10+ Year Old Account
    Ok. So I've got this Visa which works for online purchases. I selected the $15 subscription because I can't really do anything else. And I'm trying to go through the checkout, but keep getting "The transaction was not authorized." But the information I entered is correct. The card likely has below $15 on it.

But the $15 will be charged after any remaining game time has run out. So any idea whats going on?
    Last edited by Auxis; 2014-04-04 at 04:14 AM.
    By Blizzard Entertainment:
    Part of the reason is that Battlegrounds are like ducks.
    My Nintendo FC is 2208-5726-4303.

Quote Originally Posted by Auxis View Post
    So, can I freeze my subscription/account after the free 30 days are up?
    You can cancel your subscription any time you want, and still play for the full 30 days.
    "You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist."
    Friedrich Nietzsche

Quote Originally Posted by Tackhisis View Post
    Are you blind?
    Why would you ask such a question on a forum?

Ok. So I've got this Visa which works for online purchases. I selected the $15 subscription because I can't really do anything else. And I'm trying to go through the checkout, but keep getting "The transaction was not authorized." But the information I entered is correct. The card likely has below $15 on it.

But the $15 will be charged after any remaining game time has run out. So any idea whats going on?
    Your bank using the card has the have $15 in it for authorization. They've said the charge is temporary and will be removed.

So in order to setup sub you have to have the $15. Which is a bit ridiculous because any other company would just charge a dollar for authorization, like they always do.

10+ Year Old Account
    Bugger. Thankyou!

Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian Stormclaw View Post
    10$ says that half the ESO community will come running back to WoW because Zenimax just can't launch properly; the other half with run back before the end of the month.
    I left WoW around 8 months ago. Nice try.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian Stormclaw View Post
    10$ says that half the ESO community will come running back to WoW because Zenimax just can't launch properly; the other half with run back before the end of the month.

Please post productively and don't post flamebait. Infracted. -Edge
    Pretty sure most if not all MMOs have bad launches.

Pretty sure most if not all MMOs have bad launches.
    I wouldn't say bad, games like Rift, SWTOR, GW2 all had good launches. I think ESO was better because there were no hour long queue times because of the server set up. If ESO had queue times I would put it on par with all the other "good" MMO launches.

If the game makes you buy a month of play time before accessing the 'free' month, it is not a good launch on any account. There is no excuse for that.

And of course, the launcher I have warned people about some month ago, is making people to reinstall 22GB of game data due to an error. [clicky]
    Last edited by Tackhisis; 2014-04-04 at 05:39 AM.

If the game makes you buy a month of play time before accessing the 'free' month, it is not a good launch on any account. There is no excuse for that.
    There is an excuse.

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com...-being-charged

Or another excuse could be a mistake.

Quote Originally Posted by c0da View Post
    There is an excuse.
    That's bullshit, not excuse.

"Exceptions to [initial subscription refund] are Webmoney, ideal[sic!], PaySafeCard, and Giropay."

That's more like a stealing for me.

Oh nice, more cool words to inflate the topic at hand. Yeah it is pretty bad, I would cancel right now and ask for a refund if I were you. Zenimax really needs that $15 dollars.

That's bullshit, not excuse.

"Exceptions to [initial subscription refund] are Webmoney, ideal[sic!], PaySafeCard, and Giropay."

Pretty much every sub-based MMO I've played (WoW and SWToR included) worked exactly like this. Why should this be any different?

Quote Originally Posted by Marthenil View Post
    Pretty much every sub-based MMO I've played (WoW and SWToR included) worked exactly like this.
    World of Warcraft does not require credit card to access the free month, and does not charge you anything when Webmoney or iDeal payment methods are used. This is literary the single game in the existence which tried to pull that trick.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by c0da View Post
    I wouldn't say bad, games like Rift, SWTOR, GW2 all had good launches. I think ESO was better because there were no hour long queue times because of the server set up. If ESO had queue times I would put it on par with all the other "good" MMO launches.
    Well, maybe bad was too strong of a word. And most too. Some of them had some flaws, IIRC. Didn't GW2 have some server issues or something?

World of Warcraft does not require credit card to access the free month, and does not charge you anything when Webmoney or iDeal payment methods are used. This is literary the single game in the existence which tried to pull that trick.
    Oh I'm sorry, I must have insulted your paragon. Yes, WoW used to work exactly like TESO until they changed it in (I think) WotLK. Definitely the case for vanilla. While not exactly requiring a credit card, it did require you to pay for a month of subscription through the available payment options

10+ Year Old Account
    Didn't WoW originally require you to add a credit card/sub? But you could cancel it prior to the free month expiring and not be charged the extra $15. I remember having to add one when I first started.
    We stopped searching for monsters under our beds when we realized that they were inside us.

Tell me something, my friend. You ever dance with the devil in the pale moonlight?

Quote Originally Posted by Kuthe View Post
    Didn't WoW originally require you to add a credit card/sub? But you could cancel it prior to the free month expiring and not be charged the extra $15. I remember having to add one when I first started.
    Exactly. However if you didn't want to use a CC you had to pay for a month (through the gamecards etc). Exactly like TESO (though TESO also allows paysafe).

Well, maybe bad was too strong of a word. And most too. Some of them had some flaws, IIRC. Didn't GW2 have some server issues or something?
    GW2 had issues with the overflow system at launch. There were also some server issues with SWTOR and Rift, but overall for those games it was good. There will always be issues with launches, no launch is going to be flawless. But the vast majority of people had no issues, or minimal issues.

- - - Updated - - -

It did, they stopped it after the unlimited free trial to level 20.

Yes, i can remember that too.