At least we can go there and explore it, but it still sucks that we cant even see the players :/

10+ Year Old Account
    New video posted on Twitter today showing a sneak peek of Coldharbour and a bit of story behind it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DlJOPoXUiko

Personally I think it looks great so far. Love the ambiance that this is a truly twisted version of Nirn.

Quote Originally Posted by Zanag View Post
    New video posted on Twitter today showing a sneak peek of Coldharbour and a bit of story behind it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DlJOPoXUiko

Personally I think it looks great so far. Love the ambiance that this is a truly twisted version of Nirn.
    It's OK. It doesn't quite look right. The minions look too much like demons. There's no sludge under foot or fire in the sky.

As someone on a different forum said, it looks more like a cold version of hell instead of a plane of Oblivion.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tabbycat View Post
    As someone on a different forum said, it looks more like a cold version of hell instead of a plane of Oblivion.
    Its called COLDharbour, what did you expect?
    But seriously though, it looks fucking amazing!
    Even got an E-Mail from teso with that video. Stupid bastards, for a few seconds i thought i got a beta invite and screamed my roommate awake, when i realised i was pissed for the rest of the week

I CANT TAKE IT ANYMORE! IM SO BORED! I NEED TESO NOOOOOOOOOOOWWW!

I'm playing Neverwinter atm to drown out my boredom. It's ok, but it has a crap load of problems.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wombinator04 View Post
    I CANT TAKE IT ANYMORE! IM SO BORED! I NEED TESO NOOOOOOOOOOOWWW!

I'm playing Neverwinter atm to drown out my boredom. It's ok, but it has a crap load of problems.
    Yeah, I agree. Neverwinter, even if it's a beta, still has some glaring problems that I doubt will change enough for release, or at all.

I'm putting my hopes in TESO.

Quote Originally Posted by Comburo View Post
    Its called COLDharbour, what did you expect?
    But seriously though, it looks fucking amazing!
    Even got an E-Mail from teso with that video. Stupid bastards, for a few seconds i thought i got a beta invite and screamed my roommate awake, when i realised i was pissed for the rest of the week
    From the UESP wiki:

Coldharbour is a realm of Oblivion created and ruled over by Molag Bal, the Daedric Prince of Domination. It contains an apocalyptic version of Nirn; the sky is on fire, the ground is a barely-traversable sludge, and the realm is filled with ancient, blackened ruins. A defiled copy of the White Gold Tower exists, splattered with blood and excrement.[1]

The realm is desolate and barren, filled with suffering. It is unnaturally cold, even with magical resistance.[1] The air assaults the senses, changing rapidly from rancid death to sweet flowered perfume.[2]
    Compare what you saw with the lore quoted above. I put it in the same category as Cyrodiil not being a jungle pre-Septim and buildings in Summerset Isles not made of insect wings and glass.

Yes, ESO will be amazing. But there will be some things that just bug the heck out of us lore nerds.
    Last edited by Tabbycat; 2013-05-04 at 04:22 PM.

it doesn't look like the lore says, but man does it look cool as fuck. i'm kinda glad it's different from the lore version.... cause i don't really want to see a tower of shit and blood. those minions are corrupted spriggans and fire daedra, just like the real spriggans and daedra you'd find roaming nirn. i think that's awesome lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think if the entire zone was covered in barely-traversable sludge nobody would want to go there. :P

You guys are probably right but you gotta admit a fiery sky would be awesome.

Deleted
    That it would, in TES:Oblivion, whenever you were standing near an Oblivion Gate the sky was fiery and red, that would look awesome as hell, but a some sort of cold, blue fire would work just as well going by looks only.

I was just thinking how great it would be if the NPC's reacted to their environment. Like in Morrowind in Ald'Ruhn when a dust storm would kick up, the NPC's (and your character too) would put their hand in front of their face to shield their eyes. Sometimes it's the little things like that that make a game stand out.

Man I hope dynamic weather is in the game. The zones are instanced right? If they are there's no reason why there shouldn't be dynamic weather.

AND DAY/NIGHT CYCLE. That's a very important thing to me. LOTRO did it perfectly. GW2 kind of half assed it.

day and night cycle and dynamic weather are VERY important imo. sand storms in hammerfell, thunder storms in cyrodiil, blizzards in skyrim <3<3<3

Deleted
    The one thing I loved about WoW was the Day/Night cycles... Until they botched that up. Bad move in my opinion, took some Character out of WoW that did

Day and night cycles are in. I think they said one day/night cycle on Nirn was equivalent to 8 earth hours.

Screenshots of night time: http://elderscrollsonline.com/en/media/screenshots/543
    http://elderscrollsonline.com/en/media/screenshots/547
    http://elderscrollsonline.com/en/media/screenshots/347
    http://elderscrollsonline.com/en/media/screenshots/323

If I'm not mistaken, that's Masser in the last screenshot.
    The night sky wouldn't be complete without Masser and Secunda.

dayuuuuuuuum.... that's one fugly nord in that second screenshot rofl

Awesome then. But it needs to be a tad bit darker. LOTRO's night time is SO dark lol. Its amazing

Here's an example of LOTRO's day night cycle:

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcstunner View Post
    dayuuuuuuuum.... that's one fugly nord in that second screenshot rofl
    2/10

Would not bang.

OMG... lotro's night is amazing lol. i would kill for night to be like that in every other game xD