Thread: Mage Gear

Mage Gear

Hello mmo-champion,

My issue is that I keep reading on Mage Gear and never finding a properly throughall guide on my mages gear.

Since this is a recently created mmo-champion account Im not able to post links, so please, armory me (Styqq) Only 85 in EU with the name, so finding me wont be hard

Thats my toon,

Mainly what I read though is Intellect > Hit cap > Haste > Crit > Mastery

But I dont know exactly where to stop with the haste, I read that if I can, I should get 2500ish? Instead of 2055,

also, Im not fully enchanted, I know this :-)

Any tips would be great, thanks

int >hit cap>haste to 1505 or 2005> crit>mastery.

thats where u stop.. 2005 is without 4piece t13 because 4p t13 adds 500 haste.

Quote Originally Posted by announced View Post
    int >hit cap>haste to 1505 or 2005> crit>mastery.

thats where u stop.. 2005 is without 4piece t13 because 4p t13 adds 500 haste.
    really? i see a lot of top mages go with 2k haste on top of 4 set
    this game sucks

Does this priority apply to all specs?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by GrahamC View Post
    Does this priority apply to all specs?
    No, just arcane.

Quote Originally Posted by rektlol View Post
    really? i see a lot of top mages go with 2k haste on top of 4 set
    Heroic level gear has so much haste on it that
    (1) is impossible to get rid of it, and
    (2) it makes more sense to aim for the higher haste breakpoints than the 2005/25% one.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyQuest View Post
    Heroic level gear has so much haste on it that
    (1) is impossible to get rid of it, and
    (2) it makes more sense to aim for the higher haste breakpoints than the 2005/25% one.
    thats the stupidest thing ive ever heard... no offense to u man , but heroic mages will have heroic insignia.. giving u more than enough haste for a massive burn phase at the start.. leaving most free to reforge to mastery.. once the insignia haste ends.. my 10 stacks of stolen time will add 500 haste.. heroic gear has so much haste its what most people will reforge off. take a look at my armory.. ive reforged every piece of haste away that i can and im still slightly above 1505 haste at 1585
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...asually/simple
    with even more heroic gear comes more haste...

thats the stupidest thing ive ever heard... no offense to u man
    Offence taken.

ive reforged every piece of haste away that i can and im still slightly above 1505 haste at 1585
    Your 3 bits of heroic gear is very representative and definitely means you fall within the category of "top mage" that rektlol mentioned.

with even more heroic gear comes more haste...
    And with even more Haste comes even more Haste that you can't get rid of. Remember, you can only reforge off 40% of a stat.

If you've got 2500 Haste, sure you can reforge that down to 1500 with no problems if you want. But if you've got 3000 Haste, which is roughly what you have in BiS gear, then you can't get down to 1505, no matter how hard you try.

SimC has our BiS setup at 2225 Haste.

The best mages around have their Haste at similar values Logoz (2168), Crajittok (2526), Zalik (2183)

But I guess Blood Legion, Vodka,and Exodus are just as stupid as me

Deleted
    What's wrong in going over 1505 with the 4 piece set?

1505 + 4T13 gives you 2005 haste, which gives Combustion an extra tick. After this point, other secondary stats (generally crit) are better than haste.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyQuest View Post
    The best mages around have their Haste at similar values Logoz (2168), Crajittok (2526), Zalik (2183)

But I guess Blood Legion, Vodka,and Exodus are just as stupid as me
    lol.. sadly you fail to realize when mages arent waiting to run for heroic content they tend to reforge differntly based on what their doing. but since you're talking about these guys like you know them i'll send my own example. my friend troublechild over here http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...lechild/simple atm hes reforged mostly mastery for arcane. but the point still stands.. mastery is so much better than haste for fire although some people could argue if u lag lots u might wanna just get extra haste to offset that.. imo having 45-50% mastery and ~1505 haste suits me just fine.
    1505+4p ->crit->mastery-> more haste we dont need.