GG NA, again...

The maintenance for the North American megaserver is taking a little longer than anticipated, and we expect the server to come back online no later than early this evening. We'll let you know when we have any updates. Thanks!
    Back to playing on EU then. :P
    "We must now recognize that the greatest threat of freedom for us all is if we go back to eating ourselves out from within." - John Anderson

10+ Year Old Account
    Back to playing on EU then. :P
    It said eu was going down like 10min ago so i logged out

Of course I always pick the wrong day to actually get things done in this game....

Yeah EU is down as well currently

Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    It said eu was going down like 10min ago so i logged out
    Boo. I'm still assuming it's going to be up before "early this evening" NA though, which is roughly about ~6+ hours from now.

EU doesn't seem to have the same and/or abundance of issues NA does.
    "We must now recognize that the greatest threat of freedom for us all is if we go back to eating ourselves out from within." - John Anderson

Quote Originally Posted by Lane View Post
    I'm really tired of this argument. I wish I could understand it, but I just don't. I actually like ESO more than Skyrim (once you've done the major quest chain stories in Skyrim it gets to be boring), but I never played the previous ES games. Maybe if I were a super hardcore, ES purist I would get it.
    Nah, you still wouldn't get it. Some people just like to complain for the sake of complaining. They made this as much an Elder Scrolls game as any MMO can be.
    Many things that's unique to Elder Scrolls games isn't just possible in an MMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Lane View Post
    I'm really tired of this argument. I wish I could understand it, but I just don't. I actually like ESO more than Skyrim (once you've done the major quest chain stories in Skyrim it gets to be boring), but I never played the previous ES games. Maybe if I were a super hardcore, ES purist I would get it.
    It really depends what type of purist though. Because it seems like most of the lore people (surprisingly) are on the side of the game (not all but most). I have even seen comments saying things like "TESO is the best thing to happen to Elder Scrolls lore since Morrowind. Maybe ever. It is detailed, varied, and comprehensive on a grand scale."

http://www.reddit.com/r/teslore/comm...online_having/
    http://www.reddit.com/r/teslore/comm...crolls_online/
    http://www.reddit.com/r/teslore/comm...oncerning_eso/
    http://www.reddit.com/r/teslore/comm...e_things_that/

10+ Year Old Account
    Many things that's unique to Elder Scrolls games isn't just possible in an MMO.
    That's probably my biggest issue with eso, but as you said it wouldn't be possible to include the things i enjoyed in skyrim in an mmo so I'm just living with what it is and enjoying questing :s

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by HAcoreRD View Post
    also, anyone else have it where closing map/loot menu leaves the cursor on screen instead of crosshairs, forcing you to relog?
    /reloadui also fixes it.

Quote Originally Posted by Anarch the Conqueror View Post
    Anyone else amused that Blizzard announced that most quests won't have a storyline or questtext anymore in WoD? It'll just be a yellow question mark above a textless and voiceless NPC you right click who gives you a "Kill 0/15 boars" quest without any other explanation. Only the main questline will have questtext.

It shows to me how opposite the design direction of ESO and WoW is.
    Except that is for bonus objectives for quests only. All quests will be accompanied with text and story/reasons.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarch the Conqueror View Post
    And that isn't correct either. I've actually been surprised by some of the quests I had to do so far. The detective/interrogation quests, and one of my favourite so far is a stealthy hunting-a-prey quest in Valenwood, where you had to really look hard to find tracks which eventually after a lot of searching would lead you to the prey you were hunting.
    which is - reduced to the rudimentary tasks you perform while completing this quest - talking/reading, picking up items and killing.

He's not wrong, but there's a difference between "Bring me 20 boar livers" and "Investigate the murder of XYZ" that leads to a huge multi-step questline with twists and real story-telling and voice-overs.

Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    Isn't that what journalism is anyway? :P
    No. Journalism is fact-finding ... what you mean is blogging or in ye olde days of newspapers a commentary or whatever this is called

I cant choose what to do. To my understanding once you complete the main questline, you get to go to do other faction zones, right? Now here is the problem. I'm not certain I want to do them on my current main character. I'd like to do them with a new character starting at with those factions. Yet I wouldt exactly want to do them again with my main... so far one compromise is to start a new character and do that faction and then have main go trough the remaining faction with a hope that it takes long enough to not feel like i was doing same zone with two different characters "at the same time".

Though, I hear the main quest is bugged right at the end and it cant be completed atm.

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    anyone know if it makes any difference to what skills you take up while leveling your characters?, is there any options to reset them

10+ Year Old Account
    About the whole review thing...

I've truly never seen a review that wasn't 90% opinion. Generally it ends up looking like this:

This guy said something negative, I don't agree with it, therefore I'm angry that he's stating his opinion! That or he just doesn't get it or understand the problem. Orrrr that he's just being petty and can't see past it.

This guy said something positive, I don't agree with it, therefore he must be a fanboy/doesn't understand what's actually wrong with it!

This guy said something negative, I agree with it, therefore we both must be correct.

This guy said something positive, I agree with it, therefore we both must be correct.

This happens a lot not just on MMO's but when we're even in here talking about the game.

"Hey guys, I'm hitting terrible lag spikes, this is just terrible"

Guy with lag: I KNOW THIS IS RIDICULOUS. I CAN'T EVEN STAY ON FOR 20 MIN.
    Guy without lag: I don't know what ya'lls problem is, I'm not having any issues on my end. Maybe you need a better computer/internet connection/graphics card/etc.

I personally don't think that ESO, specifically, can be looked at completely objectively. I don't think most MMO's can be tbqh. We all compare them to other games, be it other MMO's or other games in that series.

Hell, I've seen people get upset about differences between WoW and Warcraft games, and not even the obvious difference. Differences like lore, or spells, or random little things.

I can't say that there's anything in this game that strikes me as awe-inspiring. It feels like exactly what it is, elder scrolls crossed with MMO standards. Don't get me wrong, I love the game, but if I was to do a review, it would be less than grand due to the fact that, to me, it feels like an ES game, with some other people that I remember aren't NPC's sometimes. The games not bad by any means, but I can't say it would ever be next gen-MMO because... it just doesn't feel like an MMO to me.
    Last edited by Tazila; 2014-04-15 at 04:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wipeout View Post
    anyone know if it makes any difference to what skills you take up while leveling your characters?, is there any options to reset them
    Yes there are shrines to reset attribute points and skill points. Costs 100 gold per skill point, I don't know how much for attributes. But the shrines are located in major hubs in certain zones. I know the Ebonheart pacts is in Mournhold, in the giant castle in middle next to the bank.

I think a quick google search will yield you with the other two factions shrine locations

And no, you can customize your class to your liking, there is no "right way" for leveling. When it comes to end game when adventures come out and veteran content, then you might need to change.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by HAcoreRD View Post
    i'm in love with this game. my only gripes are: i notice players...or botters using teleport "hacks" already. i reported a handful already, but very tedious. also it's annoying to ignore players.

also, anyone else have it where closing map/loot menu leaves the cursor on screen instead of crosshairs, forcing you to relog?
    The only stuff that pisses me off is how poorly they are handling gold selling, hackers and botters. There is simply no excuse for shit like this...not 2 weeks into the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarac View Post
    The only stuff that pisses me off is how poorly they are handling gold selling, hackers and botters. There is simply no excuse for shit like this...not 2 weeks into the game.
    I literally have only gotten 3 mail messages about selling in game gold and I just reported them all. I never see spam about selling gold. But then again, day 1 I picked up the addon that blocks spammy and annoying messages in chat.

Deleted
    On the topic of journalism ... the guy over at IGN does a really good job ...

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/03/...-online-review

Editor's Note: Reviewing an MMORPG is a big job that can take weeks to complete. Our final score will be awarded at that time, once we've put in enough time to get a sense of The Elder Scrolls Online's true strengths and weaknesses. In the meantime, our intrepid reviewer Leif Johnson will update you regularly on his progress, giving impressions on various aspects and events along the way.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Nye the Spy View Post
    I literally have only gotten 3 mail messages about selling in game gold and I just reported them all. I never see spam about selling gold. But then again, day 1 I picked up the addon that blocks spammy and annoying messages in chat.
    I would too if the addon would work for me. Get 3-4 mails a day and chat is flooded with it. Makes selling crap also harder. Yesterday I had to relog 5 times and spending 10 mins trying to find a instance chard for a dungeon where bots wouldn't instagib the boss so I could get my dungeon done...it's fucking ridiculus.

Quote Originally Posted by Tazila View Post
    I can't say that there's anything in this game that strikes me as awe-inspiring. It feels like exactly what it is, elder scrolls crossed with MMO standards. Don't get me wrong, I love the game, but if I was to do a review, it would be less than grand due to the fact that, to me, it feels like an ES game, with some other people that I remember aren't NPC's sometimes.
    ESO doesn't throw a lot of fluff at you. The game is more of a immersive MMO experience. A lot of design choices like limited bag /bank space can be very annoying, but they are designed for the games longevity. So if a person or reviewer plays the game for a week or two, they will be annoyed with the game. But if you look at it long terms, those are minor issues.

ESO feels a lot like WoW at least when I played a lot back in BC and WotLK, can anyone name a lot of "fun" experiences they had? I am sure there are spurts here and there but the vast majority of the time was not exciting or fun, but people kept playing. My fondest memories of WoW are the most annoying ones like my Night Elf running to Ironforge and getting killed by Crocs over and over and over again.