Quote Originally Posted by Grantji View Post
    Aaand what do you think ESO is going to be? It comes from a very popular franchise and, like every game, wants to cater a diverse audience to get as many subscribers as possible.
    I hope that ESO will stay away from the WoW approach. I want it to be a TES MMO, not an easy-peasy game that every kiddo can play and feel entilted to everything for his subscription. If they want the WoW success while sacrificing the thing that makes it unique I wont play anymore, WoW was enough, I've seen where it goes.

Quote Originally Posted by Trix View Post
    I would ignore that statement, I've been in many past beta's and people always say this, there is little to no change at this stage from release.

However these are stress test betas, so the servers should be in much better shape at release. AFAIK, Europeans will have their own server as well.
    No, this is true. Go check the video of the guy who travel in every zones (page 658 by cOrp), he was on the closed beta build, the real one. There is mobs and quests in every zones. We were on an old build for the stress test, where everything outside of the lvl 1-15 is disactivated.

Quote Originally Posted by zylathas View Post
    New interview (link from the bethsoft forums) http://forums.bethsoft.com/topic/148...isten-to-this/

So the cash-shop is difinitely not there although they will be selling character slots (guess I am fineish with this as there are enough slots)

Okay, this is where I draw the line. You cannot charge a monthly subscription and charge for character slots. I'm going to hop aboard the F2P train if they're going to start doing that BS.
    "We must now recognize that the greatest threat of freedom for us all is if we go back to eating ourselves out from within." - John Anderson

Quote Originally Posted by Beazy View Post
    ESO will never cater to the PvP crowd because the combat is trash. You cannot have competitive PvP in ESO.
    PvP is competitive by the definition. No MMO can have cybersports like level of competition, due to several factors, and combat system is probably the least important of them.

Deleted
    On a different note. Now that we've reached page 666 I am sure this game is cursed and it's makers will burn in hell for all eternity.

Although that's not something anyone will probably worry about (I don't either)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Skulltaker View Post
    If you are aiming, aim for the best. WoW is market leader. Aim for the stars, hit the moon. I like to compare myself to the best, because I feel it encourages me the most.
    yup if you open up a hamburger restaurant aim to be mcdonalds, don't care about the fact that you could make a good living and have a big clientele doing something fresh and different for another market, like say home made burgers with big ass fries and fresh side salads. Nope, Aim for the market that is allready taken by the industry giant by being a bland ripoff offerening the same stale bun, and then you can whine when noone comes to visit your place because there is no difference from mcdonalds across the street so people see no incentive to even try. yup, sounds like good bussiness to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Beazy View Post
    ESO will never cater to the PvP crowd because the combat is trash. You cannot have competitive PvP in ESO.
    the game is better off without that crowd, thanks. they tend to be the most abusive, immature, flat out dickish assholes in every single game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    the game is better off without that crowd, thanks. they tend to be the most abusive, immature, flat out dickish assholes in every single game.
    Cant disagree with you there.

Quote Originally Posted by Lane View Post
    Eh, subjective. I'm not a hardcore ES fan, only ever played Skyrim, and it felt enough like it for me to answer yes. Likewise, it's enough of an MMO for me -- and definitely more RPG than any other MMORPG on the market -- my only issue is the separation of party members for certain instanced content, which I made sure to comment about in the box provided.
    The fact that you end up in different instances with your party member is fixed with "Traver to player" option. It used to bug A LOT for me, especially with huge load, but it's been working for me in the last two days.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lane View Post

Okay, this is where I draw the line. You cannot charge a monthly subscription and charge for character slots. I'm going to hop aboard the F2P train if they're going to start doing that BS.
    Ofc not, it's also not so that people buy a second wow account when they've reached 50 characters. It doesn't matter if you buy it on the site or from a new account, if people want more slots they'll get it. So why not offer it in the shop? Even if they didn't people could just buy a second account.

Although I do think that there should be 'more' character slots, I think the number that is there is on the low side especially if they still want people making new characters in 4-5 years.

10+ Year Old Account
    You guys really complain about everything don't you? lmao
    "The sword is mightier than the pen, and considerably easier to kill with."

Ofc not, it's also not so that people buy a second wow account when they've reached 50 characters. It doesn't matter if you buy it on the site or from a new account, if people want more slots they'll get it. So why not offer it in the shop? Even if they didn't people could just buy a second account.

Although I do think that there should be 'more' character slots, I think the number that is there is on the low side especially if they still want people making new characters in 4-5 years.
    It really depends on how deep the character progression on max level will be. The whole altomania in WoW started when endgame content was casualized, too many lower difficulty options were created and with that they didnt pay attention to leveling and low level content.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderball View Post
    It really depends on how deep the character progression on max level will be. The whole altomania in WoW started when endgame content was casualized, too many lower difficulty options were created and with that they didnt pay attention to leveling and low level content.
    Well just looking at how I used to play wow (don't play wow like this anymore) I made roughly 3 new characters every year that I played actively atleast till endgame (with one main I played on endgame) I played wow for 8 years so I should have roughly 24 characters (in fact it are less as I started this after roughly 4 years and quit with it 1 year ago) so assuming it is the same for teso (if leveling stays cool enough) then I should need like 20 character slots if they want me hooked for quite a few years.

In teso's perspective it's kinda different though as there are 4 classes and you can experience the other faction's content on your main. So in the ideal case I make 4 characters on my main alliance and possibly one or two on the other alliances. In that case I think that 12 to 16 character slots should suffice (double of what I would use). After that I don't care much about them selling slots as 75-90% (estimated) of the players will not make 12 16 characters.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sainur View Post
    You guys really complain about everything don't you? lmao
    What you call complaints for the sake of complaining is what many feel is value concerns for a game they want to like, play and succeed. Each of us have our opinions about ESO. You expect to come here and only hear positive ones?

Deleted
    beta survey too long and boring, very oddly worded questions at times

the thing about wow, is that it has had 10 years of polish to make it very shiny, but the gameplay is not the same any more, which for me is a big issue. i like games to feel the way i remember them, for example, i picked up mario kart 64 the other day for the first time in a while, jumped straight in at 150cc and won nearly all the races becauses i knew the tracks and remembered how to power slide. ( i was still a little rusty and came second in places, but i still pulled off the shortcut on rainbow road). point is, it's still the same game at it's core.

but with wow, if you dont play it for a while then log in, it's a completely different game due to all the little tweaks, patches and buffs/nerfs over time. every patch talents and abilities are changed and more and more flexibility is being removed. the core gameplay has evolved over time and honestly, i dont like it. it's not bad, but it feels more bland than ever now and long gone are the days when i would spend hours logged in doing random shit like herbing, mining, 5 mans, etc etc just to progress my character.

i've always refrained from saying this, but it really has been dumbed down over the last 2 expansions, i'm honestly kinda glad ghostcrawler has gone, not that i can blame him entirely for the way wow has evolved, but there was certainly something about the old design i liked and there's something about the new design that i really dislike.

WoW has killed itself for me, no matter how exciting the thought of taking down some armored gronn might be, i just can't help but find myself not at all interested in WoD, i'm not gonna try and bash it, but it just doesn't appeal to me anymore, it's lost something and whatever that something was, ESO seems to have found it and i can only point towards the talent/skill system - WoW's needs overhauling, again.

i'll stick around for WoD beta and keep an eye on it's progression once ESO launches, but blizz are gonna have to pull something truly spectacular out of their butts to keep my subscription - although, it might just be my time to move on, my guild kinda died and there's very little worth logging on for these days.
    Last edited by smokii; 2014-02-12 at 04:46 PM.
    <insert witty signature here>

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by c0da View Post
    I don't know if we can talk about that survey because of the NDA.

Complete nonsense as the vast majority of the questions related to the strengths of the game which includes crafting and PvP. And there are rarely any yes/no questions.
    I think Puupis is correct. You happen to be looking at the survey with mostly a positive opinion of the game. Which is fine. But for some of us, the questions on the survey hit home on exactly what our concerns and complaints are about the game. And we got to express them with our selections on the survey.

Well just looking at how I used to play wow (don't play wow like this anymore) I made roughly 3 new characters every year that I played actively atleast till endgame (with one main I played on endgame) I played wow for 8 years so I should have roughly 24 characters (in fact it are less as I started this after roughly 4 years and quit with it 1 year ago) so assuming it is the same for teso (if leveling stays cool enough) then I should need like 20 character slots if they want me hooked for quite a few years.

In teso's perspective it's kinda different though as there are 4 classes and you can experience the other faction's content on your main. So in the ideal case I make 4 characters on my main alliance and possibly one or two on the other alliances. In that case I think that 12 to 16 character slots should suffice (double of what I would use). After that I don't care much about them selling slots as 75-90% (estimated) of the players will not make 12 16 characters.
    Well, I played for 6 years before quitting and had 6 characters. Realistically I would've been ok with 3, maybe 4 (my main, an alt, harvester/storage and maybe a pvp alt), others were made during ICC stalemate, out of boredom. So, if ESO devs doesnt do something very stupid (like nothing to do at maxlevel, except for pvp) and dont drag too much with content updates I'll be ok with 4 chars for 3 years at least. Later - we will see, I might quit a lot earlier, depending on how it goes.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    I think Puupis is correct. You happen to be looking at the survey with mostly a positive opinion of the game. Which is fine. But for some of us, the questions on the survey hit home on exactly what our concerns and complaints are about the game. And we got to express them with our selections on the survey.
    They could use the feedback, just dont turn it into the hate-fest and bash every thing that is different from WoW here. They are different for a reason. (This is to all of you people who are interested but dislike something about the game, not you specifically, Ghostpanther).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grantji View Post
    Aaand what do you think ESO is going to be? It comes from a very popular franchise and, like every game, wants to cater a diverse audience to get as many subscribers as possible.
    I would hope so. I agree, any smart company marketing a product does so to make money. Would be kind of silly not to make a attempt to appeal to a wide variety of player base. And you can do that by giving the players many options to enjoy the game. Too much focus on one way, will limit your appeal and lead to .....less profits.:P

Quote Originally Posted by Thunderball View Post
    The fact that you end up in different instances with your party member is fixed with "Traver to player" option. It used to bug A LOT for me, especially with huge load, but it's been working for me in the last two days.
    There are specific instances that you cannot join as a party though and I don't like that.

My bf and I are very familiar with the "Travel" function as we were having to use it constantly. I also don't like that it teleports you to the nearest wayshrine. Many times that was a good distance away from where we were and in the opposite direction. I really hope they fix that.

No. This is simply unacceptable. The single only reason I support a subscription model is it (ideally apparently) allows you access to everything without charging for extras (except potentially vanity items). Paying separately for character slots is F2P/B2P crap.

There's no reason to ever have 50 characters in WoW, that's insane, and I say that as a hardcore altoholic. ESO would have to come with at least one slot per race with 1-2 extra for good measure, IMO.
    "We must now recognize that the greatest threat of freedom for us all is if we go back to eating ourselves out from within." - John Anderson