Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    There is already a 9-second stun on live servers, it's called revealing strike + kidney shot.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stillwell View Post
    There is already a 9-second stun on live servers, it's called revealing strike + kidney shot.
    True however, No high rated rogue isn't exactly going to be playing Combat mind you. Well least I don't think they are; I haven't done research in awhile

Now a cheapshot on the other hand is useable by all three specs obviously

A 9 second cheapshot? OoooooO

Painful

Quote Originally Posted by Bitlovin View Post
    Priest / Warlock fear says hello.

AOE fear for 8 seconds = fine
    9 second single target stun = OMG SO UNBALANCED!

Please. That is absurd.
    With this minor exception that you can hit/kill target while stunned.
    "First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win."

seems more likely it increases it TO 5 sec, 1 sec extra

Quote Originally Posted by zbik View Post
    Finally someone with some sense.

A fear breaks on a certain damage threshold, while a stun does not.
    There is a vast difference so I would hope that is the result of an error or some other factor we are not aware of because that is simply way too long.
    Past experience may not be judged the best to judge it on, but due to the consistency throughout it and continued domination of burst then I feel such a long CC which has no reliable escape outside of a trinket could prove way too good.

Deleted

Please. That is absurd.
    Really..? FEAR breaks on dmg. 9 SEC stun is absurd :S. I would assume that a rogue with 203918 hks would understand that it's retarded. But apparently rogues gotta be more OP then they already are before noticing how insane it really is.

hahahaha, made my day ..

sweet gives me time to boil the jug by the time i come back im either dead or still being laughed at while stunned

Please. That is absurd.
    Lol, are you serious? Fear breaks on damage, a 9 second stun won't. Don't be dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by zbik View Post
    Probably likely that this is the case.

i think it's just datamining error

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Am i the only one that thinks the 9 second stun is on non-players? Some CC says in the tool tip something like, 10 second bla bla on npc but 5 second bla bla on player. Could this the the case or am i over thinking it.

Pvp duration still capped at 8 seconds. Prep talent comes at a huge cost. Sub PvP in the same build just took a fairly significant nerf too.

Looks more broken than it truly is IMO.

dunno why everyone is complaining about this i remeber times where you could stunlock and kill the target there were times without diminishing return and everyone was fine so who cares i bet this is a datamine error like some people already stated :>
    the ultimate answer's to all rogue issues :

-Rogues might still be dealing with the changes to combo points {2014}

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Legion View Post
    Guess ghostcrawler mains a rogue now. Time for his mage to sit on the alt list.
    *Blink and playing RMP

OT: Like Captaincrab said, stun cap is 8 seconds and it might be just 9 seconds on non-players.

Deleted
    use your brain guys. It wont be 9 sec stun, it will increase the stun duration from 4 to 5 seconds. Dont belive everything u read, just use the brain...

10+ Year Old Account
    dunno why everyone is complaining about this i remeber times where you could stunlock and kill the target there were times without diminishing return and everyone was fine so who cares i bet this is a datamine error like some people already stated :>
    People weren't exactly "fine" with it, thats why it was changed.
    And OFC its just a datamine error. Not even a 9 sec stun on NPCs would be fair.

use your brain guys. It wont be 9 sec stun, it will increase the stun duration from 4 to 5 seconds. Dont belive everything u read, just use the brain...
    ^ this.
    /thread
    Last edited by lupito; 2012-05-01 at 10:56 PM.

The people HONESTLY believing it will become a 9 second stun amuse me greatly... Its clearly just an error, it will increase it TO 5 seconds, not BY 5 seconds. 9 second stun would make rogues never take damage while soloing, as well as go past the 8 second CC cap for pvp.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0H3-N9zoI5c Amazing video of 60+ devilsaurs raiding Undercity!

My God, what a horrible creation. People seeing what they want? Thank God they tried to shy away from that. I know it pisses me off when I'm in an heroic raid, yet in the back of my head all I can think is 'some casual player is playing a heroic dungeon and not wiping.' -Vodkarn

My main's a Rogue and I think this would be pretty overpowered :P

Doubt it'll go live unless they remove Kidney Shot or something drastic like that.