Poll: Athene or Kripparrian

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 11 of 25 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Racing to level is pretty lame, way to suck all the fun out of a new game. Games start to feel old so quickly, why accelerate the process?

Well if this is how they want to play good luck to them.
    Your opinion entirely, as a result it means nothing.

Most games for me aren't fun until end game. If you're a lore nerd, maybe you do enjoy leveling.

Quote Originally Posted by Calon View Post
    And then, as though awoken from a blind stupor,the people of the internet realised that: no one gives a damn.
    And no damns were given.
    pretty much this.

It will be some super power korean kid that will be first.

I hope krip win but I think there will be so random rich kid who bought gear all the way and beat both of them.

I as of yet don't want to start a new thread for this, but I watched the video of the two of them bantering with each other, and kripparrian mentioned in passing demon hunters are not as good as other classes. Is he lying to Athene or did his talk contain some semblance of truth in it?

Grunt
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Choot View Post
    I as of yet don't want to start a new thread for this, but I watched the video of the two of them bantering with each other, and kripparrian mentioned in passing demon hunters are not as good as other classes. Is he lying to Athene or did his talk contain some semblance of truth in it?
    Actually, Kripp said that they are betting on the demon hunter being the worst class for group play in inferno, but that the classes are very well balanced. He said his team had a very difficult time trying to decide which class not to bring to inferno and that they had to vote on it in the end as there was no clear choice. According to him, their reasoning was that based on the diablo 3 beta and their experience with diablo 2, they predict that a certain stun mechanic will come into effect during inferno difficulty. If this is the case, then the demon hunter will be less effective in a group situation when compared to the other classes as the demon hunter's a/e stun is one of its most potent abilities.

He also went on to say that pre-inferno, the demon hunter is one of the strongest classes for group play and that any group wanting to race through content would find it in their best interest to bring one along.

10+ Year Old Account
    Some random Korean player.

Totally calling it.
    There are no bathrooms, only Zuul.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ImpTaimer View Post

Totally calling it.
    ^

10 characters

Quote Originally Posted by ImpTaimer View Post

Totally calling it.
    Hah, having the Koreans own not only Starcraft and Warcraft, but Diablo as well, would definitely be a sight to see.

Deleted
    I like Kripp but there is no way he can compete with Athene. From what I know Athene will get the game 1st and also does Athene even have a regular 9-5 job? Because Kripp does.

Kripp will win, But Athene will not be far behind. But Kripp & his friends have been putting SO MUCH TIME into it, so it's hard to beat. Athene have been trying some stuff here and there, while kripp have literally done everything possible on the Beta. Killing Skeleton king on a lvl 1 naked character for example. ^^

Athene won't even be in the top 10 first clears of inferno. He wasn't expecting it to be nearly as difficult as it will be based on the leaked info of the health and damage scaling from hell to inferno.

Athene was expecting to just drop a ton of money buying the best gear possible from the AH and then just aoeing everything down. Krip and his team actually prepared based on the assumption that Blizzard would make inferno heavily mechanic based and tuned around a full group.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    Hah, having the Koreans own not only Starcraft and Warcraft, but Diablo as well, would definitely be a sight to see.
    just realised that if it holds true then they have the tirnity.

Voted for no one, because "Firsts" in this game is the stupidest contest.

World firsts in D3 dont matter or any other game really, the only thing that will is when someone clears inferno on hardcore.

Deleted
    watch athenes old videos and see how many players he beat for the 1-70 record, he isnt new to speed leveling and will likely have something planned, on his stream he has already said hydra will be flying out to his house along with other top wow players to go for inferno, so he is serious

Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    World firsts in D3 dont matter or any other game really, the only thing that will is when someone clears inferno on hardcore.
    That would be a world first...

Deleted
    I'm not sure if Athene is playing dumb to get information from Kripparrian or actually wasn't expecting the game to turn out like this. I know what Athene accomplished in World of Warcraft years ago but since I haven't followed him for a very long time I have no idea whether or not he's still the great mind that disguised himself as a troll or if he got lazy after turning into an internet celebrity. I guess we'll see once the game is released.

Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    Stopped reading here, sorry. Just can't take anything you say seriously when you say things like this.

@Konik
    See the above.
    Why are you being so hateful? What I read was a great and informative post that actually did answer your question which is why I'm so confused as to why you had to go down to the level of a 5 year old with your response. Shame on you.

While I dont care about Diablo3 worlds firstes, I dont think you can ever say who might win first clear of Inferno. There could always be possible exploits and other odd things in a game like Diablo imo.

Quote Originally Posted by VXFadhel View Post
    Or so you say. If you mean by "Action/hacknslash RPG" yeah it still is. D3 took from WoW a lot things, like CDs, Spells, Potions, concepts etc. D3 is somewhere between WoW and D2. That doesnt make D3 a bad game!
    And yes -Alcatraz- its a double edged sword, that we have to deal with whether we like it or not.
    Because potions and spells weren't in D2 and D1?

And what do you mean "concepts"? You can't get any more vague than that.

D3 is nothing like WoW. NOTHING.