Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    So basically you've been out of the game for a while and aren't as accustomed to the current faceroll speed run state of dungeons in cataclysm.

And instead of possibly telling the group that you have quests to do there or that you're slightly unfamiliar with the dungeon to not know it like the back of your hand like everyone else does, you just lump through it and EXPECT people to wait for you to loot and skin while they are busy pulling.

In this situation YOU are the exception. YOU are the "problem". By "problem" I just mean that you're not the same as everyone else running through the dungeon as fast as possible.

All I can say is, either play better so you can do what you want to do by standing with the tank and loot as they die, multi task better since you're the one that wants to do that. Or talk to the group and make them understand what's going on.

I'm one of those people that can't let loot sit there so I will run back and forth to make sure all the loot is being used/sorted. And I'm often healing dungeons that I run because of the shorter queue times. I'm also a tailor meaning I have to wait for other people to loot before I even know if there will be additional cloth available for me to loot, similar to your skinning in that it requires the input of the rest of the group before you can continue. So I'm similar to your situation and I've never struggled, if anything it adds and extra element of challenge and fun to do everything I want to do without it affecting the rest of the group.

Stop complaining and adapt to your surroundings. Take matters into your own hands and not rely on four other people for what you want to do.

Deleted
    "Look at me i'm a healer i'm the center of the universe and no one in a dungeon group is allowed to take a step without asking about my feelings first".

Special snowflake is special, no matter which role he's in.

Quote Originally Posted by Natus View Post
    I'm a casual player and I've been away from WoW for six months. Since I've re-subbed, I've gone straight back into dungeons, but have noticed that players are absolutely speeding through them. There's little to no communication, set-up, marking of enemies....nothing! For me, the healer, that means that I'm invariably left behind looting or just trying to catch up. The way I grew up, the tank would always wait for the healer (at least); now, the tank is the problem, chain pulling mobs and, far from keeping an eye on the healer's mana bar, he doesn't seem to care if the healer is behind him or not!

Obviously, this has caused some deaths and associated nerd rage. While I don't have to loot every corpse or skin every reptile, I'd like my share of the loot, too, and it seems like this is a lose-lose situation for the healer. Keep up, and you end up frazzled and by-pass loot, quests, nodes, etc. Don't keep up, and you get yelled at for the rest of the party for being so slow and "where's my rez? keep in LoS, dude!"

I know things went at a slower pace when I first learned to heal, but many tanks seem to be asking to die. Do I need to adapt to this 10-minute dungeon style, or should I just let this kids get beaten up and learn the hard way?

Thanks!
    I agree with you that people are now just flying through content. Without the healer everyone dies and they need to stay to the healers pace (at least imo). If they die due to impatience you can explain to them (politely), that next time they can wait for you to catch up and pay attention.

This is more of a problem when you are first hitting heroics with a healer (or returning to healing after a break). You might not have the gear to keep moving as quickly. Once you are able to heal raids you should be able to loot while healing the group no matter how the tank moves. However if the tank is moving faster then you feel comfortable with say something. If he/she starts to complain, just calmly and politely explain that they are accepting the consequences for moving faster than you feel comfortable with. Is it possible you might be kicked, yes. If so you will hopefully have a better group next time.

Quote Originally Posted by Sporky0 View Post
    So basically you've been out of the game for a while and aren't as accustomed to the current faceroll speed run state of dungeons in cataclysm.

And instead of possibly telling the group that you have quests to do there or that you're slightly unfamiliar with the dungeon to not know it like the back of your hand like everyone else does, you just lump through it and EXPECT people to wait for you to loot and skin while they are busy pulling.

In this situation YOU are the exception. YOU are the "problem". By "problem" I just mean that you're not the same as everyone else running through the dungeon as fast as possible.

All I can say is, either play better so you can do what you want to do by standing with the tank and loot as they die, multi task better since you're the one that wants to do that. Or talk to the group and make them understand what's going on.

I'm one of those people that can't let loot sit there so I will run back and forth to make sure all the loot is being used/sorted. And I'm often healing dungeons that I run because of the shorter queue times. I'm also a tailor meaning I have to wait for other people to loot before I even know if there will be additional cloth available for me to loot, similar to your skinning in that it requires the input of the rest of the group before you can continue. So I'm similar to your situation and I've never struggled, if anything it adds and extra element of challenge and fun to do everything I want to do without it affecting the rest of the group.

Stop complaining and adapt to your surroundings. Take matters into your own hands and not rely on four other people for what you want to do.
    How on earth am I complaining and where did I say I wasn't communicating with my team?

A lot of kiddos are bored and grouchy. This expansion can't come soon enough.

Back when I still had the patience to tank hcs I had that exp as tank too. If I didnt pull fast enough a dps did it (quite often even the healer)... Often before the last mob of the previous pack had even died. I dont think Im far off in saying that many of the good tanks who keep track on the healer have left dungeoning all over out of pure sadness
    I was Once a Nab
    Then I rolled a Paladin
    Thats when I found out
    that I REALLY was a Nab

10+ Year Old Account
    The majority of this thread is really sad. We the players make the game what it is, not Blizz. When entering a random it is just that "random", filled with players of all kinds.

Sure would be nice to see more respect toward one another and not expect everyone to play like robots. At the least say hello to your fellow group players, this IS an MMO, if you don't want to deal with "real people" play a single player game or at least try and be sensitive to those around you.

WoW lost a TON of great players to other games because of the behavior in looking for group/raid, why? Because of garbage attitudes displayed just like in this thread. If you don't know the fight, can't do high DSP, can't move fast enough, look funny...you name it...just vote kick, yeah, that must be the new way to play WoW.

Wishing for the days players worked together as a group to achieve a common goal, only the community as a whole can change this part of the game.

peace

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Madam View Post
    The majority of this thread is really sad. We the players make the game what it is, not Blizz. When entering a random it is just that "random", filled with players of all kinds.

Sure would be nice to see more respect toward one another and not expect everyone to play like robots. At the least say hello to your fellow group players, this IS an MMO, if you don't want to deal with "real people" play a single player game or at least try and be sensitive to those around you.

WoW lost a TON of great players to other games because of the behavior in looking for group/raid, why? Because of garbage attitudes displayed just like in this thread. If you don't know the fight, can't do high DSP, can't move fast enough, look funny...you name it...just vote kick, yeah, that must be the new way to play WoW.

Wishing for the days players worked together as a group to achieve a common goal, only the community as a whole can change this part of the game.

peace
    I rarely find that's the case though. The problem is when you 'don't know the fight, can't do high DSP, can't move fast enough, look funny...you name it' and don't say anything.
    Just run head first into a boss and wipe the group. Yeh I'm going to vote kick you. Say before hand that you don't know the tactics or you're new or whatever and I'll happily take a little longer (or leave myself if I don't have time). I don't expect people to come out doing insane dps in blues. I do however expect you to not tab out to youtube / go make a cup of tea during an instance. When I see that rogue doing 3k dps with 90% of the damage from autoattack, ya I get miffed off.

Quote Originally Posted by Madam
    Wishing for the days players worked together as a group to achieve a common goal
    I absolutely loved doing 5-mans in this game (back in the Vanilla/TBC era), but that's been taken away, and it'll never be the same again.

I liked that little strategic pause before the pull while you figure out how the hell you're going to manage the next pack of extremely nasty trash-mobs with just a sap for CC. I don't mind if dungeons take an hour or a couple of hours. Dungeons should be part of the game - you know, with the fun and the challenge and all that.

I'm of the opinion that most of the current players could really benefit from an old-fashioned all-night BRD run, but it's the developers that I must blame for what has become of what was once so great.

It should not take that long to loot, even to skin, sometimes I do miss skinning one or two.
    People know the runs so well not that they can rush them by memory. I know during wrath I could heal those places when drunk I knew them so well.

I made.... a very rude response to this guy, in a context I didn't understand.

Sent him an apology but I doubt he'll ever log back in here to see it, after all the flak he's taken on this thread ><

Quote Originally Posted by Madam
    Thing is, for that to happen blizz would have to eliminate anonymity from the game. As long as there's any aspect of anonymity, people will be selfish jerks. To discourage people from being selfish jerks, there need to be consequences for being a selfish jerk. Just like there are in any functional society. But LFD/LFR ensure that you will never see that person again, have to deal with them in your game. Ever again. They encourage selfishness.

People were helpful and patient when grouping for a dungeon meant finding people on your server to run that dungeon. Because even if you had a lack of patience, being a complete dick would earn you a reputation, and you'd wind up negative on everyone's karma tracker. Good luck ever doing any instances.

There were things I liked about BC/Vanilla dungeoning more than now. Hours of LFG kinda sucked though.
    Last edited by zakaluka; 2012-05-03 at 05:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by zakaluka View Post
    I made.... a very rude response to this guy, in a context I didn't understand.

Sent him an apology but I doubt he'll ever log back in here to see it, after all the flak he's taken on this thread ><
    No, I'm still here, and very impressed by an apology you've made twice, once by PM and now here. That's certainly different!

Yeah, I've taken a lot of flak for an innocent (and borderline ignorant) question, but let's face it, I'm a casual player, and the way some of these hardcores rant, I'm glad I'm casual. As I've noted, it's amazing how people get bent out of shape over one question, but there's no rage like nerd rage.

And this reaction isn't nearly as bad as having issues with the Game of Thrones TV series. Being an ignoramus about healing in dungeons is one thing, but you will NOT criticize that show or else!

these dungeons are quite old, clearly people just want to be in and out also there was never a need to mark mobs.

Quote Originally Posted by energi View Post
    these dungeons are quite old, clearly people just want to be in and out also there was never a need to mark mobs.
    No, NEVER a need! What an idea!

What's really illuminating about the way dungeons are done now is that I never see Rogues using any of their set-up skills. They usually join in careening into mobs just like the tank and the other DPS's. No sapping or ambushing or anything.

While I can agree with you that dungeons are become very rushed, you also say you've been away from wow only 6 months.

Honey, It's been like this for longer then that.
    Let's turn the Night into Tomorrow

Deleted
    I also tend to try and loot as much as I can but mainly for the cloth as I'm a tailor and it sells pretty well. I guess the majority of WoWers nowadays don't bother looting though so it might be difficult to ask them to understand unfortunately.
    As it's been mentioned the aoe looting coming in MOP should fix the problem of being slowed down by it at least. Thank god they're implementing it.

The problem with 5-man dungeons nowadays is that noone ever seems to have any fun doing them. It's a huge flaw with the design, and MoP dungeons will be just the same. They'll be somewhat exciting for a little while, and then they'll be easy and old and boring.

Doing something that isn't fun in a game is crazy. I don't know why people put up with it.

TBC dungeons were quite different, because even when you knew them after a hundred runs they were still hard. It also felt quite good when you knew what every mob did and how to beat them, and you felt that you really made a difference when you shackled that cleric ghost that just spawned on you in Auchenai Crypts, or when you Death Coiled the melee mob that broke out of sap early and was coming for your healer.

Things happened in those old amazing heroics that kept you on your toes - even if you were a dps. The only unexpected thing that can happen in the current dungeons is if someone falls asleep out of boredom.

umm...ive always tought communication is the key to fixing all problems, so u might want to tell the tank that ur not very fast at the start of the dungeon so he wont chainpull!

Quote Originally Posted by Ananan View Post
    The problem with 5-man dungeons nowadays is that noone ever seems to have any fun doing them. It's a huge flaw with the design, and MoP dungeons will be just the same. They'll be somewhat exciting for a little while, and then they'll be easy and old and boring.

Doing something that isn't fun in a game is crazy. I don't know why people put up with it.

TBC dungeons were quite different, because even when you knew them after a hundred runs they were still hard. It also felt quite good when you knew what every mob did and how to beat them, and you felt that you really made a difference when you shackled that cleric ghost that just spawned on you in Auchenai Crypts, or when you Death Coiled the melee mob that broke out of sap early and was coming for your healer.

Things happened in those old amazing heroics that kept you on your toes - even if you were a dps. The only unexpected thing that can happen in the current dungeons is if someone falls asleep out of boredom.
    Translated: I'm wearing my nostalgia glasses and everything in TBC was better than now.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

Quote Originally Posted by Gamdwelf
    Translated: I'm wearing my nostalgia glasses and everything in TBC was better than now.
    Not everything, but dungeons were. There was boredom back then too, like finding that dungeon group, or doing reputation grinds. Anything is better than boredom, and I don't see the need for it in the design of a (somewhat) modern game. It's tragic that they're right now spending a lot of time making dungeons that people will enjoy for a month, and after that they are every bit as fun and dynamic as a vanilla rep grind.

Quote Originally Posted by SunbakedDuck View Post
    umm...ive always tought communication is the key to fixing all problems, so u might want to tell the tank that ur not very fast at the start of the dungeon so he wont chainpull!
    I never said I didn't communicate, but I also don't think I'm that slow. When the tank is tearing ahead, whacking into mobs and totally oblivious to where his healer is, I'm sorry, that's bad play style. If you don't want to gy walk.