Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Elementalist PvP Burst Video

Thought I'd post this up here:

Just showing the low set up, high burst potential of Dragons Tooth + Flame Touch.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=32-V1...ature=youtu.be

Enjoy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gasper View Post
    Thought I'd post this up here:

Just showing the low set up, high burst potential of Dragons Tooth + Flame Touch.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=32-V1...ature=youtu.be

Enjoy.
    Holy shit, that's some wicked damage. I feel like that's going to get nerfed big time.

Quote Originally Posted by Roggles View Post
    Holy shit, that's some wicked damage. I feel like that's going to get nerfed big time.
    His spec has no hp though. 11k hp is a joke.

It might, but also, most classes can break root with a utility skill, and roll/evading flame touch is easy since it has such a short range and long cool down.

---------- Post added 2012-04-30 at 06:15 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Ashnazg View Post
    :P Someone noticed!

10+ Year Old Account
    Lol this makes me want to try scepter elementalist now.

I liked scepter/dagger weapon set more than the Staff myself.

It's a pure offensive build, that has a very easily avoidable move, needs a cd to survive, but all around I don't think this is too strong.

-11k is in 1shot range for warriors, and thiefs.
    -this damage, while painful, can easily be stopped by either support, or a defensive cd.

It's like using PVE gear in wow. It may work in bgs, but against any serious players, I don't see it working too well. Still - nice find!

All in all, I prefer staff due to AoE Stun on a 38ish second CD.

Lol this makes me want to try scepter elementalist now.
    The skill set for each element is nice.
    Fire: Big Burst
    Water: Two Small Heals
    Air: Decent Damage Output + Mobility
    Earth: Decent Damage Output + Defense

---------- Post added 2012-04-30 at 06:25 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Yoshimiko View Post
    It's a pure offensive build, that has a very easily avoidable move, needs a cd to survive, but all around I don't think this is too strong.

-11k is in 1shot range for warriors, and thiefs.
    -this damage, while painful, can easily be stopped by either support, or a defensive cd.

It's like using PVE gear in wow. It may work in bgs, but against any serious players, I don't see it working too well. Still - nice find!

All in all, I prefer staff due to AoE Stun on a 38ish second CD.
    Agreed I feel like in a years time this wont be that useful unless you are finishing off something.

Also: I noticed ALL huge damage is fairly avoidable in this game as long as you can tell its coming. But by at least rooting the target if their root break is on cd they can dodge out.
    Last edited by Gasper; 2012-04-30 at 06:27 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Is phoenix a decent ability? Didn't see you use it.

10+ Year Old Account
    LOL!!! Bitch 11k health?!? My fluffy animals of the wild will have you few before you even scrape me!! Stacking compassion and vitality that gets converted to power ftw =D!!

---------- Post added 2012-04-30 at 01:29 PM ----------

I enjoyed it, was bummed it was ground targeted and didn't chase after my target, but you can hit someone 3 times with it of you time it well
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

Yeah it does decent damage. And I think it heals you or removes a debuff when it comes back to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Durzlla View Post
    LOL!!! Bitch 11k health?!? My fluffy animals of the wild will have you few before you even scrape me!! Stacking compassion and vitality that gets converted to power ftw =D!!
    I lol'd. Rangers do tend to tear me up quick if I am not defensive. But I guarantee you I will leave more than a dent in you and your little dog too.

*Evil Witch Laugh*
    Last edited by Gasper; 2012-04-30 at 06:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashnazg View Post
    That's an elementalist thing, not a spec thing. All Elementalists have low HP pools, no matter the spec. You have around that much in default PvP spec you start with, and maxing out hp from traits you only ended up with around 13-14k.

In comparison, Mesmers and Necromancers start with around 22k and can stack up to 24k from traits.

Funnily, I had this thing used on my necro multiple times. It dropped me to less then half hp the first time, and after that I quickly learned to death shroud it when it happens if my golem charge is on CD. Else I just charge the dumb elementalist who goes into my melee range, immobilize him with my bone fiend and unload a shitload of conditions on him. ~7-10k damage I'll actually take is something not worth talking about on a necromancer as a price for getting full condition stack on glass cannon elementalist.

You can also put a #5 staff mark on yourself if you see elementalist who looks like he's setting that thing up to hard counter it.
    Last edited by Lucky_; 2012-04-30 at 06:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky_ View Post
    That's an elementalist thing, not a spec thing. All Elementalists have low HP pools, no matter the spec. You have around that much in default PvP spec you start with, and maxing out hp from traits you only ended up with around 13-14k.

In comparison, Mesmers and Necromancers start with around 22k and can stack up to 24k from traits.
    I think I managed 18k when I was messing around later but... Yeah sub 20k for sure is the norm.

10+ Year Old Account

Yuck, I hope they at least give them a little bit more health.

i hope you are fucking kidding.

Quote Originally Posted by brirrspliff View Post
    i hope you are fucking kidding.
    Yeah as I said earlier, other classes can do more, and it can be dodged. So lets hope not .

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah it does decent damage. And I think it heals you or removes a debuff when it comes back to you.

I lol'd. Rangers do tend to tear me up quick if I am not defensive. But I guarantee you I will leave more than a dent in you and your little dog too.

*Evil Witch Laugh*
    Lol to bad my dog gives me an every ally around me stability, so have fun Tryin to root me as my 2 hyena eat your face =D!

---------- Post added 2012-04-30 at 01:43 PM ----------

Yuck, I hope they at least give them a little bit more health.
    Elementalists can obliterate everything within a 30yd radius of them so I think they gave up health for raw power, not to mention they're slippery as hell!!
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

Lol to bad my dog gives me an every ally around me stability, so have fun Tryin to root me as my 2 hyena eat your face =D!
    I noticed that ranger pets in this game need to be killed off. How much health to they generally have, I didn't make a ranger during the beta.

---------- Post added 2012-04-30 at 01:43 PM ----------

Elementalists can obliterate everything within a 30yd radius of them so I think they gave up health for raw power, not to mention they're slippery as hell!!
    Necromancers and mesmers largely eat them alive with conditions, slows and buff/debuff juggling. Elementalists seem to really kick ass of classes that don't have as good of a condition management as necromancers and just general mindfuckery of mesmers.

Elementalist unloading on you to find that it was just one of the clones and you're popping out of stealth igniting him a second later is priceless.

10+ Year Old Account
    Necromancers and mesmers largely eat them alive with conditions, slows and buff/debuff juggling. Elementalists seem to really kick ass of classes that don't have as good of a condition management as necromancers and just general mindfuckery of mesmers.

Elementalist unloading on you to find that it was just one of the clones and you're popping out of stealth igniting him a second later is priceless.
    good thing i clear my conditions with dodge rolls huh lol xD I'm built around total support, and somehow still able to do some nice damage... Maybe the build was OP xD

---------- Post added 2012-04-30 at 04:09 PM ----------

I noticed that ranger pets in this game need to be killed off. How much health to they generally have, I didn't make a ranger during the beta.
    Idk, it varied from pet to pet, but Sir Oinks A Lot took 2 treb shots to the face and laughed it off which i thought was freaking amazing... i've noticed a lot of the better rangers (or at least hte ones who rely on their pet more) will switch their pets out before it dies so it gets healed to full and bring in a new one... so killing the pet can be harder then it seems (entirely possible though)