Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Swaggah View Post
    You prefer a 25sec cd spell reflect over a 10second cd double spell reflect on the beta?
    He obviously prefers the foresight required to hit a good spell reflect in the current game over an easy to use version like the one proposed here. Sadly enough though it just doesn't make sense anymore with the way all other classes have developed.

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Conatzer View Post
    Well, honestly though, what would you reflect the spell with if you didnt have a shield on? But, maybe thats just the way I see it. But swapping weapons in combat does trigger a 1.5 second GCD, while doing it out of combat doesnt.
    Your extremely shiny breastplate

You should just be glad that you even have spell reflect as Fury/Arms.. if it were up to me it would be Protection-only.

And no, Blizzard will never change it to not require a shield because it IS a Protection ability. If you want to cheese it by using swap macros that's your choice. The only reason it's still allowed is because of the tradeoff of losing damage, 2 global cooldowns and it's unreliability.

10+ Year Old Account
    It takes like half a sec to go from a 2h to shield and then cast spell reflect in a macro. Spell Reflect is off the gcd so the only thing that is keeping you casting it instantly is the time it takes for the server to acknowledge you have a shield equipped. And on top of that, it's really difficult to get a worthwhile reflect off so it's not even worth using unless you're in dire straights. You might get lucky and reflect a deep freeze when you're nova'd or reflect a nice big lava burst, but other than that it's just...meh. And you don't even need to switch to defensive stance to do it.

It's fine.
    Look! Words!

Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post
    You should just be glad that you even have spell reflect as Fury/Arms.. if it were up to me it would be Protection-only.

And no, Blizzard will never change it to not require a shield because it IS a Protection ability. If you want to cheese it by using swap macros that's your choice. The only reason it's still allowed is because of the tradeoff of losing damage, 2 global cooldowns and it's unreliability.
    Sure, prot can have spell reflect for itself since it's a prot ability... But then I guess we non-prot warrs will just have to keep our HS/TC/VR/Cleave/Charge/Intercept/Heroic leap/pummel/Enraged regeneration/rallying cry for ourselves, u mad?
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

Quote Originally Posted by whoranzone View Post
    He obviously prefers the foresight required to hit a good spell reflect in the current game over an easy to use version like the one proposed here. Sadly enough though it just doesn't make sense anymore with the way all other classes have developed.
    Well, it's not like we ran around spammign spell reflect on everything in it's previous state either
    The non existant damage without revenge spam and shield slam cut off even greatly reduced the reason to even be in weapon and board for half a second longer then necessary. And the "skilled" spell reflect is probably very fun in duels, I just cant believe for a second he's capeable of working it out in competetive pvp. I'd prefer balanced play rather then the "occational good reflect" (Not that I'm saying current beta spell reflect is anywhere near balanced, it's highly op)

You prefer a 25sec cd spell reflect over a 10second cd double spell reflect on the beta?
    No apparently he prefers being subject to latency instead of timing and skill.

Removing the shield requirement is not going to make us lose a billion skill points or whatever bs these people keep arguing. You'll still need to time your reflects properly to get a good reflect off against a skilled player. You'll still have to predict when they'll try to deep freeze you or whatever. You won't end up getting stuck in a cyclone with the reflect buff up though. You won't have your damage gutted because you're trying to go defensive.

I love people who say that being able to reflect with two handers means we'll be able to shit all over mages. I guess they don't realize that 100% of the time we're reflecting stuff against a mage is when we're sitting in a root. Being able to keep up pressure while being able to use defensive abilities is something that literally every other class can do and is only one of the many reasons that other classes are better off in PvP than we are.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

competetive pvp.
    And yet it has always been possible for good players to make close to maximum use of it in "competitive arena" despite it being clunky and relying on a good latency. Rbg is just a grindfest anyways unless except for a handful of teams at best.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    I love people who say that being able to reflect with two handers means we'll be able to shit all over mages.
    Currently certainly not - although it would of course help warriors who were not able to hit a single spellreflect before. I haven't used too much time though on checking what mop brings for mages. They get a whole bunch of new toys but they also lose some as far as I see it.

I'll rephrase. I prefer that Spell Reflection requires a shield equipped to activate.

Quote Originally Posted by Baracuda1337 View Post
    Sure, prot can have spell reflect for itself since it's a prot ability... But then I guess we non-prot warrs will just have to keep our HS/TC/VR/Cleave/Charge/Intercept/Heroic leap/pummel/Enraged regeneration/rallying cry for ourselves, u mad?
    Fine, I'll rephrase that since you clearly chose not to understand...

"It IS a defensive/tanking ability"

You cannot compare it to the abilities you listed, it can only be compared to Shield Wall, Berserker Stance, Whirlwind etc - abilities that aren't required for your own spec or role.

Many misinformed posters here it seems.