Quote Originally Posted by jonte912 View Post
    it will be awesome if it's elderscrolls combat.

if it's WoW combat.............. please, just don't
    Elder Scrolls combat is fucking horrible. It's fun, but there's no skill cap at all. If you don't realize this, you need to turn on the game again.

OT: Do not like this. Would prefer if they focused more on their RPGs...

Make it Daggerfall big.

if anyone wants all the scans from Game Informer just send me a PM

10+ Year Old Account
    It not so much the Wow combat that would jade me its more how they would handle the world /ui playstyle
    if they take the path of The old republic it would be a pass for me.
    Should be interesting to see how it devolops regardless
    If everything I do is wrong then by god ill do it right

Holy crap. Well this was one of my two most anticipated worlds to explore as an MMO. This an the world in a Song of Ice and Fire... (Game of Thrones). Good to see more MMOs are hitting the market but I need to wait for a Mac one.

Quote Originally Posted by Strah View Post
    Not saying Wow combat is any good, but TES one is pretty damn primitive. Just compare it to similar-fashioned witcher/witcher 2.
    The TES combat system was awesome in my eyes because it let you do some pretty stupid, and down right ridiculous shit. killing people by leaving "cursed" weapons around a room and disarming them, or removing all a bases traps and re-arming them around random patrol paths. Hell simply using the high ground and fall damage to kill enemies.

Sure the games all can break down into simple scenarios, but even a random fight with a pack of wolves can trump about 90% of all WoW's (non pvp) fights in terms of complexity.

Quote Originally Posted by mickybrighteyes View Post
    The TES combat system was awesome in my eyes because it let you do some pretty stupid, and down right ridiculous shit. killing people by leaving "cursed" weapons around a room and disarming them, or removing all a bases traps and re-arming them around random patrol paths. Hell simply using the high ground and fall damage to kill enemies.

Sure the games all can break down into simple scenarios, but even a random fight with a pack of wolves can trump about 90% of all WoW's (non pvp) fights in terms of complexity.
    The first paragraph hasn't got anything to do with the combat system.

TES combat is okay for a single-player game where you go block-hit-block-hit or just utilize your weapon's range or whatever. PVP'ing with this system? Thanks, but no thanks, it's going to take ages, and it's going to be extremely annoying with all those staggering blocks and shit.

Screenshots:

Quote Originally Posted by Strah View Post
    TES combat is okay for a single-player game where you go block-hit-block-hit or just utilize your weapon's range or whatever. PVP'ing with this system? Thanks, but no thanks, it's going to take ages, and it's going to be extremely annoying with all those staggering blocks and shit.
    It's far more enjoyable than /hit (repeat) interupted by <error> "not in range/los/can't do that while <insert CC>

Also, I find that it is part of combat mechanics when the actual combat includes more than just utilizing a skill while in range of a target (i.e. Map awareness).

This has to be a new record for best ever to unwanted WoW clone ever, less that 12 hours lmao and well deserved judging by the leaked article...

MMO Devs, BE ORIGINAL, so that your game is not old before it releases! The idea of a AAA WoW clone would have been cool 4 years ago.. It's way too late for that now.

Plus they are using the infamous single thread dx9 Hero Engine...

It seems the combat will be slightly like Diablo, according to the leaks you can have like 6 hotbar abilities, 2 of wichs are based on your weapon and you can't change these in combat

What really disturbs me however is the way they portray the classes. Being able to choose your class as you play has been a real building block of the whole TES series. So if you now have to pick class at the character selection screen.. yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by Flimsy View Post

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/featur...ls-online.aspx

So after lots of speculation its finally been revealed, not much information as yet apart from the 3 playable factions, public dungeons and world PvP but expect more in the upcoming days and a full feature in June's GameInformer, I cant wait to see what they have planned for it.

A quote from the games director Matt Firor : “We have been working hard to create an online world in which players will be able to experience the epic Elder Scrolls universe with their friends, something fans have long said they wanted, It will be extremely rewarding finally to unveil what we have been developing the last several years. The entire team is committed to creating the best MMO ever made – and one that is worthy of The Elder Scrolls franchise.”
    Just announced? Great, can't wait to wait.
    Last edited by Northy; 2012-05-04 at 02:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TonyIommi View Post
    I'm sorry but people are totally fucking ignorant. The current engine being used in Star Wars the Old republic has been gutted and modified so much that the comparison to the hero engine is roughly akin to comparing an ape to a man. Even if you do that comparison the version of the hero engine that was used to make the swtor engine was EARLY and according to the hero engine developer BW hasn't had a code drop off from the hero guys for like 3-4 years. The hero engine has been vastly improved since it's early days. Continue to prattle on about shit you know nothing about though.
    But it's still single thread dx9....

---------- Post added 2012-05-04 at 02:50 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Mistgard View Post
    What really disturbs me however is the way they portray the classes. Being able to choose your class as you play has been a real building block of the whole TES series. So if you now have to pick class at the character selection screen.. yeah.
    Gogo TSW!!!
    Last edited by bcbully; 2012-05-04 at 03:24 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    i suppose it all depends on timeing... the fact that skyrim took, idk 7 years?, to make should tell you this wont be out in the forseeable future and by then the face of gaming will have changed. With the number of people paying for wow steadily dropping to a point now at 10mil i think that by the time the TES mmo comes out WoW will be realitivly burned out assuming the hone the game to skyrim lvls of awsomeness at least.

15+ Year Old Account
    DO NOT WANT!!!!!!

Not every game needs to be an MMO, the best part about TES is that it is single player
    Theron/Bloodwatcher 2013!

Quote Originally Posted by Alsompr View Post
    Teasing, misdirection. It's the opposite of a spoiler. People expect one thing? BAM! Another thing happens.

I'm like M. Night fucking Shamylan.

Hope it will be a first person MMO.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    Ugh wish they just made it co-op instead since we're not ready for a TES MMO. This could either be the greatest MMO ever made or the worst, I hope they are being original with this instead of copying WoW or SWTOR combat style etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jakexe View Post
    No, no, no ,no no.

Please can we just have one game that doesn't have to be/ have multiplayer.
    this. i LOVE the elder scrolls series but i really dont think it needs to be an MMO.

I wish they would have just gone with making a PVP addition to Skyrim. How fucking epic would that be!?!? Fantasy COD!

Quote Originally Posted by Tierbook View Post
    i suppose it all depends on timeing... the fact that skyrim took, idk 7 years?, to make should tell you this wont be out in the forseeable future and by then the face of gaming will have changed. With the number of people paying for wow steadily dropping to a point now at 10mil i think that by the time the TES mmo comes out WoW will be realitivly burned out assuming the hone the game to skyrim lvls of awsomeness at least.
    This is the part where you realize they already have said their set release date is 2013.