Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishyface View Post
    Sorry, its a demo. There isnt a way to say it any other way. A small, very prolific closed beta team can out preform any of the masses in terms of feedback and bug reporting. You only need the masses for a stess test/ open house to increase profits. Most games have these teams that do about 99% of player feedback for an unreleased game.

Im just telling you how betas have been for the past 4 or so years.

Welcome to how current mmos treat their betas.

I also have more examples of this from several mmo releases in the past few years, so if you want more i can keep going.
    Boy fishy, you sure do know a lot about the internal workings for video game publishers.

Tell me again how many times you watched Grandma's Boy...

10+ Year Old Account
    In your fish aquarium eating your fish flakes. NOM NOM
    Quote Originally Posted by Aelreth View Post
    Boy fishy, you sure do know a lot about the internal workings for video game publishers.

Tell me again how many times you watched Grandma's Boy...
    I would hope so after playing mmos for 10 years, thanks for the complement!
    Torchlight II Vanilla Player
    Looking for a vanilla only group?

http://forums.runicgames.com/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=40739

Ive driven a car for 12 years, does that mean I know whats happening in the board room meetings at Honda Motor Corp now?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aelreth View Post
    Ive driven a car for 12 years, does that mean I know whats happening in the board room meetings at Honda Motor Corp now?
    Before i start, you do know your bringing this upon yourself right? Im not the one initiating this, YOU are.

Do you sit around looking at how your car was put together, like engine blueprints, car body blue prints, materials used in its construction? If you do id be willing to say you may not know exactly whats going on in board meetings about your car, but you atleast have more information than most people about how its constructed what has or has not worked in past models of the car you have.

Just because most people walk around spouting things without atleast some idea about the inner workings of things doesnt mean i do.

Guessing your next post will be about things i cant possibly know so you can "Prove your point"
    Last edited by Fishyface; 2012-04-27 at 06:41 PM.

Before i start, you do know your bringing this upon yourself right? Im not the one initiating this, YOU are.

Do you sit around looking at how your car was put together, like engine blueprints, car body blue prints, materials used in its construction? If you do id be willing to say you may not know exactly whats going on in board meetings about your car, but you atleast have more information than most people about how its constructed what has or has not worked in past models of the car you have.

Just because most people walk around spouting things without atleast some idea about the inner workings of things doesnt mean i do.

Guessing your next post will be about things i cant possibly know so you can "Prove your point"
    And if you look at what ANet did with the GW1 betas, they did the exact same thing they're doing now (the equivalent of "what worked for older versions"), and they had a quality game at release.
    Taking your example, if you study everything that Honda does, do you know anything about Cadillacs?

Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    Yeah, Rhandric is right, as usual.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've been playing quite a few betas over the last 5 months, and every single one of them have not been demos. They have modified the game based off performance, and feedback. In addition, the betas have performed just as betas do, broken, frustratingly slow, and buggy. Demos do not do that.

Either way, considering the performance issues that I've been seeing people have in the past 30 min, I'm glad they temporarily stopped with the sales, at least for now.
    Playing
    WildStar -Mechari Medic, Draken Stalker
    Diablo: RoS
    GW2 - Ranger

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rhandric View Post
    And if you look at what ANet did with the GW1 betas, they did the exact same thing they're doing now (the equivalent of "what worked for older versions"), and they had a quality game at release.
    Taking your example, if you study everything that Honda does, do you know anything about Cadillacs?
    Yes the fundamental understanding of one similar subject can give insight on another. For example a persons actions help us understand what he was thinking at the time. It doesnt give a complete understanding, but a decent ballpark figure.

You guys are seriously just splitting hairs at this point.This topic isnt about philosophy (which i love to talk about) sadly, Can we go back to GW2 now? Rather, you guys to go back to GW2, at this point in time ive lost interest in the game in general. I assume it will pick up again when im able to actually try the game for myself.

This is a GW2 forum after all...
    Last edited by Fishyface; 2012-04-27 at 07:06 PM.

Yes the fundamental understanding of one similar subject can give insight on another. For example a persons actions help us understand what he was thinking at the time. It doesnt give a complete understanding, but a decent ballpark figure.

You guys are seriously just splitting hairs at this point.This topic isnt about philosophy (which i love to talk about) sadly, Can we go back to GW2 now? Rather, you guys to go back to GW2, at this point in time ive lost interest in the game in general. I assume it will pick up again when im able to actually try the game for myself.

Yes it is a GW2 forum, and you're saying ANet (and players) is wrong for treating BWEs as, yep, beta. This is what works for them, this is how they're running things, and they clearly defined how to get access.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    Yeah, Rhandric is right, as usual.

10+ Year Old Account
    Behind you, what I'm not? Then who's this person I'm behind?

I've learned to just avoid the "GW2 and Anet can do no wrong" crowds on this forum. I'd suggest you do the same, for the sake of your health.
    Last edited by Pud'n; 2012-04-27 at 07:43 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Army of Darkness View Post
    I've learned to just avoid the "GW2 and Anet can do no wrong" crowds on this forum. I'd suggest you do the same, for the sake of your health.
    I just find it funny that people are telling me in this forum that GW2 development policy in fundamentally different that anywhere else in the industry, its just not like that.

Oh well time to find something else to do.

Mechagnome
    15+ Year Old Account
    how can you sold out digital copy? O_o
    World of Warcraft wiki
    http://wowwiki.com
    World of Warcraft database
    http://thottbot.comhttp://wowhead.comhttp://wow.allakhazam.com