in WoE). However the amount of crap I went through made me sick of the priest and I haven't touched it since for the most part.

Now two days ago, my rogue hit 85. Let's go with the things I was kicked for:

DPS was lower than a geared tank (380+ compared to my 335 at the time)
    They wanted the leather drops
    Sapped target was broke (because a hunter was multi shotting the crowd repeatedly, I got blamed)

I just rushed to HoT heroics as fast as I can, and even then it didn't stop. Yesterday I got yelled at by a hunter for not hitting the hourglass. When I responded "You're range, you're already half way there why can't you hit it?" I got a mixture of vulgarity as a response and something along the lines of "Use sprint so I can keep up my DPS." We started it, I said to F it and never hit the hourglass, healer got it instead. Hunter finished saying how I never used it and was a bad rogue yada yada. I just left...for the most part.

Now that is just specifics for each class, in general, every time in just regular heroics people drop group constantly, healers trying to heal with only half INT gear. Tanks with agility/int gear. Regular Heroics are just a hell to run through. People are rude and not considerate at all, or forgiving in any matter. It kills any part of me that wants to level another 85 even though I enjoy leveling.

Now, I will admit, I have had issues to and contributed. That hunter that got pissed at me, he needed the Arrow of Time trinket (which I already had). Well guess what dropped? And guess who needed it and won? Me. I was just too ticked and annoyed that part with his constant demeaning and such that I wanted my own little payback even though normally I try and be the bigger man. A healer came into H GB on my rogue with 41k mana who was in mostly Agility gear. He was extremely slow (he got on his dragon after we all got off) and I told my group "I don't think we can do this with our healer." But we agreed to let him stay and just see how he did. Turns out he didn't do to bad and we completed it.

[Conclusion/TL;DR]

Overall, it is just hitting 85 is becoming such a chore. You have to deal with constant leaving and groups reforming (my record has been 15 people doing one instance over the course of it, 3 tanks, 4 healers, rest dps). Horribly selfish people, slow instances (the heroic difficult wall is so abrupt many new or bad players struggle, and wipes are so extremely common repeatedly), and just overall, a not fun game to play. I can see why people really would leave because of the community. And I finally love HoT heroics, just because (despite them starting to get more vulgar) I can get in for 20min or so, get my stuff and get out with rarely any wipes or anything. I honestly appreciate WotLK heroics because they were easy enough to not annoy people, and honestly just kept the tide rolling instead of an extremely slow start when first dinging 80.
    Battletag: Vale#11596
    Armory - Twitter - Stream

10+ Year Old Account
    I have a couple tank 85s and I have noticed this paradox. There is plenty of crafted gear to get you out of those greens though. And if you really really don't want to have to pay the 1k gold to get full crafted tank blues, you can simply tank dungeons from 80-84 so you have good instance drop blues right when you ding 85.

10+ Year Old Account
    People still do regular heroics?

I go straight from hitting 85 to doing the easy HoT instances the same day. Sometimes I can get into LFR the same day.

Old heroics are long, boring, and have crappy people who dont understand the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Marrel View Post
    I have a couple tank 85s and I have noticed this paradox. There is plenty of crafted gear to get you out of those greens though. And if you really really don't want to have to pay the 1k gold to get full crafted tank blues, you can simply tank dungeons from 80-84 so you have good instance drop blues right when you ding 85.

I'm with this guy. If you cant keep up with the content that you are participating in, get some crafted gear, or do non heroic content before diving into heroic just because you can. Heroics in TBC required an attunement to that faction's reputation. Mists SHOULD go back to a softer version of that.

People might say "It's my $15 a month and I'll do what I want with it. Those same people don't realize the rest of the group is paying $60 as a whole.

Deleted
    LFD is LFD. Deal with it. We all know that there are stupid people playing this game and you seem to be very unfortunate since I usually dont encounter THAT many stupid people. Get into a guild which fits your needs or make friends with people ingame to run said heroics to avoid this issue.

10+ Year Old Account
    Look how many 85s I have. I have never had as many problems as you make out. I think you are over reacting somewhat. Like, multi-shot doesn't break Sap and you can't get kicked for at least 15 minutes into a Heroic.
    Yes, it happens, people are retarded. Welcome to the current state of WoW. If you wanna play, you deal with it and carry on. If not, don't play.
    If you're having problems, group with some friends or guildies.

Also, your TL;DR was too long, I didn't read.

TL;DR - Less QQ, don't take it so serious, play the game, play with friends yadda yadda blah blah etc etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Honzi View Post
    If I got 50k gold for every error since diablo launched, I'd be able to buy a proper weapon.
    "I will now attempt to run away but first I will forget to close my chat window! wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!"

Deleted
    Never had any issues my self, although I don't tend to jump into content I'm not ready for. as a tank / healer I feel it's selfish to jump straight into a heroic when first hitting 85 and expecting everyone else to pick up the slack. also if that hunters DPS was much higher than yours yes, you should've taken the hour glass. I've never been kicked from a single LFD. but it's hard to gauge the entire situation, as you're obviously going to be biased, as it happened to you.

Deleted
    Never had that issue, and I've hit 85 3 times in the past month or two. it's indeed easy to get geared, and if you're anything but shit at the class you're playing noone will complain.
    for instance my most recent was my DK tank, tanked several heroics the moment I hit 85 in 310 equipped and it wasn't because I had amazing healers. the HoT ones were easy as fuck with 345 or so equipped too.

In other words, if you're having problems, as in real problems I think it comes down to you being bad.

You seam to of got the bad attitude for heroics. I don't blame you for quieting you altoholic. Don't get dis-heartened , if you find the right guild you will, be stable and have a guild to raid and play with.
    Sental of Darkspear EU PC: i5 4460, Gigabyte z97p-d3, xfx/sappire r9 270 xfire, 1TB WD blue, Corsiar 540 Air, Corsair RM850, Corsair K30, Razer Naga 2014, 2 1080p monitors at 1440p(AMD VSR)

People just get upset because they aren't getting carried through by the healer when its a new healer. And yes, at high Ilvls the healers carry the groups. This xpac has been very very dependent on healers gear and skill.
    Let's turn the Night into Tomorrow

Honestly it's still difficult unless you're in a guild that helps you out. If you try and gear up solo, it takes a longer time. As such.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by LocNess View Post
    [Long Post, TL;DR at bottom]
    Now a couple months later, Disc Priest hits 85. I somewhat forgot the ridiculing I went through, but I didn't want to struggle too much while healing (mana costs increased a LOT which made me slightly nervous) so I bought as much AH gear as I could. Helped a lot, and even though my first heroic ever to heal was Deadmines (which SUCKED), we managed it. However the general comments came:

"You shouldn't heal unless you're in full epics"
    "My mains a priest and can barely heal this so you shouldn't"
    "Oh look guys, a **** geared healer, time to wait after every pull so they can drink"

It was annoying and tedious, but I stuck with it, got into HoT Heroics and managed to gear up enough to comfortably heal in any situation (despite a time a guild run from another server wanted all of my drops that were upgrades so they could "Heroic gear" their shadow priest for healing, took all the upgrades that dropped in WoE). However the amount of crap I went through made me sick of the priest and I haven't touched it since for the most part.

Now two days ago, my rogue hit 85. Let's go with the things I was kicked for:

DPS was lower than a geared tank (380+ compared to my 335 at the time)
    They wanted the leather drops
    Sapped target was broke (because a hunter was multi shotting the crowd repeatedly, I got blamed)

I just rushed to HoT heroics as fast as I can, and even then it didn't stop. Yesterday I got yelled at by a hunter for not hitting the hourglass. When I responded "You're range, you're already half way there why can't you hit it?" I got a mixture of vulgarity as a response and something along the lines of "Use sprint so I can keep up my DPS." We started it, I said to F it and never hit the hourglass, healer got it instead. Hunter finished saying how I never used it and was a bad rogue yada yada. I just left...for the most part.

Now that is just specifics for each class, in general, every time in just regular heroics people drop group constantly, healers trying to heal with only half INT gear. Tanks with agility/int gear. Regular Heroics are just a hell to run through. People are rude and not considerate at all, or forgiving in any matter. It kills any part of me that wants to level another 85 even though I enjoy leveling.

Now, I will admit, I have had issues to and contributed. That hunter that got pissed at me, he needed the Arrow of Time trinket (which I already had). Well guess what dropped? And guess who needed it and won? Me. I was just too ticked and annoyed that part with his constant demeaning and such that I wanted my own little payback even though normally I try and be the bigger man. A healer came into H GB on my rogue with 41k mana who was in mostly Agility gear. He was extremely slow (he got on his dragon after we all got off) and I told my group "I don't think we can do this with our healer." But we agreed to let him stay and just see how he did. Turns out he didn't do to bad and we completed it.

[Conclusion/TL;DR]

Overall, it is just hitting 85 is becoming such a chore. You have to deal with constant leaving and groups reforming (my record has been 15 people doing one instance over the course of it, 3 tanks, 4 healers, rest dps). Horribly selfish people, slow instances (the heroic difficult wall is so abrupt many new or bad players struggle, and wipes are so extremely common repeatedly), and just overall, a not fun game to play. I can see why people really would leave because of the community. And I finally love HoT heroics, just because (despite them starting to get more vulgar) I can get in for 20min or so, get my stuff and get out with rarely any wipes or anything. I honestly appreciate WotLK heroics because they were easy enough to not annoy people, and honestly just kept the tide rolling instead of an extremely slow start when first dinging 80.
    With regards to the disc priest, i smite healed my way up for the most part. Shit only really hit the fan when hitting the old heroics as the gear jump required is simply huuge. That and people have had a few tiers of raid/pvp gear to get used to ez modes so it generally becomes hard overall.

For a while i actually queued as dps as disc, sometimes i got kicked, some groups loved it as it actually made those hard heroics a LOT easier. Was even thanked by a main healing pally as they had that day just re-subbed and was re-learning etc so my off healing was appreciated. Un-orthodox yes, but i persisted and i won. Now i just need the damn t13 shoulders to drop off haggara and i'll be happy.

On to the rogue. Not really had this issue, but i think the fact that i have 'champion of the naruu' above her head, kinda says im not a fucking noob and no-one actually dares insult me. So that might have something to do with? One can hope right? lol

Teh way is save teh JP up, buy gear as soon as ding 85 from JP vendor/AH. Also get some of the BoE stuff using alts JP/VP if they have no need for it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chazus View Post

I go straight from hitting 85 to doing the easy HoT instances the same day. Sometimes I can get into LFR the same day.

Old heroics are long, boring, and have crappy people who dont understand the game.
    I actually do old heroics all the time. Fun to see people in there that have no idea how to do anything in the game.
    <Semi Retired> - Recruiting for 9.2!

10+ Year Old Account
    1) Play with friends or in a guild. Sorry, but if you aren't in a guild, no sympathy. Yes, you CAN do LFD/LFR all the way, but then you need to deal with those people all of the time.

2) If you have a lot of greens, spend some gold. You can use JP/VP on toons that don't need it to buy the 378 bracers. Look at the trash drops from the HoT 5 mans - they're BoE and usually a few hundred gold on the AH on my server. You can probably buy 2 or 3 378 epics that way.

3) Spend more gold, get some 377 pvp pieces. I did this on the resto druid I dinged a couple of weeks ago and while they're PVP pieces, they were WAY better than the 312 greens. You can get the rings in both slots too (they're not unique).

Once you get to HoT levels (353 or better), grab some friends or guildies and run those.

And don't forget - if you have others in a guild who are leveling and they're 80+ you can get JP for running regs with them. Do that. Easy, much less pressure, and you're helping friends.
    Last edited by clevin; 2012-04-27 at 11:55 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you are crappy geared at this state in an expansion you pretty much have to accept it. Also, the general bashing is due to many of these freshly dinged ones being very, very bad.
    Vol'jin fanboy

Mostly this, with about 5k i was able to pick up 2 or 3 397 pieces, and a few 378 pieces, plus 1 or 2 honor pieces.

After around 4 hours i was already running HoT dungeons, and the next day i was already able to semi perform in lfr. (Generally middle of the pack)

So i don't really thing there's a problem with this.

Sure I agree with you the general WoW populace is turning into whiney little girls. However, apparently I'm just awesome at WoW because the last few 85s I've leveled up (feral tank, hunter, resto shaman, and Blood DK) just carry the groups I'm in. It really doesn't matter how bad the other people are - I do my job and we win. I ignore most of the chit chat in groups.

All in all - I have like a 95% success rate in dungeons because I do my job to the best of my ability and that includes using cooldowns on trash and drinking potions if need be. I really do not care about random strangers being assholes. I do quite fine.

Blargh, you sound super unlucky. D;
    I barely ever hear comments like that from people. Occasionally there's complaining about low DPS or people who don't know the tactics, but it doesn't often escalate to kicking or outright abuse.

But yush, I'd definitely recommend trying to get some friends together for heroics, even if you've just got one or two people with you it's often enough to squish any unsavoury behaviour or turn the tide of a nasty vote kick. And if people get offensive remember you can report them.

Don't let them get to you! <3

Also HoT heroics are filled with people in raid level and LFR level gear a lot of the times. Compared to heroics which are normally people barely geared enough to be there, so its going to be the crap storm 99% of the time.

This, disregard old heroics acquire phat gear.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ehardman/mount - Dat Dere Mount Collection
    Horde Server - Blackrock US
    Alliance Server - Frostmourne US