Quote Originally Posted by wombinator04 View Post
    No fun allowed. Yet a thread dedicated to jacking off to MLP is allowed.

Anyways, I want to see how ranged combat works out. Is it like WoW where projectiles are locked on automaticly? Only thing I know so far is that there's going to be unlimited ammo.
    Hope not, that really takes out any enjoyment I find in playing a ranged character. Having to manually aim + slower projectile is what I prefer, like in Skyrim.

There are crosshairs for a reason; pretty sure there's aiming.

Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    There are crosshairs for a reason; pretty sure there's aiming.
    This is what I am betting on as well.
    They said crosshairs. I can officially begin to hype myself a little.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

That'd be great if you have to aim. Then I might actually play a ranged. I find ranged in WoW and such boring because you don't have to aim most abilities.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by papajohn4 View Post
    hehe right . ZOS does not have an EA behind them to push them and they have the 100% control of their product. I said that in previous posts that is a huge plus for the game.
    But then again ... Skyrim (and Oblivion, Morrowind,...) were pretty bug-infested when they shipped

Ranged Combat works like this. You fire in the direction you face, If you have say 2 mobs standing in a line and you want to hit the one in the back you can target the one in the back and shoot through the one standing in front, one if front wont get hit one in the back will, You still need to be aiming at the one in the back however.

As for the speed of your attacks, Holding the mouse button down will net you a stronger attack that consumes stamina, rapidly pressing the button will yield weaker attacks that consume no stamina.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grantji View Post
    But then again ... Skyrim (and Oblivion, Morrowind,...) were pretty bug-infested when they shipped
    That's why I'm glad Bethesda isn't developing ESO lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeek Daniels View Post
    Ranged Combat works like this. You fire in the direction you face, If you have say 2 mobs standing in a line and you want to hit the one in the back you can target the one in the back and shoot through the one standing in front, one if front wont get hit one in the back will, You still need to be aiming at the one in the back however.

As for the speed of your attacks, Holding the mouse button down will net you a stronger attack that consumes stamina, rapidly pressing the button will yield weaker attacks that consume no stamina.
    Wait, what?

So my arrows will go through people? That's going to be hellish for healers in pvp. A tank should be able to meat wall for a healer.
    Also, how would that work with a cross hair if they are in a line? My cross hair would still be pointed at the one in front... Are you saying they have tab targeting rather than action combat?

Quote Originally Posted by Murphlord View Post
    That's why I'm glad Bethesda isn't developing ESO lol.
    Kind of a double edged sword with that though. Yeah probably won't be as buggy but then it won't be nearly as like an elder scrolls game either.

Bugs are pretty much a hallmark of ES games (really, Bethesda games) by now. The only ones I've experienced are pretty damn funny (see: dragons flying backwards in Skyrim), and I've yet to see any bugs that are completely game-breaking that people have reported (now that I've said that Skyrim is going to crash and corrupt all my saves)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Barana View Post
    Bugs are pretty much a hallmark of ES games (really, Bethesda games) by now. The only ones I've experienced are pretty damn funny (see: dragons flying backwards in Skyrim), and I've yet to see any bugs that are completely game-breaking that people have reported (now that I've said that Skyrim is going to crash and corrupt all my saves)
    Well, bugs being a constant with a dev's game isn't a good thing no matter how consistently buggy they are.

PS3 Skyrim begs to differ.
    6MB save file save corrupts and inability to play, memory leak till crash, walk into water and lag to hell and can't do anything basically. Probably forgot some other ones.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Barana View Post
    Dunno, but i've encountered a lot of game-breaking bugs, especially when the game was fresh released in '11. Including crashes, corrupted save files and progress-blocking bugs.

Quote Originally Posted by Goosie View Post
    Hope not, that really takes out any enjoyment I find in playing a ranged character. Having to manually aim + slower projectile is what I prefer, like in Skyrim.
    in skyrim you know what they're going to do and nobody is hunting you, in a game with other people you'd NEVER be useful as ranged. melee would dominate. without fast projectiles and headshots, ranged NEEDS target locking to be useful

---------- Post added 2013-03-26 at 01:52 PM ----------

Dunno, but i've encountered a lot of game-breaking bugs, especially when the game was fresh released in '11. Including crashes, corrupted save files and progress-blocking bugs.
    the game is full of bugs still to this day. if not for modders, the games would never have gotten this far, they're poorly made as far as that goes. that's why i was personally HAPPY that bugthesda wasn't making the MMO.

but not in a way that can break a game or have major features missing from the game there is no way a game can be bug free from the very start. But it huge different if the game is bugged to a point that is not playable(conan,swtor) than have some small bugs you can ignore for a while until they get fixed. In star wars for example I have lost some mails I send to my alts and the official answer was that they cannot do anything..although I didn't dropped it cause as I said I am veryy patient with bugs
    The trick of selling a FFA-PvP MMO is creating the illusion among gankers that they are respectable fighters while protecting them from respectable fights, as their less skilled half would be massacred and quit instead of “HTFU” as they claim.

Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    Kind of a double edged sword with that though. Yeah probably won't be as buggy but then it won't be nearly as like an elder scrolls game either.
    you act like ZOS is a separate company. they're part of the company that has produced every TES game since morrowind. they helped create TES

this idea is so stupid and it's all the haters have

Quote Originally Posted by blackyfrost View Post
    fast projectiles and headshots
    A good compromise between the TES franchise and the demands of an MMO.

Deleted
    I bought Skyrim 2 days after release and the only bug i had was the giants blasting you to space, but that was pretty awesome Oblivion on the other hand was a disaster. The german version wasnt even fully translated, the healing skill you start with was called "Fireball" instead of "Leichte Wundheilung" (or something like that).

Quote Originally Posted by papajohn4 View Post
    but not in a way that can break a game or have major features missing from the game there is no way a game can be bug free from the very start. But it huge different if the game is bugged to a point that is not playable(conan,swtor) than have some small bugs you can ignore for a while until they get fixed. In star wars for example I have lost some mails I send to my alts and the official answer was that they cannot do anything..although I didn't dropped it cause as I said I am veryy patient with bugs
    there have been around 1700 bugs fixed by modders in skyrim. oblivion/morrowind were the same. it was a bug fix that allowed people to use more than 2mb of memory, it was a bug fix that kept mark of death from letting you 1 shot dragons and ruining your followers and any other NPC you accidentally hit. it was bug fixes that fixed a lot of crashes due to bloated game save files.

bugs are fine, bethesda games are totally broken at launch though.

---------- Post added 2013-03-26 at 01:57 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by hk-51 View Post
    A good compromise between the TES franchise and the demands of an MMO.
    the good compromise is target locking. otherwise, you're gimped when the guy in plate blocks your arrows and smashes your face

---------- Post added 2013-03-26 at 01:58 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Comburo View Post
    I bought Skyrim 2 days after release and the only bug i had was the giants blasting you to space, but that was pretty awesome Oblivion on the other hand was a disaster. The german version wasnt even fully translated, the healing skill you start with was called "Fireball" instead of "Leichte Wundheilung" (or something like that).
    no, you had a ton of bugs whether you realized it or not. to this day, a lot of bugs that were in at launch are still fixed only by modders, bugthesda still hasn't addressed them

Quote Originally Posted by blackyfrost View Post
    otherwise, you're gimped when the guy in plate blocks your arrows and smashes your face
    That's the price you pay for having an additional 30 something yards of reach.

What i hate about WoW is that i can't give my best for a 48h period of time non stop to get gear and start raiding. NO! I shall wait every day for new dailies.

Back in the days when I played ragnarok if someone asked "I need a new sage for the War of emperium, can you do it?" I wouldn't stop till I grinded enough for it.