Page 1 of 2
LastLast

D3 Hardcore: MEGA THREAD!

I'm highly considering rolling a hardcore monk with this talent spec

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculato...RgQ!ZbT!aYZaba

If you're to lazy to click, its almost a pure healing spec, which I think could be viable, if not needed in inferno. Thoughts?

Also, a few problems I fear is with people joining the game mid boss fight. A potentially VERY serious problem I faced in normal mode diablo 3 beta was mistakenly starting a boss fight on your own, in a 4 party group. As everyone knows monsters scale in difficulty the more people are in the game, and I found no way to escape a boss fight, even with the fullest intent of fleeing. Also, mid boss fight, a few Real ID friends connected, making the boss (which I was currently fighting solo) scale up to 4 player mode, and if you miss the start of a boss fight, there is no possible way to join the fight until its over, meaning the boss, or the player dies. If these mechanics crosses over to HC mode it can lead to potential harassing or mistakenly getting your friend killed (having your game closed to public does not stop real ID friends from connecting).

10+ Year Old Account
    Do the damage of the bosses scale up as well? I'm fairly sure only health went up in Diablo 2, at least on normal mode. I sometimes set the single player to mimic as if there were 8 players at the same time, when playing alone. If only health went up, shouldn't be too much of a problem, I think.

Or perhaps you could suggest Blizzard to prevent people from joining if boss is engaged on hardcore?
    Last edited by Santti; 2012-04-27 at 03:41 AM.

Deleted
    Can Real ID friends connect to your games with-out partying up first? Seems a little weird.

Quote Originally Posted by Gawwad View Post
    Can Real ID friends connect to your games with-out partying up first? Seems a little weird.
    There is an option that lets you friend to join your game without your "permission". Don't remember the exact name right now, but just disable it and when someone tries to join you will be prompted to accept him or not.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

10+ Year Old Account
    In (Open) Beta, you can click Quick Join on any RealID/BattleTag friends and simply force-join their game..

You can also send/request an invite from any type of friend, but here, your friend need to actively respond by clicking yes/no..

A solution would be to auto disable Quick Join, if you play hardcore..
    Simple, easy, elegant and safe..

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't think the build is bad I'm just wondering will the damage output be enough to solo with that build. Also what made you choose Deadly Reach and Lashing Tail Kick? Because you used them in beta? Or another reason? Personally, I prefer Crippling Wave over Deadly Reach. And if you really wanna go with the better safe than sorry approach (which is of course necessary in HC) you can opt for the Concussion rune to go with it.

Deleted
    I think disabling quickjoin is probably the way to go so no mistakes happen in hardcore. I know I have quite a lot of friends on my ID and I wouldn't want to end up getting mad because one of them joined me and caused a wipe because monsters got tough on an elite/rare/boss fight and they didn't have time to get to me to help out. If someone wants to join you they can just whisper you and you can manually invite them to the game when you're at a safe point.

I'll probably be doing this myself for inferno even on softcore.

I'd personally rather be tanky than heal heavy. We'll see soon enough.

10+ Year Old Account
    Weird? No. Its actually the best feature in the game in my opinion.

See a friend online playing solo? Join him to say hi or just hang out together, brilliant.
    People take stupidity to a whole new level when they sit in front of a computer.

www.poepra2.com.br Um blog para quem prefere jogos multiplayer.

Quote Originally Posted by Cairhiin View Post
    Don't think the build is bad I'm just wondering will the damage output be enough to solo with that build. Also what made you choose Deadly Reach and Lashing Tail Kick? Because you used them in beta? Or another reason? Personally, I prefer Crippling Wave over Deadly Reach. And if you really wanna go with the better safe than sorry approach (which is of course necessary in HC) you can opt for the Concussion rune to go with it.
    Well, I also picked up the flat 25% dmg reduction on enemies when they're hit, so the way I see it is, I can reduce more dmg, and stay in a reasonable distance for the players that need heals. All theory crafting at this point, we'll find out may 15 >

Also when it comes to soloing, the beautiful thing about D3 is swapping out you talents instantly with no cooldown, so I can easily rebuild it for solo, I don't know how much the gear will change, but only time will tell.
    Last edited by Sun-Ra; 2012-04-27 at 02:08 PM.

Is possible to do well on Hardcore alone ? i have 2 or 3 friends but no one of them will play hardcore ~.~

15+ Year Old Account
    Well what I saw when playing with more people, most packs and enemies get special abilities and such, I did not see any on the ol' king but then I have only played with max 3 players. I think normal will be fine on yer own, and as long as you have some 'skills' you should be able to manage nightmare/hell but I really think inferno is going to take some grouping up while getting gear.
    What do you think you know and how do you think you know it?

Are you conscious in the sense of being aware of your own awareness?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocketsurgeon View Post
    Thats kinda my thoughts too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Going hardcore after I play my softcore WD.

I guess you need a good balance between DR, healing and damage output - but I am looking forward to the variable builds.

Sadly, once 'glitched' builds are discovered, expect hordes to descend on that spec.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculato...dgT!TZd!YYcZYZ

Was thinking of something along the lines of this for a Witch Doctor with zombie dogs / gargantuan, aoe dmg & slow etc
    Quote Originally Posted by Potboza View Post
    I created a black human male called "Pedopriest" and ran him to SW.
    I started asking where the schools were.
    Someone said "My kids play on this server you creep! How can you live with yourself?"
    I whispered back, "How old are they?"
    Yeah.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdecker View Post
    Is possible to do well on Hardcore alone ? i have 2 or 3 friends but no one of them will play hardcore ~.~
    I will say it is easyer, there you can pull what you want, and for every player there joins, it mobs get harder, i would prefer it solo if i did hardcore, for then you can take your time

Deleted
    Here's a new quote from twitter for the hardcore people

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Hi Jay, quick question: is Inferno mode designed to be beatable by an HC character?
    Not really, but please consider that as a challenge.
    Challenge accepted?

Deleted
    Heres my planned HC barb build.

http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/calculato...YVR!bVd!aZcZcb

Focus on heavy AoE with a one handed/mighty weap and shield. Socket and enchant for added defense and thorns or life leech, whichever is available first.

It's got 7 seconds of stun every 12 seconds, followed by 5 seconds of 65% damage reduction, and gains 3% of all damage done as life, as well 30% chance of Revenge that heals for a crap load and does decent damage. Should be good to take down packs.

For bosses and dangerous champions, I'd go for frenzy instead of cleave.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocketsurgeon View Post
    Yea same - rather prevent the dmg happening than having the abillity to heal it up after it happened. Especially considering lags and unforseen boss mechanics - like LEB`s and corpse explosions in d2 (at least how they where ~10 years ago).
    Im thinking though, that you will be able to make a ton of irl money if you can get a good farming going on hc.

Deleted
    Can we password our games to stop anybody joining in D3?