Quote Originally Posted by Beats Per Minute View Post
    Now i just gotta make a decision on what i want as a main character, Nightblade or Dragonknight. Both equally cool and bursty classes, at least from my experience to level 12 on both classes.
    Got to lvl 15 on my Nightblade, got frustrated with being too damn squishy in the dungeons for the amount of aggro I was generating via aoe spam (which I had to do in order to keep mobs off the healer). Long story short, switched over to all heavy armor and a shield for levels 15 to 17 and everything went much smoother in solo and group play. Should've gone Heavy from level 1 to get the all the passive bonuses. Will be doing that for live.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    why do buildings have that mini loading screen? they aren't instanced or anything, so why the black screen when going in/out of buildings?
    Because they aren't loaded till you enter them. When you are outside the building, the interior of said building is only loaded into RAM. When you enter the building, the black screen is when that interior is being moved from RAM to your video RAM and the outdoors is being flushed from your video RAM into your RAM. And vice versa. This is actually done to prevent loading screens. And if the black fade out/in wasn't there, you would open the door and see nothingness being quickly replaced by contents.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Houyi View Post
    a bed of their own choosing. First promise 100% of content for sub, then add CE paywall for race, then say it will be in cashshop......

And wonder why no one believes them when they say they wont sell other things......

If you've shown yourself untrustworthy, dont be surprised if no one trusts you.

(terms noone etc do not imply I speak for everyone, just a figure of speach for you over picky pedants).
    So... if they didn't have the "regular" edition and the imperial edition, if the game cost 80 euros/dollars and came with imperial edition bonus... it would be a great game? Thats it? Thats whats upsetting you? Cuz if its just that, you can imagine the "regular" edition is just a demo and the imperial edition is the full game (using your own line of thought. I personally disagree with it) and enjoy a great game. A LOT of the people that are going to play the game, don't care if there is a payshop (which they clearly stated there wont be).

If you have more things that you disagree with, ill save you time and lay it out in the clear: NOBODY (including the Devs) cares what you think about the game or the reasons why you aren't buying/playing the game. The game is NOT going to change, based on the opinion on the forums. Haven't you learned from the past experiences?

(when i say "you" i don't mean "you" personally. I mean "you morons who keep coming back to a game thread when you definitely are NOT going to play the game, because you wanted it free or because its different than you imagined/wanted")

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Malbabo View Post
    So... if they didn't have the "regular" edition and the imperial edition, if the game cost 80 euros/dollars and came with imperial edition bonus... it would be a great game? Thats it? Thats whats upsetting you? Cuz if its just that, you can imagine the "regular" edition is just a demo and the imperial edition is the full game (using your own line of thought. I personally disagree with it) and enjoy a great game. A LOT of the people that are going to play the game, don't care if there is a payshop (which they clearly stated there wont be).

If you have more things that you disagree with, ill save you time and lay it out in the clear: NOBODY (including the Devs) cares what you think about the game or the reasons why you aren't buying/playing the game. The game is NOT going to change, based on the opinion on the forums. Haven't you learned from the past experiences?

(when i say "you" i don't mean "you" personally. I mean "you morons who keep coming back to a game thread when you definitely are NOT going to play the game, because you wanted it free or because its different than you imagined/wanted")

Yeah, insulting people by calling them morons really works. And I may play, just probably not at launch.

Incidentally your "arguement" regarding standard/CE is silly. They could have put purely cosmetic things in the CE, not things like a race.

I'm sure the devs dont care what I personally thing, nor you. I'm pretty sure they care that the overwhelming response to the beta from the press has been at best lukewarm and in lots of cases negative, for pretty much the same reasons I have issues.

I've always taken the view that if you dont like something, say so. It may be changed. If not you lose nothing. But if you just keep quiet, you cannot ever possibly gain.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Insanoflex View Post
    why are main quests still bugged is a bigger concern.. its only 10 weeks away from launch.

Cant fault the customer support response time.. its been brilliant and i must have used it three times recently all connected to an "agent" within a minute.. too bad they do fuck all when you do get to talk to them.
    The main quest, wasn't "bugged" (tho there were several bugged quests). It was locked so people wouldn't progress more than it was intended.

Also, they have a closed beta test going, 24/7, to test content. The stress test, is not the version they are working on. They already have a much advanced version of the game, that is being worked on (i walked away to explore other areas, that were open, and there buildings and landscape that wasn't ready).

This version we are testing, is the same as last 2 beta weekends (the content was the same) and its just used to test the servers load. Thats it. This is not a content beta.

I did not have a massive problem with the UI, other than that stupid compass bar instead of a mini-map.

But surely to please both you just add options:

Display minimap 1/0
    Show DMG numbers 1/0

etc.
    ZoS approves all add ons that are made for the game. If there is one add on they will NOT approve it will be a mini map. It will give an unfair advantage to people in PVP that using it vs people who are not. And, it goes against the design of an ES game anyway.

Deleted
    The main quest, wasn't "bugged" (tho there were several bugged quests). It was locked so people wouldn't progress more than it was intended.

Also, they have a closed beta test going, 24/7, to test content. The stress test, is not the version they are working on. They already have a much advanced version of the game, that is being worked on (i walked away to explore other areas, that were open, and there buildings and landscape that wasn't ready).

This version we are testing, is the same as last 2 beta weekends (the content was the same) and its just used to test the servers load. Thats it. This is not a content beta.
    the main quest was definitely bugged for at least two factions. it worked for me on one character, same quest was just broken later. I have zero faith that it will be fixed.. regardless if there is a more advanced build and how support wouldnt even spawn an npc which needed to be killed was enough for me to stop caring. I gave it a shot but it smells and feels like another swtor. the game wont fail but it aint gonna survive on a monthly sub. Im sure people will disagree but meh goodluck to them.

the main quest was definitely bugged for at least two factions. it worked for me on one character, same quest was just broken later. I have zero faith that it will be fixed.. regardless if there is a more advanced build and how support wouldnt even spawn an npc which needed to be killed was enough for me to stop caring. I gave it a shot but it smells and feels like another swtor. the game wont fail but it aint gonna survive on a monthly sub. Im sure people will disagree but meh goodluck to them.

Would be nicer to hear how it was bugged since I don't think i encountered any bugs along the main quests I did.

A lot of the bugs seemed to be related to the mega server tech, not the actual quests themselves. It will work in some "instances" but not in others.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharuko View Post
    I don't understand why people keep saying single player, in the first zones there are like skulls on the map that should be elite areas that are for groups. Forget dungeons and pubic dungeons or PvP even the open world zones have group content.
    Yeah..those elites have a loot explosion when they die to lol! I did some 5 manning for one and it was fun.

Quote Originally Posted by c0rp View Post
    ZoS approves all add ons that are made for the game. If there is one add on they will NOT approve it will be a mini map. It will give an unfair advantage to people in PVP that using it vs people who are not. And, it goes against the design of an ES game anyway.
    Am I the only one that never used a mini-map in MMOs? To me its always there, I look at it sometimes, but never actually use it. I liked what some games did like Tera where they have a map overlay on your screen.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mickybrighteyes View Post
    Would be nicer to hear how it was bugged since I don't think i encountered any bugs along the main quests I did.
    was on Khenarthi’s Roost.. some mage being possessed by uldon? and part of the quest just broke. think it was disarm a trap for his apprentice so that she could come help.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sharuko View Post
    A lot of the bugs seemed to be related to the mega server tech, not the actual quests themselves. It will work in some "instances" but not in others.
    yeah could be.. they seemed to bug when a large amount of people were attempting to do a quest. which will probably end up being a horrible experience at launch.

Deleted
    Yeah, insulting people by calling them morons really works. And I may play, just probably not at launch.
    Oh but i didnt insulted you. Just like you clearly mentioned you weren't calling us "picky pedants", i clearly mentioned i wasn't calling you "moron". Its obvious.

Incidentally your "arguement" regarding standard/CE is silly. They could have put purely cosmetic things in the CE, not things like a race.
    They could, but they didnt. Its a tiny feature that you could change in a year, if you don't want to buy the Imperial Edition now. Or, like i said, look at the Imperial Edition as the "real game" and the "standard edition" as a "low cost" edition of the game... and all is ok in life. It really depends how you look at it.

Going over the fact that, afaik, we have no confirmation the Imperial IS a new race, if they will have their own racial or not, if its just a cosmetic or visual version, of the already available races (they mention "you can play Imperial Characters in any of the three alliances" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LeAMlppColQ). Going over the fact that, afaik, the only real advantage the Imperial Edition has (and nobody seems affected by it) is the extra experience rings.

I'm sure the devs dont care what I personally thing, nor you. I'm pretty sure they care that the overwhelming response to the beta from the press has been at best lukewarm and in lots of cases negative, for pretty much the same reasons I have issues.

I've always taken the view that if you dont like something, say so. It may be changed. If not you lose nothing. But if you just keep quiet, you cannot ever possibly gain.
    Ive been following their facebook page and they have linked plenty of media positive feedback. And most of the official media ive seen (not the youtube/bloggers opinion makers) is giving very positive feedback. They also mention it isn't a perfect game, nobody is expecting it, but most of it is positive.

Oh i agree with you. You should point out if you don't like something and suggest a valid change (not exactly what you did, but close enough). You actually just need one post/comment/email for that. However, when doing so, do it on a platform where it can be read and where its content is meaningful. Not on the forums of a website dedicated to WoW LOL. Here, it stops being positive feedback, and becomes hating comments.

Anyway, hope you find a game that suits your needs and enjoy your gaming experience.

was on Khenarthi’s Roost.. some mage being possessed by uldon? and part of the quest just broke. think it was disarm a trap for his apprentice so that she could come help.
    Weird
    Never had that happen =/ did khenarthi twice and only bugs I encountered were side quests like not being able to lure thunderbugs or missing obvious graphical details (that trail)

10+ Year Old Account
    Does anyone know if or where the file is that contains the keybindings? I really don't want to have to go through setting keybinds for each character.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mickybrighteyes View Post
    Weird
    Never had that happen =/ did khenarthi twice and only bugs I encountered were side quests like not being able to lure thunderbugs or missing obvious graphical details (that trail)
    the first patient broke for me.. kill one npc which was bugged for a few hours, then you go to kill another but that never got fixed as far as i know. I abandoned and tried three times. Always a group of people waiting for them to spawn though.

Also, they have a closed beta test going, 24/7, to test content.
    I wonder how small that group of testers is, given that no info leaked about endgame, as far as I know.
    I know that certain high level stuff has been testing since early last year, can't be more specific, but suffice to say: the buggy mess we've been experiencing in the stress tests is in no way representative of the final product (even as of December). I hope that comes as a relief to some of you. I wish they would make the final build available, but I assume they are trying to avoid spoilers at this point.
    Last edited by Lycanthat; 2014-02-11 at 01:16 AM.

Deleted

- - - Updated - - -

yeah could be.. they seemed to bug when a large amount of people were attempting to do a quest. which will probably end up being a horrible experience at launch.
    i did come across a few quests where you needed to use an item or find items on the ground, and with 20 other people doing the quest it just took ages. a few quests i thought were actually bugged because the item was impossible to find, but after 25mins of looking one finally spawned.

Deleted
    the first patient broke for me.. kill one npc which was bugged for a few hours, then you go to kill another but that never got fixed as far as i know. I abandoned and tried three times. Always a group of people waiting for them to spawn though.
    They didnt really care about fixed those bugged npcs, cuz they probably already know about them (like i said, they have a closed beta going, for months now, just to test content) and they were just focused on the megaserver stress test

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lycanthat View Post
    I wonder how small that group of testers is, given that no info leaked about endgame, as far as I know.
    I know that certain high level stuff has been testing since early last year, can't be more specific, but suffice to say: the buggy mess we've been experiencing in the stress tests is in no way representative of the final product (even as of December). I hope that comes as a relief to some of you.
    Really have no idea what is the size of the group, but i know it exists and it has been working on content, for all races, for months now.

Glenumbra's been disappointing as far as bugged quests are concerned. I have submitted a LOT of /bug reports.
    "We must now recognize that the greatest threat of freedom for us all is if we go back to eating ourselves out from within." - John Anderson