Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

403 Gurthalak or 410 Experimental Piece Slicer for retribution

So as tittle says: whats better? Keep in mind that i am a human and wielding Gurthalak grants me free 3 expertise. So whats better?

Deleted
    HC Gurth > HC Slicer > HC Mace > Norm Gurth > Norm Slicer > Norm Mace > LFR Gurth

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Daredalus View Post
    HC Gurth > HC Slicer > HC Mace > Norm Gurth > Norm Slicer > Norm Mace > LFR Gurth
    I KNOW what weapons are bis. And i wanted to know what IS BETTER if count human's 3 expertise

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vasek View Post
    I KNOW what weapons are bis. And i wanted to know what IS BETTER if count human's 3 expertise
    Go look up the stat weights and calculate quickly whether the loss in mastery/haste/crit for the expertise, outweighs the extra damage + strength + avg proc dps.

Not being a ret god (lol I kid, I'm generally awesome) I can't remember them nor know where to find them, but I'd guess EJ. Sorry but that's all the help I can give, hopefully someone else can be of more use.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nicus/advanced
    Quote Originally Posted by goblinpaladin View Post
    Also a vegetable is a person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I dont care if they [gays] are allowed to donate [blood], but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.

So as tittle says: whats better? Keep in mind that i am a human and wielding Gurthalak grants me free 3 expertise. So whats better?
    Last time I looked at this the axe and gurthalak (with 3 expertise) simmed extremely closely. I would use whichever one you like.

If you get lucky with procs gurthlak will pull ahead, if not axe will.

It only takes one reforge (90 expertise) to overcome the loss of a sword/mace.

Deleted
    Hh, just wanted to create the same thread... So it looks like i will stick with slicer on my pally... There is already enough rng on the class

10+ Year Old Account
    I replaced my 403 gurt with 410 slicer and i like it better. Damage during cooldowns is really high. Since the ret proc nerf ive never seen anyone say gurt is better.

Uh... what do you think a BiS list is? ..... Wouldn't be much of a BiS list if the 4th item on the list was the "better" item....

And seriously arent there like 500 threads comparing these 2 weapons?? How does anyone not know that Slicer is better by now???

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Selgar View Post
    Uh... what do you think a BiS list is? ..... Wouldn't be much of a BiS list if the 4th item on the list was the "better" item....

And seriously arent there like 500 threads comparing these 2 weapons?? How does anyone not know that Slicer is better by now???
    I repeat for "clever" guys like you again. I wanted to know - would those 3 exp from racial beat the gap between gurth and slicer or not. Read better or dont post crap. Thanks.

Deleted
    You want the 410 Slicer.

I repeat for "clever" guys like you again. I wanted to know - would those 3 exp from racial beat the gap between gurth and slicer or not. Read better or dont post crap. Thanks.
    And you dont think BiS lists take stuff like that into account? Why dont YOU read better... like maybe doing a search and finding out there are 5 billion threads on this exact topic already...

Quote Originally Posted by Selgar View Post
    And you dont think BiS lists take stuff like that into account? Why dont YOU read better... like maybe doing a search and finding out there are 5 billion threads on this exact topic already...
    how can a standard used for every race take racials into account?

if you don't want to help newbies or people asking question i would consider just leave mmo-champ forum. and go to your elitest jerks hole.
    Last edited by loki504; 2012-04-20 at 10:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by loki504 View Post

if you don't want to help newbies or people asking question i would consider just leave mmo-champ forum. and go to your elitest jerks hole.
    Uh.. because BiS lists are generated using actual math? You know so they can calculate the actual value of the expertise bonus... As far as helping people .. here's a tip: USE THE SEARCH FUNCTION !! There are probably 50 threads on H Slicer v N Gurth and they ALL say the same thing...

Slicer is better...

I dont think the 3 expertise racial is really worth considering since reforging is now possible, go with the higher ilvl Slicer as posted above....procs are..well procs.

Quote Originally Posted by loki504 View Post

He did help him... In case you weren't aware, hardcore raiders are known for race changing if there is any inherent benefit. But, aside from that, if you even looked at the stat differences... OP is asking if 3 expertise outweighs greater weapon damage, 65 strength, 362 crit, 347 mastery. The Gurth procs are nice when they occur, but for Ret they aren't worth any major consideration unless you were hoping for a stupidly huge string of lucky procs to see if you could get ranked... A couple of expertise doesn't even come into it when comparing the two weapons. We're talking a fixed minimum increase in both your sustained and burst DPS vs I pray to the RnG gods... Pre-nerf the procs were reliable enough to make the question worth asking.

Stat budgets are just too huge this late in expansion for 90 of a stat to make much of a difference between weapons with an ilvl gap. Probably why they're changing racials.

Now, if OP was asking if it was worth race changing to Human because he had a H Gurthalak, the answer would be "If you really want to, combined with hating your money this late in the expansion when progression is over for you (you have the weapon from the final boss) and ignoring how they're changing the racials in MoP/no real knowledge of what the weapons will be like.... Sure."

Also, I felt I should point out... In the end, not only did you not help the newbie, you also made a personal attack on another member while being unhelpful. Does this mean you're going to leave MMO-Champ and go to your unhelpful jerk hole?

Ryve, stop instigating. The fact of the matter is, Selgar started off speaking with an attitude and treating the op as some inferior being and that's that. If he gets told off, he deserves it.

Quote Originally Posted by Eltoshen View Post
    Ryve, stop instigating. The fact of the matter is, Selgar started off speaking with an attitude and treating the op as some inferior being and that's that. If he gets told off, he deserves it.
    People who are too lazy to use the search function (or google) should catch some flak for it. "Is weapon X better than weapon Y?" threads pop up constantly and are always answered the same way. Obviously when a new content patch comes out there is going to be some discussion about gear going on, but I don't see how Vasek could really think he's the first person to come here and have that question considering how long DS has been out for.

Quote Originally Posted by Kinmaul View Post
    People who are too lazy to use the search function (or google) should catch some flak for it. "Is weapon X better than weapon Y?" threads pop up constantly and are always answered the same way. Obviously when a new content patch comes out there is going to be some discussion about gear going on, but I don't see how Vasek could really think he's the first person to come here and have that question considering how long DS has been out for.
    well i just did a quike search on google and on the forum.

and i only found this topic that was talking about ret paladin. instead of arms/unholy/frost

Quote Originally Posted by Eltoshen View Post
    Instigating? I brought useful information to the thread, and pointed out loki had done no such thing when going on his abusive rant.

Selgar actually bought the perfectly valid point that BiS lists take racials into account, something that anyone who'd ever cared to even look would know...

As for a thread about Gurth vs Experimental Specimen Slicer, you'd want to look at the Ret BiS thread. You know, where discussions are had over every weapon vs every other weapon... As opposed to making a thread comparing every single weapon to one other.