10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah. The begin of Ebonheart reminded me too much of Searing Gorge in WoW. So I avoided that faction.

And while I can see why people may get sick of the constant forests in AD, I am just awestruck at how nice everything looks. (Plus I liked playing a Bosmer in Skyrim.)

DC came in a close second to me as a starting faction, but I just felt it was a bit too "Standard Fantasy" to me. Still I am looking forward to playing through it sometime.

Deleted
    anyone always get stuck on loading screen into Cyrodil? ive not been able to enter it for a few days now just freezes and i gotta alt f4

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    anyone always get stuck on loading screen into Cyrodil? ive not been able to enter it for a few days now just freezes and i gotta alt f4
    For me it's just taking a long time. So far the longest is 8 minutes while the average is about 4 minutes.

I want to get the Daedric Curse ability from the Summoning tree (Sorcerer), however it is the 2nd active ability and I currently don't have a single point in that tree. Does that mean I must first get the 1st ability (Daedric Summoning?) so I could then get the ability I want?

Quote Originally Posted by Lane View Post
    I'm looking forward to the desert zones, those are my favorites. Deserts and beaches. I would totally live in Stros M'Kai.
    Can you find bitches in the desert?

Quote Originally Posted by kiurys View Post
    I want to get the Daedric Curse ability from the Summoning tree (Sorcerer), however it is the 2nd active ability and I currently don't have a single point in that tree. Does that mean I must first get the 1st ability (Daedric Summoning?) so I could then get the ability I want?
    Yeah put in a point and then put that skill on your bar. Eventually you'll level the tree up enough to get the skill you want. You don't have to use the skill to level it up but make sure it stays on the weapon bar you use the most.

Question, if I want to fill a tank or healer role (changes depending on mood)

Am I better off going with
    Brenton > Templar > Rstaff+1h/shield
    Imperial > Templar > Rstaff+1h/shield
    Benton > Dragonknight > Rstaff+1h/shield
    Imperial > Dragonknight > Rstaff+1h/shield

I guess what I am asking is, which role is most demanding of min/maxing? Healing or tanking?

Because benton Templar seems like a solid healer just as imperial dragonknight seems like a solid tank for foundations. I am wondering if I can mix bases in such a way that I can role swap or if I should just pick one archetype and use my weapon swap / second armor set to do the less demanding role.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

Cyrodiil loading is pretty bad right now on my campaign. I have heard its overall just bad. Like 30+ min only to get an "error" message bad.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Balazzar View Post
    Cyrodiil loading is pretty bad right now on my campaign. I have heard its overall just bad. Like 30+ min only to get an "error" message bad.
    I think that's why the shut down pvp for maintenance
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I'd never compare him to Hitler, Hitler was actually well educated, and by all accounts pretty intelligent.

Quote Originally Posted by Tierbook View Post
    I think that's why the shut down pvp for maintenance
    ???

We are taking a keep on my campaign...

Quote Originally Posted by Bardarian View Post

I guess what I am asking is, which role is most demanding of min/maxing? Healing or tanking?

Because benton Templar seems like a solid healer just as imperial dragonknight seems like a solid tank for foundations. I am wondering if I can mix bases in such a way that I can role swap or if I should just pick one archetype and use my weapon swap / second armor set to do the less demanding role.
    I picked Redguard Dragonknight. Redguard has the shield racials.

To answer your question, I'm not sure that either role is necessarily more demanding of min/maxing. I think all the races and classes are built in such a way to be viable without finding yourself in a WoW heroic raiding scenario of class stacking. The extra bonuses are nice depending on your class or race, but I don't think they are necessarily OP. My suggestion is pick out who you like best and kick ass.

10+ Year Old Account
    I feel like im missing something.... is there a quest after you end the planemeld?
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I'd never compare him to Hitler, Hitler was actually well educated, and by all accounts pretty intelligent.

Quote Originally Posted by Bardarian View Post

I think tanking in this game demands min/maxing the most. There are only two taunts in the game (one is in the 1h-shield skill, the other in the Undaunted skill), so grabbing aggro on multiple mobs is a challenge. DKs are naturally best at AOE tanking due to all great AOE skills.

So to answer your question: I think Imperial > Dragonknight > Rstaff+1h/shield is a bit better for tanking, and Breton > Templar > Rstaff+1h/shield is a bit better for healing
    When we looked at the relics of the precursors, we saw the height civilization can attain.
    When we looked at their ruins, we marked the danger of that height.
    - Keeper Annals

Quote Originally Posted by corebit View Post
    I think tanking in this game demands min/maxing the most. There are only two taunts in the game (one is in the 1h-shield skill, the other in the Undaunted skill), so grabbing aggro on multiple mobs is a challenge. DKs are naturally best at AOE tanking due to all great AOE skills.

So to answer your question: I think Imperial > Dragonknight > Rstaff+1h/shield is a bit better for tanking, and Breton > Templar > Rstaff+1h/shield is a bit better for healing
    That's the thing though, you're not really SUPPOSED to grab multiple mobs. As a tank your job is to grab the most dangerous mob and the dps and healer are supposed to handle the rest.

Quote Originally Posted by notorious98 View Post
    That's the thing though, you're not really SUPPOSED to grab multiple mobs. As a tank your job is to grab the most dangerous mob and the dps and healer are supposed to handle the rest.
    That may be the case with normal dungeons, but from what I heard from my guildmates all the VR dungeon mobs hit hard as hell. The tank needs to grab aggro from as many as he feasibly can, while DPS and healer need to CC and kite as much as possible to avoid getting squished.
    When we looked at the relics of the precursors, we saw the height civilization can attain.
    When we looked at their ruins, we marked the danger of that height.
    - Keeper Annals

Quote Originally Posted by notorious98 View Post
    Debatable. Tanks can grab multiple but you will get killed pretty quickly if you try to grab and hold them all. I try to grab about half on each trash pull. Templar Tank, Aedric Spear is good for getting agro at the beginning of a fight. And I'm using the charge with it morphed to damage everyone around it.

Ive now done every instanced dungeon in the game (but no veteran ones yet) and the last one (48-50) is easily the best. Lots of fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by xanzul View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by obdigore View Post
    So if the states get together and work with the Legislative Branch to write an amendment to the federal constitution, you think the Judiciary (SCOTUS) could strike it down for being 'unconstitutional'?
    Uh...yes. Absolutely.

Hmm... So CC as many as you can, tank the rest. That sounds like a lot of fun.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

Are there numbers available on the first week sales? Due to buying of mandatory month and abysmal Metacritic score (6,8) I have a feeling they are not faring well.

Update: they seem to solve a month issue... by removing support for every payment method other than a credit card. Ridiculous.

Last edited by Tackhisis; 2014-04-14 at 03:40 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tackhisis View Post
    Are there numbers available on the first week sales? Due to buying of mandatory month and abysmal Metacritic score (6,8) I have a feeling they are not faring well.

Update: they seem to solve a month issue... by removing support for every payment method other than a credit card. Ridiculous.

Meh thats pretty good score for a MMO that is getting so much hating from all sides, besides CATA had 5,3 and MOP has 4,6.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Balazzar View Post
    Dear god the "Chokethorn" boss in Elden Hollow is the "pre-nerf LFR Lei Shen" of this game for me right now. Tanks and dps almost always get nuked by his AoE 1-shot ability, nobody wants to kill the adds but me, and people have a hard time getting back when he lashes you.

Gonna just hope some RL friends pick up this game. Dying in these dungeons is like Cataclysm pugs lol.
    Just like the good old days.

Fingers crossed for zero nerfs.