Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishyface View Post
    IF the masses believe its a demo, then its a demo even if arena net says otherwise. They HAVE to impress those people, if they dont they will just end up going back to wow like in swtors case. When you sell a guaranteed beta slot with the game itself this is exactly the kind of trouble that will happen.

The beta isnt a bonus, it isnt a benefit, its part of the prepurchase. Therefore in most people's cases its a demo for them to try the game, and if they dont like it they will find a way to return it.
    Oh its the old beta vs. demo expert. Thanks you could clear it up for us Mr. Anet employee.

Quote Originally Posted by solidsheep View Post
    They should of never released this game should of just left it in beta longer so they can fix more things.
    .....qwhut
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

Quote Originally Posted by reptylen View Post
    Can it really be true that we have to travel back to an instance portal every fucking time and keep entering the area we came from until we don't get offered an overflow server to play on?
    Beta is Beta - this may be something that was not quite expected. They know it's an issue and are going to work on it. I would expect that by launch it will be rectified.

---------- Post added 2012-04-29 at 07:44 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by solidsheep View Post
    They should of never released this game should of just left it in beta longer so they can fix more things.
    This IS the Beta - that is what a Beta Weekend Event means. The game is not released, there has been no release date set. Beta is when they ask lots of people to play, hoping to uncover bugs and issues, so they can fix them before release.

Haven't completely read thread but...

I doubt there is suppose to be more than one overflow server per server anyways, and even that one isn't supposed to be used regularly. Having a system in place to keep friends together seems like a waste of time to me. This problem will only occur during the huge influx of each beta and at launch, then never be seen again.

And to those who keep calling this a demo, can you honestly play this game and say it is complete? It obviously isn't. Let the beta do its job. Play it with a mindset that you are testing it, not trying it out. Otherwise, it would probably be in your best interest to wait until launch or get a refund, if possible.

I can't believe that people are still discussing this when on the 12th post a quote from Anet said it will be fixed. close thread imo.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCrusader View Post
    can you people (and i'm referring not to the OP but to everyone complaining about betas) please stop handling beta versions of games as if they are demos?
    I get what you're saying but it really is a demo.