Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Greevir View Post
    and name all your toons hjahkjs while still wearing the coldharbour gear. Can't help but think that you either bot or are naive as fuck.

yeah, thats most of the ones ive seen. mostly nightblades or templars, and just stand right where the boss stands spamming 1 ability, proablly just spamming 1, E(loot), R(take all). i found a few the other day, they never moved and only ever used one attack, no auto attack, and if you bring a mob in front of them they just spam that same attack. and all named hgdfgdf, most wearing coldharbour gear, saw a few with different armor on. 95% sure they were bots.

usually when i get to the end of a dungeon i stay and kill the boss a few times for soul shards.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarac View Post
    I'm sorry, but theres simply no exuse for Zenimax to already be failing this badly on exploiting dungeons.

- - - Updated - - -

Must be a joy.
    It was fun pulling the boss out of the bots aggro range and watching this "perfectly sequenced group" use abilities and move in perfect unison. Pull the boss far enough away and the bots return to where they were. You could also pull random trash close enough to them and watched them all hit it in perfect unison. Cause you know, like Disciples says, these are obviously not bots. They're just perfectly organised players who get on teamspeak so they can time their actions and movements perfectly.

I'm sorry, but theres simply no exuse for Zenimax to already be failing this badly on exploiting dungeons.

- - - Updated - - -

Must be a joy.
    I only did it to get the horse, it's too boring to do it longer than that. I'm back to questing now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Disciples View Post
    Ah didn't see that. For some reason the video is super dark for me, rest of my screen is bright.
    Ah, ok. I give you the benefit of doubt then. Cheers! Go back to playing then!

Quote Originally Posted by Phurox View Post
    Is a sorcerer in full plate viable guys?

I would love a heavy armored sorcerer in PvP battles... But I fear I might lose to much magicka regen?
    Right now... assume everythign is viable until you see a detailed list of reasons stating why it's not viable.... only exception to this is sorc summoner assassin... your minions give away your position and make it very obvious you're in the area.

But so far as I'm aware, a full plate sorc is good... now when you say sorc is that pure caster or pure melee or a mix of the two? Class + armor type or Class + weapon type doesn't really say much about what a build really does. Or at least it doesn't seem to convey much of anything with respect to playstyle IMO.

I just went to one of the bots sites and nobody there is talking about bans or being detected. Looks like Zeni isn't able to detect them or they're planning a blizzard ban wave party.

Deleted
    I just went to one of the bots sites and nobody there is talking about bans or being detected. Looks like Zeni isn't able to detect them or they're planning a blizzard ban wave party.
    The Blizz ban wave has proven itself to be a failure...not sure why any company would follow that lead. I've given Zeni a lot of credit when it comes to gameplay, but when it comes to online elements they have done nothing but failures up till now. PvP aside, haven't touched that.

http://massively.joystiq.com/2014/04...the-banhammer/

Well, they just banned a ton of bots/exploiters apparently. Coincidental given current topic of discussion : P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    http://massively.joystiq.com/2014/04...the-banhammer/

Well, they just banned a ton of bots/exploiters apparently. Coincidental given current topic of discussion : P
    It's not looking good for the future of the game if they won't make reporting spammers and botters easier. Having to wait for 10 seconds to load up the ticket to then fill in details is silly beyond words if you happen to see 5 spammers/botters at once.

Oh god why isn't there a vote to kick option in dungeons. They can be difficult enough without fucking morons queuing as a tank in leather and dual wielding then wondering why the boss 1 hits them.

The Blizz ban wave has proven itself to be a failure...not sure why any company would follow that lead. I've given Zeni a lot of credit when it comes to gameplay, but when it comes to online elements they have done nothing but failures up till now. PvP aside, haven't touched that.
    Ban waves are dumb I agree. Took them 3 years to ban the most recent program in a wave. I'm sure most of the people that used it had used it for awhile and quit by the time the wave was even sent out. And it was a PvE bot. Meanwhile PvP bots, the ones that actually affect players negatively are fine to use and are still awaiting their wave when it's been in use for almost a decade.

But when a game is released it would be nice to have a place with different topics that we could discuss it. Not months later after the game has died down.
    In that vein I'd like to point out to those unaware that the official ESO forums are practically unusable. Even the ancient EZboard system explicitly made for people who didn't know anything about running a website was better than the disaster Zenimax has cobbled together.

Quote Originally Posted by Once View Post
    In that vein I'd like to point out to those unaware that the official ESO forums are practically unusable. Even the ancient EZboard system explicitly made for people who didn't know anything about running a website was better than the disaster Zenimax has cobbled together.
    Oh wow...Never went to the official forums before. I would go nuts trying to navigate them and use them on any kind of daily basis >.<

Quote Originally Posted by Once View Post
    Yeah I went there when I wanted to see if anyone else was having problems with a bugged quest and it was one of the worst forums I've ever been to. Haven't been back. WoW fanboys are going into the eso forum request thread telling us to leave the site and go discuss it on other eso sites but I know the people that post here and I like the scheme and the set up. My brother posts in the wow forums, I used to use his account to occasionally post so I'm familiar with a lot of the posters here. I had to make my own account when I noticed he has a bit of a reputation of being a horrible ass in the news threads so I didn't want to have that with me. It's irrelevant anyways because I already do post on gamefaqs, you can have more than one forum you post on about a game. If the game dies out after the forum is made it should just be demoted back down to a megathread. Nobody will be around to care.

- - - Updated - - -

Alright apparently this game is getting good word of mouth, a few friends who were dead set against have now bought it and are liking it. I need to make a guild for us, just wondering if you need to do that dumb thing of getting sigs for it or not.

Alright apparently this game is getting good word of mouth, a few friends who were dead set against have now bought it and are liking it. I need to make a guild for us, just wondering if you need to do that dumb thing of getting sigs for it or not.
    The good thing about games, especially MMOs is that you can have a hate campaign against a game but it can still do well. SWTOR had the biggest hate train in the history of MMOs and it is the most successful MMO in the West after WoW. Same thing with D3, massive hate campaign everywhere but it went on to sell 12 million copies in 2012. If ESO is good it will do well, if it sucks it won't. No amount of circle jerk or hate will change that.

ESO is not out of the woods yet, to me it still needs polish in terms of fixing the quest bugs and other things like how if you kick a player out of a group in the dungeon he still stays there. Hopefully they are working on the polish because it is important. My concern is they are too bogged down with the console launch coming in 2 months and Craglorn which should come in early May that they might ignore it. But we will see.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Prancing Minstrel View Post
    Oh god why isn't there a vote to kick option in dungeons. They can be difficult enough without fucking morons queuing as a tank in leather and dual wielding then wondering why the boss 1 hits them.
    I grouped with a guy who didn't know what a tank was. I saw a level 15 in a level 30 zone and thought it was a bot, but he was trying to get to Skyrim. A lot of MMOs bring in new players but I think ESO might have a lot of these people, a lot of Skyrim players in which ESO might be their first MMO.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharuko View Post
    The good thing about games, especially MMOs is that you can have a hate campaign against a game but it can still do well. SWTOR had the biggest hate train in the history of MMOs and it is the most successful MMO in the West after WoW. Same thing with D3, massive hate campaign everywhere but it went on to sell 12 million copies in 2012. If ESO is good it will do well, if it sucks it won't. No amount of circle jerk or hate will change that.

ESO is not out of the woods yet, to me it still needs polish in terms of fixing the quest bugs and other things like how if you kick a player out of a group in the dungeon he still stays there. Hopefully they are working on the polish because it is important. My concern is they are too bogged down with the console launch coming in 2 months and Craglorn which should come in early May that they might ignore it. But we will see.

- - - Updated - - -

I grouped with a guy who didn't know what a tank was. I saw a level 15 in a level 30 zone and thought it was a bot, but he was trying to get to Skyrim. A lot of MMOs bring in new players but I think ESO might have a lot of these people, a lot of Skyrim players in which ESO might be their first MMO.
    Let them be noobs, I wish I could remove every memory I have about how MMORPG's work just so I can feel like I the biggest baws in the world exploring shit again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Let them be noobs, I wish I could remove every memory I have about how MMORPG's work just so I can feel like I the biggest baws in the world exploring shit again.
    Hit your head against the wall a few times! That should cause SOMEKIND of amnesia ;p

Quote Originally Posted by Sharuko View Post
    hahahahaha omg

Yeah there's definitely a lot of first time online gamers. My favorite zone chat question so far is "How do I save my game?"

- - - Updated - - -

Also on the bot topic. Are there bots for the chests too? Like is it possible to make a script for lock picking? Curious because I think the treasure chest lock picking mini game is pretty cool and maybe that can be a fix for harvesting other materials.

Quote Originally Posted by Baza View Post
    I really like the game so far, but I have a problem with the storage space - I'm only level 18, but I have 2 mule alts and my bank is full - I have over 250 used bag slots, most of it is crafting materials that I want to use later and not to sell, but I want to do the questing first and then work on my professions, I can't do that right now. I wish I had like 10 times more bag space than now.
    Me too. The shared bank space is nice, unless you have alts who also craft. Then it's one big clusterf*ck.

Quote Originally Posted by kiurys View Post
    What aoe spells do sorcerers have at their disposal? Currently I have mages fury morphed into aoe explosion but that only applies when the mob dies. I also have crystal blast morphed into aoe but the aoe damage damage is insignificant. Do we have any aoe spells?
    Sorcs have incredible AoE. In addition to the two you mentioned, there's Daedric Curse, Shattering Prison (Encase morph), Daedric Minefield, Lightning Form, Lightning Splash, and let's not forget Overload, which you can keep up like 80% of the time if you're efficient. Especially if you morph it to Energy Overload, so you can use the ultimate to restore magicka, and use that magicka to restore ultimate. It's delicious.

Once you get high enough level and have all the passives for magicka costs and such, you will be an AoE grinding machine.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    hahahahaha omg

Yeah there's definitely a lot of first time online gamers. My favorite zone chat question so far is "How do I save my game?"

- - - Updated - - -

Also on the bot topic. Are there bots for the chests too? Like is it possible to make a script for lock picking? Curious because I think the treasure chest lock picking mini game is pretty cool and maybe that can be a fix for harvesting other materials.
    Whats wrong with trying to get to Skyrim in ESO? Both the Rift and Eastmarch are in game i believe
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I'd never compare him to Hitler, Hitler was actually well educated, and by all accounts pretty intelligent.