10+ Year Old Account
    For those of you hearing the "voices" in Grahtwood. You have a quest involving a cursed amulet. The amulet was used to basically guilt trip it possessor into suicide. You will stop hearing the voices once you turn it in.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    im leveling in Grahtwood currently, and i keep getting this weird creepy voice when i do things.

saying stuff like
    "it should be you who dies"
    "the world will be better off without you"

stuff like that, anyone know what its from?
    Sounds like your average response to a good bye post.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SinR View Post
    forgive me if I'm misreading this, but are people still hung up on the whole "they charged me 15 dollars" thing?
    Well, people who were told it was an instantaneous transaction who didn't get their money back until just now were rightfully concerned that something had gone wrong.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Greevir View Post
    For those of you hearing the "voices" in Grahtwood. You have a quest involving a cursed amulet. The amulet was used to basically guilt trip it possessor into suicide. You will stop hearing the voices once you turn it in.

ah right, im actually doing that quest now as i type this, had it in my quest log for a very long time though.

im starting to like the voices >.>

10+ Year Old Account
    ah right, im actually doing that quest now as i type this, had it in my quest log for a very long time though.

im starting to like the voices >.>
    The voices were kinda cool. I really first noticed them when doing the main storyline, aka Coldharbor quest line I assumed they were associated with that. But when I finally found out what was going on, it came as a nice surprise.

im leveling in Grahtwood currently, and i keep getting this weird creepy voice when i do things.

saying stuff like

It's a quest - you picked up an item, I forget where Check though. Remembered that from beta, never did get around to handing it in so I had that for ages

- - - Updated - - -

saying stuff like

It's a quest - you picked up an item, I forget where Check though. Remembered that from beta, never did get around to handing it in so I had that for ages
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    I knew it would be useful to be french at some point.
    Quote Originally Posted by xxAkirhaxx
    just get a mac. It's like sleeping with a fat chick to avoid STD's.

This whole game pause's for like 3 secs every 1-3mins is really starting to annoy me grrr.

Is anyone else having this problem.

Example: I would be just riding my mount or walking around town or out in the fields and the whole game pause's for like 3-5sec. its getting highly annoying and is making the game almost unplayable.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

At some point someone suffering from bad depression is going to start that quest and it's not going to end well.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    This whole game pause's for like 3 secs every 1-3mins is really starting to annoy me grrr.

Is anyone else having this problem.

Example: I would be just riding my mount or walking around town or out in the fields and the whole game pause's for like 3-5sec. its getting highly annoying and is making the game almost unplayable.
    Ive been having the exact same problem, I contacted with their support and they told me a few things I could do to reduce the amount of times or eliminate the freezing, one is to shut down all applications you have running in your computer,also keep in mind other players may be patching the game at the same time, so it will cause the game to react to the volume of players, It may also be helpful in this case to reduce the display resolution as close to the native resolution as possible,changing these settings and rebooting your computer prior to playing the game should help resolve the problem with the screen freezing while playing

Hope this helps

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Never realised how much tools like LFG and single-phase quests mattered until today...
    One phase in a long quest can fuck shit up big time, LFG gives experience for random dungeons and allows you to choose random dungeons!
    Just wish they'd implemented a better dungeon/questing system than what we currently have >.<

10+ Year Old Account
    What is the point of heavy armour in PvP?

I'm a DK specced into two-handed/heavy armor (and a couple of DK abilities such as Fiery Grip, Earthen Fist, etc)

Today I got 2 or 3-shotted by those stealthy sorcs and nightblades. It happened a lot today. Most of them using a bow. So here I am travelling on my horse and all of the sudden my health drops by 50%, I get knocked off my horse, I can't do anything because I'm stunned/paralyzed whatever, and then I die. No fucking chance at all in a 1v1 let alone 2v1.

I am level 22 currently and those stealthy fucks obliterate me. I even got nuked by a level 10 noob in a matter of seconds. Its probably a L2P issue on my side.. but what the fuck?
    Last edited by Sainur; 2014-04-09 at 08:01 PM.

Can't play till weekend. ffs

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Damn I wish leveling was a bit better paced!
    I just want to do quests, no silly side activities, except maybe delves.

Well - this is actually rather... suprising.

Go have a fight with a similar class, slightly higher level elite (so fight a melee as a melee fighter). Make sure you have a full toolbox like a self heal, CC etc.

It does a REALLY goods job of feeling like a proper brawl rather than whoever should win destroying the other inside a couple of seconds (think the epic 10 minute punch fist fights you see between main hero and main villain in a movie). Was fighting an elite for a good 5/6 minutes solid, solo and it was a damn even match. Felt VERY satisfying to finally drop him. I've not had that in a while for a game, it's usually rather arbitrary who will win, that could have been his or mine at almost any point

(was the boss of one of the skull camps)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    Damn I wish leveling was a bit better paced!
    I just want to do quests, no silly side activities, except maybe delves.
    I enjoy feeling like doing my own thing rather than questing on rails is kinda needed.

Like, "Ok - we done for this level. Go have fun for a couple of hours and I'll see you when you level up". Not touched PVP yet, I'm lvl 16 and... just about finished Auridon. I play this like skyrim tho - "ooo, there's a cave..." and "well, this area seems to have a lot of resource nodes" etc. All of which gives xp

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sainur View Post
    What is the point of heavy armour in PvP?

I'm a DK specced into two-handed/heavy armor (and a couple of DK abilities such as Fiery Grip, Earthen Fist, etc)

Today I got 2 or 3-shotted by those stealthy sorcs and nightblades. It happened a lot today. Most of them using a bow. So here I am travelling on my horse and all of the sudden my health drops by 50%, I get knocked off my horse, I can't do anything because I'm stunned/paralyzed whatever, and then I die. No fucking chance at all in a 1v1 let alone 2v1.

I am level 22 currently and those stealthy fucks obliterate me. I even got nuked by a level 10 noob in a matter of seconds. Its probably a L2P issue on my side.. but what the fuck?
    Apologies for being less than charitable when you mentioned this in the guild chat earlier (I'm Knightfury I geninely WAS teasing tho). It probably is a mix of things. Firstly - for PVP if you play as a rigid class archetype you will likely meet those with the current FOTM setup who are well aware how a heavy with a 2H plays so understand how to tackle them. As you seemed to hint - you don't know what your facing.
    If they're throwing stealth and sorcery around you should likely be looking at picking up some light armour. Full heavy is almost pointless anyway, ANY armour giving ability and full heavy makes you soft-capped (I think you mentioned you'd softcapped armour and health regen). You need to work on your resists and start thinking with something of an "arms race" mentality - if they are just chucking a random big spell at you out of stealth do you get ANY kinda warning before it hits? If so there's a couple of nice spell reflecting abilities I bet they won't be expecting you to drop on em (an example but think along those kinda lines).

With no fixed, rigid classes you have to think about what will cover most eventualities and try and build around it. Walking around in a PVP zone is likely going to need a lot of though and BOTH your weapon/bar loadouts so you have enough tools in the bag to deal with it. If you expect to be able to use "I'm the big guy in plate so I win against..." kinda thought you're going to end up VERY frustrated.

Consider it like this - your class is 3 skill tree's everything else is COMPLETELY OPEN. So you need to build a character that can win in that sort of environment.
    Last edited by mercutiouk; 2014-04-09 at 08:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jubilo View Post
    Ive been having the exact same problem, I contacted with their support and they told me a few things I could do to reduce the amount of times or eliminate the freezing, one is to shut down all applications you have running in your computer,also keep in mind other players may be patching the game at the same time, so it will cause the game to react to the volume of players, It may also be helpful in this case to reduce the display resolution as close to the native resolution as possible,changing these settings and rebooting your computer prior to playing the game should help resolve the problem with the screen freezing while playing

Hope this helps
    Well I play the game at my native resolution "1280 x 720" and I will try restarting my PC but it has been getting worse since last night.

After awhile last night the game was running fine. I don't think the amount of players is a problem because in zones where I am by myself it still dose it.

At lease I know others are having the same problem so it isn't just me.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

10+ Year Old Account
    Apologies for being less than charitable when you mentioned this in the guild chat earlier (I'm Knightfury I geninely WAS teasing tho). It probably is a mix of things. Firstly - for PVP if you play as a rigid class archetype you will likely meet those with the current FOTM setup who are well aware how a heavy with a 2H plays so understand how to tackle them. As you seemed to hint - you don't know what your facing.
    If they're throwing stealth and sorcery around you should likely be looking at picking up some light armour. Full heavy is almost pointless anyway, ANY armour giving ability and full heavy makes you soft-capped (I think you mentioned you'd softcapped armour and health regen). You need to work on your resists and start thinking with something of an "arms race" mentality - if they are just chucking a random big spell at you out of stealth do you get ANY kinda warning before it hits? If so there's a couple of nice spell reflecting abilities I bet they won't be expecting you to drop on em (an example but think along those kinda lines).

With no fixed, rigid classes you have to think about what will cover most eventualities and try and build around it. Walking around in a PVP zone is likely going to need a lot of though and BOTH your weapon/bar loadouts so you have enough tools in the bag to deal with it. If you expect to be able to use "I'm the big guy in plate so I win against..." kinda thought you're going to end up VERY frustrated.

Consider it like this - your class is 3 skill tree's everything else is COMPLETELY OPEN. So you need to build a character that can win in that sort of environment.
    I see. Oh well... I'm just an angry motherfucker that wants to kill things with a hammer, if I fail, I get pissed.

Anyhow, thanks for the reply. And dont feel bad for teasing in guild chat. :P I love you man.

Well I play the game at my native resolution "1280 x 720" and I will try restarting my PC but it has been getting worse since last night.

After awhile last night the game was running fine. I don't think the amount of players is a problem because in zones where I am by myself it still dose it.

This IS meant in a helpful way - I don't run a particularly crazy computer (I5 2500k, ATI7950 and 8GB memory - it's "strong" but not insanely so, kinda setup you could buy for around £450 with some REALLY well made/sourced choices) on a good internet connection (fibre 80Mb) and I've had ZERO issues.

My spare box, running on the same connection but with (effectively) a core 2 duo, 8GB and a (fairly old) ATI4850 running at 1400x900 res occasionally has the slowdown.

It would seem it's more related to the power of the PC running it than the internet connection. It may even be the underlying drive speed (so the game slows down when it can't load textures fast enough). Consider a minor boost to your computers though, people that are having issue. Try installing it on your newest hard drive too (or fastest if you know for sure which that is).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sainur View Post
    I see. Oh well... I'm just an angry motherfucker that wants to kill things with a hammer, if I fail, I get pissed.

Anyhow, thanks for the reply. And dont feel bad for teasing in guild chat. :P I love you man.
    Completely with you, only replace hammer with sword I LOVE heavy melee classes so will just learn what I need to make this work (like just belt, gloves and boots as light/medium and the rest heavy so I still look like I could fuck something up by shoulder charging it)
    Big love right back at you

We both wanna be this guy (but more manly):

Just gonna take some tweaking

Might be worth looking for sets that have a massive spell resist proc or something, that could be interesting

I WILL make 2H melee work though somehow.

We definitely need a forum to be able to talk stuff like this over properly.

As for the horses post a couple of pages back:
    Bank slots and bag slots are WAAAAAAAAAAAY cheaper than a horse.
    I'd (personally) suggest getting bag slots first, then worry about a pony.
    Last edited by mercutiouk; 2014-04-09 at 09:08 PM.

Deleted

i was having that issue, i heard of a few fixes, one was to make sure the launcher was closed when playing, and the other was to edit some config file. neither seemed to work, but after a few days the problem has gone and i havn't been having the freezes for a few days now.

10+ Year Old Account
    If any of you that are having issues with freezing it could also be addons. Turn them off to see if that fixes your issue.

Ugh I know, very irritating. Caused a few deaths already, I really hope its not a hardware problem because right now Im poor and cant afford to upgrade my PC just yet... I remember having the same issue with GW2 at launch and it got fixed on its own, we'll see.
    ~Je veux être avec toi~