Page 1 of 2
LastLast

drain life (from allies)

warlocks can steal the life from their foes....why not our allies. i am sure our team mates will allow us a burrow :P
    (its soo sadistic aswell)
    also to support this....we can give health to our minions (health funnel). we can more than take it back. i believe this needs to be implemented to allow us a form of in-combat (personal) triage. there is no reason why it cannot be implemented. to avoid killing the ally/minion a hp percentage cap can be used.
    thoughts?
    Peace, the number 1 reason for War.
    Fight on my minions
    /petattack

It would be awesome RPwise, just hope it will practically fit into the game.

Quote Originally Posted by salpsan View Post
    warlocks can steal the life from their foes....why not our allies. i am sure our team mates will allow us a burrow :P
    (its soo sadistic aswell)
    also to support this....we can give health to our minions (health funnel). we can more than take it back. i believe this needs to be implemented to allow us a form of in-combat (personal) triage. there is no reason why it cannot be implemented. to avoid killing the ally/minion a hp percentage cap can be used.
    thoughts?
    Lame. Why drain from allies when you can from enemies?

Someone has played Contra co-op mode recently.
    *giggle*

hmm interesting abilty i would never troll unlike some people though.

ignore the dead rogue that i leap of faithed in to fire.

Your allies aren't immune to your shadow bolts, and incinerates, but why can't you use it on them?

Because the ability would be abused to kill people you don't like, or just to troll.

Quote Originally Posted by Inactivity View Post
    ahem....a few words i used in the initial post.....in-combat triage
    as in survivability

---------- Post added 2012-05-07 at 02:17 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Slonato View Post
    Your allies aren't immune to your shadow bolts, and incinerates, but why can't you use it on them?

Because the ability would be abused to kill people you don't like, or just to troll.
    ahem....again....i mentioned somethng about that: having a hp percentage cap. as in cannot be used or breaks if target is less than x% max health
    Fight on my minions
    /petattack

That's weird, because... well, you're causing pain to your own buddies... even if you're malefic, you wouldn't do that to a friend.

Quote Originally Posted by LeyrHao View Post
    That's weird, because... well, you're causing pain to your own buddies... even if you're malefic, you wouldn't do that to a friend.
    Friends and allies....do these 2 terms sound the same to you? They aren't even similar to begin with. RPwise it would be bad to do it an in-character friend, but its really dark/evil flavoured to take advantage of your allies, referring to the people on your side who are not necessarily your friends. Practically, there is no problem to do it to anyone in game unless you are RPing. Mechanics-wise, it will be similar to the Shadowpriest Void Shift skill since they can be both used against an ally.

Deleted
    If it takes health from friendly pcs, no, it'd be used to troll in random bgs and removed.

If it drains from minions, would be good, as a sort of channeled anti funnel, or Sacrifice.

If it gives you health but doesnt drain friendly players, what difference would it hsve to Drain Life save the target? Wouldn't DL's damage be preferable?

I don't know, if maybe it gave a buff dot to the person you are draining. It sounds very warlocky to me, to give your ally a powerful buff at the cost of them giving some of their life force to you. Work it so that it gives a buff based the highest stat that character has and give it a 3 minute cooldown.

Quote Originally Posted by Queen Ultima View Post
    If it takes health from friendly pcs, no, it'd be used to troll in random bgs and removed.

If it drains from minions, would be good, as a sort of channeled anti funnel, or Sacrifice.

If it gives you health but doesnt drain friendly players, what difference would it hsve to Drain Life save the target? Wouldn't DL's damage be preferable?
    a use for this i imagined would be for situations where u are in combat but cannot target an enemy due to stealth, los, magic immunity, cc or w/e else.
    hmmmm.....the mop talent dark regen is prob the most similar to what is proposed but with a med-long cd and non channeled.

---------- Post added 2012-05-07 at 07:30 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Ebildays View Post
    I don't know, if maybe it gave a buff dot to the person you are draining. It sounds very warlocky to me, to give your ally a powerful buff at the cost of them giving some of their life force to you. Work it so that it gives a buff based the highest stat that character has and give it a 3 minute cooldown.
    oh wow that sounds juicy
    Fight on my minions
    /petattack

Quote Originally Posted by Ebildays View Post
    A lame version of Unholy Frenzy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Inactivity View Post
    Because fuck everybody. Warlocks, yeah!

Deleted
    yay i would love to give my hp to a lock because he can't be arsed to buy some mana water and instead life taps his hp away...

Quote Originally Posted by ridish View Post
    yay i would love to give my hp to a lock because he can't be arsed to buy some mana water and instead life taps his hp away...
    you are the worst kind of person.
    Soulburn: Unstable Affliction. A boy can dream.

Quote Originally Posted by deviantcultist View Post
    Friends and allies....do these 2 terms sound the same to you? They aren't even similar to begin with. RPwise it would be bad to do it an in-character friend, but its really dark/evil flavoured to take advantage of your allies, referring to the people on your side who are not necessarily your friends. Practically, there is no problem to do it to anyone in game unless you are RPing. Mechanics-wise, it will be similar to the Shadowpriest Void Shift skill since they can be both used against an ally.
    I know the difference between those 2 terms... and you could totally understand what I meant, but you prefered to point that out trying to embarass me... lame.

I know the difference between those 2 terms... and you could totally understand what I meant, but you prefered to point that out trying to embarass me... lame.
    Seriously? What would I gain from embarrassing you? You are not considered something "bad" for not knowing the difference of those two terms, since the majority doesn't. I want to emphasize the "social role" of Warlocks by foreshadowing the concept that they wouldn't mind draining an ally's hp cause that person is of no importance to them.

OR

health funnel work on allies *_*

I always thought Drain Life should give allies a little life at the cost of your own. At least that's how it functions in Warcraft III.