Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    It depends on the fight for me. I will switch trinkets/reforge/flask/food different depending on what is needed most (survivability or damage) in our raid at the time. Ideally once CTC capped I think stamina would be the better choice.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    I've been considering dropping some stam for Hit/Exp capping, as well, mostly due to the frustrations of regularly missing with SotR 4+ times in a row. Not for dps, not to beat timers, but to feel like I'm actually doing something other than being a semi-passive punching bag. Since I mostly Off-Tank do to have a decent Ret set, Strength flask gets more use then the Stam flask. Unfortunately, I'm not quite ready to dump 10 Fractured Lightstones for 10 Sensei's Elven Peridot (or something like that).

Just saying I understand why someone would want to go down this road, as I too am looking in that direction.

SJ

Quote Originally Posted by jeffersonian000 View Post
    I've been considering dropping some stam for Hit/Exp capping, as well, mostly due to the frustrations of regularly missing with SotR 4+ times in a row. Not for dps, not to beat timers, but to feel like I'm actually doing something other than being a semi-passive punching bag. Since I mostly Off-Tank do to have a decent Ret set, Strength flask gets more use then the Stam flask. Unfortunately, I'm not quite ready to dump 10 Fractured Lightstones for 10 Sensei's Elven Peridot (or something like that).

Just saying I understand why someone would want to go down this road, as I too am looking in that direction.

SJ
    It's easier just reforging out of dodge/parry into expertise/hit, you really don't need CTC cap this tier, although it's quite good on blackhorn/zon'ozz, but after i'd beat those fights i'd definitely gem stamina and reforge exp/hit, even if you will be under 90 in ctc.

I've started to think about using a hit or exp flask. My health almost never goes below 50% and a flask only gives me 7k health. All the fights are jokes now except Spine, where a few missed Hammers and I got adds on the healers or the other tank. And I can't Righteous Defense the other tank. As that can tear off the Amalg and I'll get blown up to shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Eon Drache View Post
    I've started to think about using a hit or exp flask. My health almost never goes below 50% and a flask only gives me 7k health. All the fights are jokes now except Spine, where a few missed Hammers and I got adds on the healers or the other tank. And I can't Righteous Defense the other tank. As that can tear off the Amalg and I'll get blown up to shit.
    Hit/Exp flasks dont exist to my knowledge? But yea, I realised my health never went below 50% (or very rarely) and my healers never had manaproblems, so just went with more hit/exp.
    Also, even if spine is a challenge for you, imo it won't be harder with using dps gear, since you will kill the adds much faster and that will obviously mean it's less of them beating on you

Deleted
    Are you raiding 10 or 25m?

When I was raiding 10's I did get a decent amount of expertise to help with DPS, but since I started raiding 25 I just go all out survivability (some avoidance but mostly stamina) and the only "dps" increase I use is the Landslide enchant and Exp+Sta gems on my 2 red sockets.