Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Collectors Edition order cancelled?

I ordered the Diablo 3 Collectors Edition last week from Walmart online while it was still in stock (at least it said it was). Now I noticed the funds from it were just put back into my bank account. I went to Walmart.com to track my order and it says it doesn't exist and I also checked the product and it now states it's out of stock. No email either.

So my question is, if it does go back in stock, will they automatically redo my order and charge me without me doing anything. I ask this so I can find out if I can or need to preorder from a different site or not.

Figured I'd ask on here in case someone else has the same issue.
    "It's clear this is another bash Apple thread. Such things are not conducive to a good discussion."

WRONG! Those are the BEST discussions!

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    A lot of etailers seem to be doing this. If they refunded you and the order doesn't exist, then likely you have to find somewhere else to buy it. They probably oversold their actual allotted amount and just reversed all orders past how many they were going to have.

Walmart isn't bad... but I found another site anyways, Anything but Amazon... they added another $70 to the price.
    Last edited by Youarefired; 2012-04-28 at 05:50 PM.
    "It's clear this is another bash Apple thread. Such things are not conducive to a good discussion."

Deleted
    I would doubt they will automatically re-take the funds or recreate another order, if there's nothing in your order history, then the order is probably cancelled - I'd phone them and confirm though just in case.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Amazon didn't add $70 to their prices.

Amazon ran out of their own allotment of Diablo III:CE. Those prices you see there are individuals using the Amazon marketplace thing to sell their own copies they have preordered at exorbitant prices.

Same thing happens with most all big things. Like when Wii came out, ebay was flooded with them at double price or more.

That's why when you look at the CE page, it says # available new starting at $xxx.xx from these sellers.
    It's not Amazon itself, its gougers like ticket scalpers.

Quote Originally Posted by Rotesbart View Post
    Amazon didn't add $70 to their prices.

Amazon ran out of their own allotment of Diablo III:CE. Those prices you see there are individuals using the Amazon marketplace thing to sell their own copies they have preordered at exorbitant prices.

Same thing happens with most all big things. Like when Wii came out, ebay was flooded with them at double price or more.

That's why when you look at the CE page, it says # available new starting at $xxx.xx from these sellers.
    It's not Amazon itself, its gougers like ticket scalpers.
    Still... anything but Amazon.

Quote Originally Posted by Youarefired View Post
    Still... anything but Amazon.
    Not sure why you dislike Amazon, i've ordered over 20 items and had nothing but good delivery and packaging...

About the order being cancelled i think i read about some others having theirs cancelled from different retailers (I can't remember which, but it wasn't walmart) so it's nothing unique, it's my only concern while waiting on my pre-order it better not be cancelled.
    Quote Originally Posted by Potboza View Post
    I created a black human male called "Pedopriest" and ran him to SW.
    I started asking where the schools were.
    Someone said "My kids play on this server you creep! How can you live with yourself?"
    I whispered back, "How old are they?"
    Yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolsteak View Post
    Not sure why you dislike Amazon, i've ordered over 20 items and had nothing but good delivery and packaging...

About the order being cancelled i think i read about some others having theirs cancelled from different retailers (I can't remember which, but it wasn't walmart) so it's nothing unique, it's my only concern while waiting on my pre-order it better not be cancelled.
    I don't dislike them, I am just saying I wouldn't order the Collectors Edition from there because of what people do. Unless you had more money to blow.

I don't dislike them, I am just saying I wouldn't order the Collectors Edition from there because of what people do. Unless you had more money to blow.
    Oh my bad, indeed i wouldn't order from people reselling at an insane price either.
    Quote Originally Posted by Potboza View Post
    I created a black human male called "Pedopriest" and ran him to SW.
    I started asking where the schools were.
    Someone said "My kids play on this server you creep! How can you live with yourself?"
    I whispered back, "How old are they?"
    Yeah.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    I ordered the Diablo 3 Collectors Edition last week from Walmart online while it was still in stock (at least it said it was). Now I noticed the funds from it were just put back into my bank account. I went to Walmart.com to track my order and it says it doesn't exist and I also checked the product and it now states it's out of stock. No email either.

So my question is, if it does go back in stock, will they automatically redo my order and charge me without me doing anything. I ask this so I can find out if I can or need to preorder from a different site or not.

Figured I'd ask on here in case someone else has the same issue.
    Everyone knows that when you buy something online the best answer will not come from the place where you bought the product but on video games forums...right ?

CALL WALMART...it'll take you 5 to 10 minutes tops and you will have a REAL answer

Quote Originally Posted by Somebodyelse View Post
    Everyone knows that when you buy something online the best answer will not come from the place where you bought the product but on video games forums...right ?

CALL WALMART...it'll take you 5 to 10 minutes tops and you will have a REAL answer
    "Figured I'd ask on here in case someone else has the same issue."

"Figured I'd ask on here in case someone else has the same issue."
    Walmart is notorious for taking more pre-orders than they can fulfill online. Your best bet is to try buy.com but you should call and find out if it guarantees you a copy still. Also go to your local walmart/target @ midnight or when they first open. As they usually get CE's that they do not take pre-orders for. (in-store is separate)

I think I may just stick with the annual pass one and save $40. All I really cared about was having the wings but eh, it doesn't really seem worth it anymore.

What people do?

I did work at one of their warehouses a while ago, and i didn't notice anything bad.

Did you bother you look at who was selling the actual collectors edition on Amazon?

I am willing to bet that it wasn't Amazon that was selling it, but some 3rd party seller (which they often do when they don't have it in stock themselves)

Don't blame Amazon for the high price. Blame the 3rd party seller who decided to make a profit from it.

Walmart isn't bad... but I found another site anyways, Anything but Amazon... they added another $70 to the price.
    Actually, Walmart IS bad. Amazon would actually be a much better way to go.

The only time you should ever buy anything from Walmart is because it's the most convenient option and they have it in stock in their store. Anything ordered from site to store or as a pre order is more than likely to show up damaged or not at all, than to show up okay.

I know this for a fact because I use to work for Walmart. They don't handle their merchandise with any degree of care, it all gets piled onto trucks like in a landfill, so it's easy for things to get lost or damaged.

Quote Originally Posted by Zanno View Post
    Did you bother you look at who was selling the actual collectors edition on Amazon?

I am willing to bet that it wasn't Amazon that was selling it, but some 3rd party seller (which they often do when they don't have it in stock themselves)

Don't blame Amazon for the high price. Blame the 3rd party seller who decided to make a profit from it.
    We already came to a conclusion on this... I don't dislike Amazon. I just don't want to buy from people on there that overprice it.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    I know this for a fact because I use to work for Walmart. They don't handle their merchandise with any degree of care, it all gets piled onto trucks like in a landfill, so it's easy for things to get lost or damaged.
    Close friend of mine works for UPS, night shift loader. They are pretty much the same. Not so bad as the depiction of them in Ace Ventura, but they really are paid to be robots. The only care packages really get is trying to pack them into the truck tight enough.

Interesting note; there are tons (TONS) of conveyer belt in there. Miles probably. Too bad they don't let people take any pictures, and "don't" allow camera phones, it'd be pretty crazy to see.

Quote Originally Posted by Rotesbart View Post
    Close friend of mine works for UPS, night shift loader. They are pretty much the same. Not so bad as the depiction of them in Ace Ventura, but they really are paid to be robots. The only care packages really get is trying to pack them into the truck tight enough.

Interesting note; there are tons (TONS) of conveyer belt in there. Miles probably. Too bad they don't let people take any pictures, and "don't" allow camera phones, it'd be pretty crazy to see.
    Well, I'm sure UPS is a little bit different considering everything they handle is packaged to withstand the trip. At walmart, they just throw everything onto the same truck without any packaging other than what the item comes in. Weight sets on top of dishes on top of light bulbs. Which includes your 'special orders' and 'Site to Store' items.