Quote Originally Posted by lakhesis View Post
    Oh lordy.. why does half of the discussion of any new MMO turn into a never-ending debate on payment models? It's not like large numbers of people will ever play a game with crap gameplay but the Perfect Payment Model(tm).

Shifted from above average to an excellent when I clicked the "agree to non-disclosure" button lol

Hoping that not being a US/EU player doesn't immediately invalidate me =\
    Don't worry, it starts with the payment model to soon shift towards the "vs WoW" discussion.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Klog View Post
    I hope it's wildly successful, but I thought GW2 was going to be as well and I barely play it. My last two hopes are ESO and EQ3!!!!!!
    More mmo's come out every year. There's still plenty of hope to be had.

Quote Originally Posted by slozon View Post
    Where are you getting this from? I will hardly look at F2P games. I will check out a sub game long before I will touch a F2P game.
    Theres alot more F2P players than Sub players. You get a bigger market with F2P. ESO should definitely go the GW2 route of B2P with a store. If they go P2P this is what will happen. They will sell 2 mil copies (because thats the trend for big name MMO's being sold in the NA/EU market) in the first week. When they post the first amount of subs they will have like 1.8 mil with like 2.3 mil copies sold. And all the forum posters will say the game failed blah blah blah and will say WoW has 10 mil subs its the greatest blah blah blah because WoW includes its Asian market in its sub totals and every new mmo that gets released is NA/EU.

MoP sold what 3.2 mil copies in the first week? Thats the majority of your NA/EU playerbase right there. And that is the number you should be comparing new MMO's to. Not 10 mil, not 12 mil, not 9.7 mil but 3.2 mil.

And if GW2 sold 3 mil copies in a few months since launch that is a good thing especially since they are rolling out Asian versions this year so u can expect that number to double. ESO Should expect a similar turn out in the NA/EU market where they are only gonna get around 2 mil players initially. If they want to boost big numbers they need to sell in the asian market and do what blizz does. Rely on the Asian market for huge numbers and rely on NA/EU markets for huge profits.

Although with F2P both markets will net huge profits.

Bottom line is no MMO other than WoW has been able to generate quality gameplay. All of these games can promise so many secondary and tertiary aspects but when it comes down to it, they all fail miserably in the combat department. This game will likely be no different from what I can tell looking at the in-game videos on youtube.

Got me an Excellent yeeeeeaaaaaaaahhhhhh, im actually looking forward to this game judging by what ive heard the combat is like normal Elder Scrolls Combat. I just hope that besides joinging a regular guild with friends, you can do the quest lines to be in say the thieves guild or dark brotherhood

Quote Originally Posted by JhanZ View Post
    Bottom line is no MMO other than WoW has been able to generate quality gameplay.
    That really is a bunch of nonsense. It is your opinion only. There are numerous mmos that have quality gameplay.

Signed up for beta. Got Excellent. Watched the new cinematic trailer. Super excited.

Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    That really is a bunch of nonsense. It is your opinion only. There are numerous mmos that have quality gameplay.
    Now THAT is a bunch of nonsense. It's my and millions of other people's opinions because these games have all experienced mass exoduses after they launched. Stop pretending like it's a personal matter for me. If these games were actually fun and provided what was needed they wouldn't have died out or gone F2P. Or at the very least returned to obscurity.

The fact is WoW is simply far superior to any other MMO on the market or coming in the near future. Nobody who's not a fanboy would try to dispute that. Do I wish quality MMOs came out other than WoW? Certainly. Hasn't happened yet.

Now THAT is a bunch of nonsense. It's my and millions of other people's opinions because these games have all experienced mass exoduses after they launched. Stop pretending like it's a personal matter for me. If these games were actually fun and provided what was needed they wouldn't have died out or gone F2P. Or at the very least returned to obscurity.

The fact is WoW is simply far superior to any other MMO on the market or coming in the near future. Nobody who's not a fanboy would try to dispute that. Do I wish quality MMOs came out other than WoW? Certainly. Hasn't happened yet.
    Just because he said its your opinion doens't mean others don't agree with your opinion.

However you are spouting your opinion as fact, which is only going to be true for you and those who agree with you. Just because an MMO goes f2p doesn't mean it won't give quality gameplay. Aion still does major content patches, TERA is soon to be F2P and release new dungeons and raids. GW2 is B2P with monthly content patches.

Everquest is still releasing expansions (everquest next). Rift pushes more content out then WoW currently, still on subscription and had their first expasnion after a little over a year of release.
    Last edited by zito; 2013-01-22 at 08:13 PM.

The fact is WoW is simply far superior Nobody who's not a fanboy would try to dispute that. .
    Yeah. Pot meet kettle

I thought you automaticly got excellent if you filled out everything?

Anyway, the new trailer looked badass, I loved the Assassin guy, almost how I play my character in Skyrim!

So, anyone chosen their alliance yet? I'm having a hard time choosing between Ebonheart Pack for the Nord race, or Aldmeri Dominion for their more stealthy races.

10+ Year Old Account

Umm... that is your opinion. One's like or dislike is always their opinion.

To take from someone, "WoW is good for the same reason McDonald is. It's consistent and reliable, doesn't make it top quality".

Also don't say about fanboyism when emitting the same quality.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kapaya View Post
    I thought you automaticly got excellent if you filled out everything?
    Seems like it, I forgot one section and I got 'above average'. =\

I filled out everything except the guild thing... got average

QQ

Only thing I didn't fill out was a guild website, got above average

10+ Year Old Account
    Hopefully they will look at how people answered the questionaire before deciding rather than just inviting anyone that got an excellent rating. Think it said invites would be sent out within 48 hours, so wel know soon enough

10+ Year Old Account
    Kinda horrible that people are JUST hearing about this now.. when it's been in the works for years.. lol Hell i pre-ordered this in July last year... Read into it a bit more before judging people. Sheesh.

Quote Originally Posted by hiragana View Post
    Hopefully they will look at how people answered the questionaire before deciding rather than just inviting anyone that got an excellent rating. Think it said invites would be sent out within 48 hours, so wel know soon enough
    confirmation email within 48 hours.

Well WoW is more of an outlier for how big an MMO's population and big numbers doesn't automatically make it the "best", as that differs from person to person. Personally I think there is a lot of good MMO's out there and Rift now being my favorite but I played WoW for a long ass time and enjoyed and I'm by no means saying it's bad.

OT: I signed up and got above average :P good luck to everyone who signed up!

10+ Year Old Account
    If you get invited, violate the NDA so you can be in the same boat as the non invited.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by hiragana View Post
    Wasn't that just the confirmation e-mail?